Overall Satisfaction with NetSuite
NetSuite is being used by our entire organization - Accounting, Sales, Support, and Marketing. We use NetSuite as our business CRM. I personally use NetSuite for Marketing purposes. I make and maintain all the email templates that are used by our Support and Accoutning staff. My role also consists of integrating NetSuite with Pardot for our automating marketing efforts.
- NetSuite does a good job at handling a lot of data and then organizing it into different tabs for each company or contact record.
- NetSuite makes it easy to look up information on every contact we have and see their status or recent activity with our company or salesperson.
- NetSuite provides Marketing with a lot of useful fields such as Lead Source which is valuable for tracking ROI in our marketing efforts.
- I do not like the way they display Lists of information. Instead of one-click you have to make two clicks in order to see the List. Then after that the lists are split into groups of 25 items and going through lists that have hundreds of items takes forever, especially if you were wanting to multi-select items that our not within the same 25 displayed items.
- NetSuite recently updated the way email templates work. Now when I try to make changes to them they force me to convert them to a different scriptable format which in return breaks some of the template and most of the variable/inserted fields.
- Some days the site is really slow and simple tasks take forever to load.
- I only use NetSuite from a Marketing standpoint so the only ROI we've seen comes from being able to report on lead sources and tie that to revenue from those leads. This really isn't ROI but enables us to see our Marketing ROI.
I am not the decision maker for this but I believe our company will be sticking with NetSuite for the long term. A CRM like this is a big investment and not something you move away from quickly and without a lot of planning. There is a lot of data involved and importing that into a new system is no easy task.
NetSuite has pros and cons. It's definitely meant for larger companies, small businesses would probably never use a lot of the available features. Our company had to use a third party to setup NetSuite. Anyone looking into using NetSuite will most likely have to do the same. It's a big expense so make sure you over-budget for that.