Likelihood to Recommend
Simple conversions from Acrobat PDF docs that have been created by Word, Excel, etc., probably do not need this program. But if you are ever faced with anything more than simple, straightforward conversions, this program is definitely worth it and will save hours of work. I have not found anything else that even comes close.
Without the search functionality, we will not be recommending this software/service. I am hopeful that ITG will respond to what seems like a pretty simple request, otherwise we will start the tedious process of looking for another documentation system.
- Creates editable spreadsheets from Excel documents that have been scanned.
- Allows certain segments of documents to be selected for editing.
- Allows bulk conversion.
- Excellent visibility
- Easy to see if we have fully documented a client network
- Able to share client documentation with client in a secure fashion
- It's a little challenging to edit the row breaks.
- Sometimes selecting all the pages in a document is cumbersome. "Select all" with custom conversion does not always choose all pages.
- So far we have enjoyed the functionality of ITG with one exception:
- The search feature is severely lacking. We have thousands of articles in this knowledge base but the search window is about 1" wide and only shows the first few words of each article. Within our system, those first few words are often the same "SYSTEMS: How-To...". If we are searching for a system, we will have no alternative but to manually try to find this document by browsing through folders within ITG.
- Unfortunately ITG has not responded to a flurry of enhancement requests around this feature, that go back quite a while.
- The functionality that would make this a killer app for us would be a dedicated search page that displayed results like a Google search page.
- Ability to export all client documentation if the client moves to another provider.
Return on Investment
- I save hours of work when dealing with client information. It takes only a few documents for me to recover the cost of this software in time saved.
- Positive - Standardized documentation process
- Negative - we often cannot find documents that would save our technicians and customers time.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Able2Extract Professional Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing DetailsLifetime license: $149.95 / 30-Day Subscription: $34.95 / Volume licensing available: Contact us
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
IT Glue Editions & Modules
1. per user