<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.3 out of 100
Based on 188 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
- Organization Management: Dashlane has the ability to setup groups of people who can get access to items.
- Password Generation: This software makes good passwords that are secure.
- Low Tech-Literacy: For those in your organization that are not great at managing passwords, Dashlane makes it relatively easy.
- Customization: Dashlane is not good at being able to control the way your passwords work or are generated.
- Browser Integration: Dashlane takes over so many field that it makes using a browser too difficult.
- Searching: When searching, it limits to certain fields and returns too many results, while excluding secure notes etc.
Engineer in EngineeringApparel & Fashion Company, 51-200 employees
Paypal is great for personal payments as well as business payments for ecommerce of for paying monthly memberships. It is a user friendly software that needs little expertise to get used to. For larger payments, the fees become high therefore it is more suitable for payments of upto few hundred dollars.
- Dashlane does a great job of detecting the password creation process on new websites and prompting users to store the data on the app. This saves a lot of time and eliminates the need to remember to save passwords manually.
- Dashlane syncs well across devices. That password you created using your laptop is immediately available on your smartphone app without the need for double entry.
- The Dashlane application provides a variety of data save types beyond just passwords. You are able to save account information, payment methods, and personal data in a categorized way.
- PayPal offers me the option of converting my currency deposited in my account to another currency, so I can complete all kinds of payments and send money to employees who are in another country for business reasons.
- The mobile phone application is too fast, I can make payments to my employees in a matter of seconds without having to wait for the web version to load.
- Scheduled payments are great. PayPal allows me to add a list of contacts to my PayPal Business account, and after adding the contacts, I can schedule payments for a specific day and time. It's easier to make automated payroll payments with PayPal.
- Admin capabilities - Admins cannot reset passwords or 2SV tokens for any users, so they are left to contact Dashlane support. Without adequate management, Dashlane is tough to support internally effectively.
- Reporting - Dashlane does not provide reports for when users export passwords, fail logins or do anything else to potentially compromise their accounts. The reporting right now simply shows when users are created and added/removed from sharing Groups, but even then, the reporting is broken.
- Chrome - Chromebook users cannot take advantage of Dashlane to any real degree. They cannot set up 2SV tokens or keys, nor are they given the same features (Security Dashboard, Sharing Centre, etc.) so the experience is hampered, which adversely affects adoption.
- Sometimes the UX flow would not deliver the customer back to our site, leaving orders in limbo "Pre-approved" status. The customer would call days later asking why we hadn't shipped it.
- The PayPal logo on the checkout page can be kind of large and obtrusive.
- They mention new features and programs on their login page, but it's hard to find any details on them deeper in the software.
Based on 1 answer
I can't imagine not having it. Dashlane is an integral part of all my computing, across PCs and Apple products. What Dashlane does should be built into every operating system!
Engineer in Information TechnologyHospital & Health Care Company, 1001-5000 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 4 answers
We've had no issues with Dashlane. I can't speak to their customer service because I have not personally needed to contact them. I guess that speaks about their product if we've not had any issues to reach out about. Great for supporting data/information on multiple platforms that are shared among team members.
PayPal Payments 5.5
Based on 11 answers
Customer service representatives were unable to explain why customer in Australia were unable to make payments using our link. It turned out that customers in Australia must create an account. PayPal's user interface did not reveal this to our customers in Australia. There was plenty about this issue appearing in online forums and PayPal customer service couldn't explain this. This change in PayPal's usability happened between April and May of 2021 and was done without notice to vendors (like us).
Technician in Information TechnologyEducation Management Company, 1-10 employees
Dashlane was the best looking of them, we selected it because it went better with our communication style. 1Password was the second on the list, but we liked Dashlane applications more as well. It is really well design and polished, without compromising ease of use or speed.
PayPal [Payments] is the most popular payment processor on the internet and the most accepted by businesses and users, besides that allows you to instantly transfer money to almost anywhere in the world and in different currencies, besides that it is also affiliated with many banks which makes it a strongly supported processor, centralized and protected which generates confidence and security to both large companies and individuals.
Return on Investment
- Greater level of security regarding passwords for the company, definitely a huge bonus
- Can be frustrating if you're just trying to quickly log into something and it hasn't stored the correct password or doesn't load for some reason
- Can be a painful setup process if you have to manually remove stored passwords from Chrome/other browsers
Director in Customer ServiceTelecommunications Company, 11-50 employees
- In the past year we've lost a couple hundred dollars due to cancelled payment agreements
- Due to the large percentage who choose PayPal Payments, it's brought in thousands in sales that may have been abandoned otherwise
- Customers trust PayPal Payments and some feel more comfortable with it rather than putting in their credit card info. It's allowed purchasers who otherwise wouldn't have bought to purchase with the security of not having to enter sensitive payment info.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Dashlane Editions & Modules
|Individual Premium Plus||9.991|
|Family Premium Plus||14.991|
- per month
- per user/per month
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
PayPal Payments Editions & Modules
|Commercial Transactions - Online||2.90% + fixed fee1|
|Commercial Transactions - In-Store||2.70% + fixed fee1|
|PayPal's pay later offers||2.90% + fixed fee1|
|QR code Transactions||1.90% + fixed fee1|
|Venmo||2.90% + fixed fee1|
|Charity Transactions||2.20% + fixed fee1|
- per transaction