Overall Satisfaction with Sage Intacct
Sage Intacct is primarily used by our Accounting Department and the President of our company. We have been able to use the reporting features and the statistical journal entries to provide detailed reporting to our Operations Department to aid in important decisions, such as purchasing, performance goals, and how efficient each manager is within their specific department. We have been able to get detailed data on a much more granular level, which is incredibly helpful.
- We find the Accounts Payable section to be easy to navigate and use.
- The Cash Management and Bank Reconciliations make looking at that data easy.
- The ability to move from the Top Level entity down to the other entities is a great function.
- The bills register could have a cleaner layout.
- The inter-entity transactions can be hard to decipher.
- We have been able to make decisions with much more information, which leads to smarter choices.
- We can more easily track which tours we offer are profitable.
- Tracking the expenses and profits on a closer level allows us to add or remove parts of the company.
We have been able to become very efficient by utilizing the automation feature for accounts payable and the import structure for the journal entries. By using these features, we were able to lose a person in our department without being overwhelmed with the workload. It is awesome how much the added automation has helped.
The only feature our company has utilized on this list is the multi-entity feature. We are a company with 14 different entities, 3 of which are constantly doing daily business. The ability to toggle back and forth between these entities without having to log in and out each time is very helpful for everyone in our department.
The integration was quite a process for us. Coming from QuickBooks, Intacct was a huge learning curve. We also started at an odd time in the year, April. I would say it took us about four months to really get the hang of the flow, and by month six we were seeing a lot of gained efficiencies.
Sage Intacct is well suited for a medium or larger company. I would not think the level of detail is necessary for a small business. I would also recommend it for a company that needs a line by line detail of their transactions. Sage Intacct allows us to enter data on a very granular level, which allows us to see how specific areas are functioning rather than just an overview of the whole company.