Webex - An Honest Opinion
Updated July 30, 2023
Webex - An Honest Opinion
Technician in Information TechnologyBanking Company, 201-500 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Webex App
We currently utilize Webex as a centralized messaging platform across multiple departments at our institution. By leveraging both the PC and mobile application solutions, Webex allows us to have a real-time communication platform for collaboration on various projects and endeavors within Webex Spaces. We also have utilized the meeting functionality for both scheduled and unscheduled meetings between multiple parties.
- Real-time communication.
- Quick meeting functionality, whether via audio only or with video.
- Customization within chat channels and spaces.
- Wide variety of third-party integrations.
- Currently, Webex and Webex Meetings are two separate apps. This would be nice to see integrated into one combined app.
- More status options would be welcome.
- More apps in the App Hub would always be a positive.
- Ability to create bots for chat channels.
- Webex has allowed our organization to collaborate in real-time.
- Webex Spaces has given our organization a way to view project files together.
- Webex has allowed us to have video conferences quickly at the push of a button.
Company-wide. We have this in the hands of every user. We have encouraged both the use of web and mobile.
Do you think Webex App delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Webex App's feature set?
Did Webex App live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Webex App go as expected?
Would you buy Webex App again?
Webex is an awesome platform for UCaaS. As a previous user of other platforms, I can honestly say that Webex is the smoothest solution that I have encountered so far. The solution is further enhanced by utilizing other Cisco products, such as a Webex Room Kit for conference rooms. The customization of software platform allows a significant amount of functionality to be added in addition to outside-of-the-box solutions. Overall, I would highly recommend Webex for anyone looking for a UCaaS solution.
Webex App Feature Ratings
Visual planning tools
Integrates with GoToMeeting
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts
Integrates with Outlook
Integrates with Google Drive
Webex App Support
We have not encountered any issues with support from Webex. Any time that we have had a question or run into an issue, a quick chat with our Webex rep in our dedicated collaboration Webex Space has always been met with a quick response and rarely an unsatisfactory resolution to the issue.
Using Webex App
Webex is a fairly easy solution for end users to learn, understand and use. With more and more users leveraging smartphones with applications such as iMessage, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, Android Messages, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, etc., the learning curve for Webex App is not very steep at all. A large amount of the expected functionality for the previously listed applications and Webex seems to overlap.