Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
With our prior Payroll/HR software, we could reach a support person with one call. We had a dedicated team assigned to our account. Ultimate uses a case system whereby you must enter a case (support ticket) and wait for a call back on that case. (NOTE: they do offer a direct line for payroll processing emergencies). But sometimes you just need to reach a person to ask a quick question or two so you can move on with your work. Not having that ability is a very big negative. You are given contact information for all of your support reps (you receive a support rep for each area of UltiPro that you use). However, they never answer your call or email in a timely manner. I will say, however, since going LIVE with UltiPro in December 2013, support has improved. It used to be much worse.
UltiPro is used as our employee portal, for payroll, benefit enrollment, recruitment, onboarding, reporting and analytics, and time and attendance. It has enabled us to consolidate systems and eliminate redundancy. Since UltiPro is constantly adding functionality and enhancements, we too continue to expand our use of their offerings.
- Knowledge transfer/training. Their training of UltiPro users is second to none. They offer many types of training to fit all needs and training styles. They really meet their clients' needs in this area.
- Keeping up with changes. Ultimate has reacted well to the ACA changes as well as the upcoming FLSA changes. They are very proactive.
- Their modules for the most part are very easy to use. Very intuitive.
- Their payroll module is particularly very easy to use. Processing pay in UltiPro is simple!
- Performance management (PM). Although UltiPro offers a PM module, it is not very flexible. We attempted to implement this module but had to halt our attempt as it would not fit our organization or processes. We were even willing to change our process if need be. But the module is so inflexible we had to discontinue any attempts at using PM in UltiPro.
- Benefit enrollment. The OE and Life Events are not easy to configure and reporting from these modules is also not what it could be. I would like to see this area enhanced.
- Support. With our prior Payroll/HR software, we could reach a support person with one call. Ultimate uses a case system whereby you must enter a case and wait for a call back on that case. (NOTE: they do offer a direct line for payroll processing emergencies). But sometimes you just need to reach a person to ask a quick question or two so you can move on with your work. Not having that ability is a very big negative. I will say, since going LIVE with UltiPro in December 2013, support has improved. It used to be much worse.
- One major drawback is that Ultimate does not recommend performing employee maintenance during an open payroll. That was one of the selling points they made to us when reviewing UltiPro. We wanted to have UltiPro as our system of record and wanted to keep all data "real time". After going LIVE, we learned that there are issues when making certain changes to employee records during an open payroll session. Hence, we do not do maintenance during payroll process. This caused 5-6 days where our employee data is not updated.
We had in person training for UltiPro Time & Attendance. The facilitator was a newer trainer and that reflected in the class. This would probably not be the normal experience in other classroom trainings.
UKG Pro Feature Ratings
900 - 900 employees use the Employee portal. 9 HR staff perform administration in UltiPro. About 200 managers use manager self serve.
9 - We have 9 HR staff that use various components of UltiPro. One is an HRMS analyst with responsibility over the entire system. The balance of staff maintains or uses only a portion of the system based on their duties in HR.
- Overall functionality is intuitive, easy to use.
- Ability to house multiple functions in once system (payroll, benefits, timekeeping, recruitment, applicant tracking...)
- Reporting and analytics are fabulous.
- Applicant tracking. We have completely eliminated our paper applications.
- We have been able to reduce redundancy and save time. Although not unexpected or innovative, definitely a positive for our organization.
- Reporting and analytics. Being able to eliminate our third party producer of our Total Comp Statements.
- We were able to use UltiPro to produce, distribute and self-file our 1095 forms for ACA reporting.
- Expand our use of the analytic tools.
- UltiPro now offers the ability to configure the system to meet your organizations needs. This is a newer feature but one we definitely want to use.