Overall Satisfaction with Pure Storage FlashArray
I was initially skeptical, our plan was to boot 100% of our virtual machines and VFX render infrastructure from several Pure FlashArrays. The performance has been excellent as expected, but the compression/deduplication and reliability have vastly exceeded my expectations.
- Speed. It is fast, really fast. I'm not sure where Pure gets their magical go faster pixie dust, but it is the good stuff.
- Reliable. No problems and that is amazing.
- We are booting 400 render nodes off of 4 of the smaller FlashArrays and the deduplication is nothing short of magical.
- The UI can be confusing, but the CLI more than makes up for it.
- I would love to see more statistics, graphs help prove to users that their gut instinct about where the problem is, is wrong.
We evaluated a build our own solution... I'm really happy we went with Pure Storage.
- We boot all of our virtual desktops directly from Pure FlashArray and it makes it trivial to roll out new operating system versions.
- Our new kubernetes cluster uses the Pure Service Orchestrator to provide persistent volumes for containers.
Pure Storage FlashArray Feature Ratings
Pure Storage FlashArray Reliability
We run what seems to me to be a crazy number of hosts (800), backed by 2 pure arrays. Around 400 hosts per array, including database servers, render farm, application servers, etc.