Overall Satisfaction with Sage Intacct
Sage Intacct is our Accounting/Financial software. The accounting department is the primary user, however, we have deployed dashboards to all of the company's General Managers. Through the dashboards, I can deploy more immediate financial information allowing for faster decision-making.
- Importation of data allows you to enter precisely what you want. By saving templated information you don't have to re-invent a similar journal entry time after time.
- Dimensions allow for deeper analysis of customers and products.
- In-time changes allows you to see immediately the effect of entries.
- Duplicating screens allows you to easily move between various actions. For example, having my Financial Statement library up on one screen, seeing a P&L on a second screen, and being able to make a correcting journal entry on a third screen.
- Being able to delete a funds transfer entry on the fly instead of reversing
- Positive: We've been able to improve the Gross Profit Margin by having better insight into the costs of producing services down to the customer level
- Positive: We've been able to see in real-time the results of our business as compared to quarterly and annual projections
We are only at the beginning of tapping Intacct's automated process. Can't speak to this yet.
Beyond the fact that our service providers were well trained and knowledgeable about the product, most of the integration was in the form of very easy data uploads. Even canned reports made it easy to confirm that all the data had been entered correctly.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (formerly Dynamics NAV) and Microsoft Dynamics GP
The Microsoft products seem to be stuck in the last century. Intacct's GUI is cleaner, more intuitive for the non-accounting user, and allows for more reporting customization.
Sage Intacct is well suited to companies that want more in-depth analysis of their transactions. Not so well suited for a company that is less interested in business intelligence or is so small that the software would be overwhelming.