A Consultant's Case for SurveyMonkeyhttps://www.trustradius.com/surveysSurveyMonkeyUnspecified8.26381012014-03-10T21:20:20.242Z
March 10, 2014
A Consultant's Case for SurveyMonkey
Score 10 out of 101
The most recent use of SurveyMonkey by my organization was for a client as a managing/supporting role. The C-Level suite was using SurveyMonkey as a tool to evaluate one of its new management supervisors by surveying his team. This newly hired manager wanted survey results from the team to be the basis for any rewards, promotions, etc. It was a very new concept for the organization. I helped with administering the survey to the team [remotely, they were in another state] and I also helped to export the data and present the findings in Excel and PowerPoint. I think in this case it really helped bring in the Best Practice of a 360 degree review; where the performance of the new manager could be reported in the most accurate way - from those under his wing who felt they could be honest by being anonymous in the survey. I believe it went very well. My recommendation was to use the same method at all of my client's locations.
- Survey setup is very user friendly
- Data export is easy to work with
- It is a low cost solution, and a great free resource for students
- I appreciate that SurveyMonkey as a company wants to give back to non-profit organizations through SurveyMonkey Contribute, which I participate in on my personal time.
- Being from the Seattle area, I enjoy supporting this wonderful startup.
- I would like to see more opportunities for students to see full functionality for free; perhaps with a .edu email address?
- A great low cost tool I can recommend to my clients
- Does require some time to fully understand; I recommend creating a test survey and experimenting
SurveyMonkey, in my opinion, is an industry leader and my top choice; leaves no reason for me to seek comparable products.
It is not me personally who has paid for SurveyMonkey, it is my clients that set up the account. But from my experience, I believe they renew it because it is a great tool to have at the ready. If I had to purchase, I would most likely renew as long as I still needed the product for work.
In my situation with SurveyMonkey we had an issue come up - we had a whole team of employees doing the anonymous survey from their work location, which had only so many computers. Usually a way to ensure no duplicates would be to check the IP addresses, in our case, we were not able to to so, because many employees were sharing a computer. I would recommend doing the survey off-site, sending a link through email.