Telecom Expense Management (TEM)
brightfin, formed from the merger of MobiChord, Mobile Solutions, and visage, is a provider of Technology Expense Management software and services with apps built on the ServiceNow Platform. brightfin offers the following applications.Mobile ManagementTelecom Expense Management (Voice…
For managing assets, vendor spend, usage and contracts to strategic sourcing and spend analysis, Genuity is a Technology Business Management platform designed to enable teams to spend smarter and maximize the value of every dollar a business spends. Genuity builds tools to help businesses…
Thinking Machine is designed to help enterprises uncover hidden value in their technology and telecom spend, without changing suppliers, and while supporting digital transformation efforts. The solution automates challenging activities related to telecom asset inventory auditing,…
iSimplexity provides self-service, assisted or managed Telecom Expense Management (TEM) software and services. Operating globally, their service aims to automate and simplify enterprise mobility policy administration and reduce costs.iSimplexity caters to small, medium and large/…
With so many major carriers standardising their contracts, there are more chances to overpay for unneeded services, possibly by thousands of dollars each month because of the hidden fees and charges hidden in contracts. But very few of them know where these extra costs are coming…
RadiusPoint’s Telecom Expense Management (TEM) will manage the entire lifecycle of the telecom and or technology expense, from the order placement, verification of installation, set up for cost allocation, audit and optimization to payment. RadiusPoint, utilizing ExpenseLogic, is…
Network Control provides Telecom Expense Management managed services. Among the services offered are evaluation, preparation and negotiation, bill auditing and dispute resolution, expense management, employee provisioning, inventory and asset management, policy review, and development.…
Widepoint offers a range of products and services to enterprises and government entities. TEM is available a a product called Telecom Lifecycle Management and is also available as a managed service which includes mobility management, identity authentication and access management.
What is Telecom Expense Management Software?
Telecom expense management (TEM) software began with the goal of controlling fixed phone line monthly expenses. Today, it has expanded to cover the management of wireless, voice, and data services with the goal of reducing risk and cost. Departments such as finance, IT, and procurement benefit from using these services by simplifying cost management of corporate communications as well as their inventory.
Services provided by telecom expense management are now automated to reduce the stress of billing and monitoring expenses on a day-to-day basis to ensure goals are met. Having complete visibility over your communication systems, mobile devices, and circuits gives an organization a snapshot of expenses which helps improve efficiency. TEM software applications also assist with C-level technology strategic decision-making.
The functionalities of TEM software are similar to that of mobile device management (MDM) which provide a broad range of security capabilities so that they are safe to use for business. TEM products, however, have more of a focus on the following areas:
- Inventory management and change control
- Procurement and fulfillment
- Invoice management
- Expense management (including validation and optimization)
- Usage management and chargeback
- Bill payment
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
Telecom Expense Management Features
Some useful features when using telecom expense management include:
- Data billing
- Voice billing
- Call monitoring
- Dashboards & visualization
- Usage tracking
- Asset inventory
- Asset discovery
- Contract management
- Fixed-line capability
- Notifications & reminders
Telecom Expense Management Comparison
As a buyer, some important factors to keep in mind when researching TEM services include:
- Expense vs. Lifecycle Management: Some TEM products focus on managing the financial aspects of telecom assets and expenditures. Others integrate expense management into broader lifecycle management capabilities. The full lifecycle management function can be valuable to some orgs, but may be repetitive with other existing IT asset management tools. Consider whether built-in lifecycle management capabilities feel existing needs for the business beyond pure expense management.
- Support Rating: When using any system, you want to make sure you feel supported when you find yourself with any questions or concerns. This involves being able to talk to a real-live person who, preferably, makes you feel like part of the same team. Therefore, researching a vendors support rating may be wise when deciding on a product.
Most of the pricing for telecom expense management is customized to fit the end users needs and therefore usually aren’t displayed publicly. Industry estimates place average pricing around $30 monthly for basic packages with limited features. Many of the products will offer a free demo upon request.