Likelihood to Recommend
Dashlane is great for those that have multiple logins or passwords to keep straight among multiple platforms. It's such an easy way to grant access to accounts to other employees when needed! I don't know how we got by without Dashlane before! Would not recommend if you only have a few logins to remember for just yourself. Great for team settings.
Paypal Payments is superb for sites with a single product, a few products, or a donation. It also works well for e-commerce shopping carts where you have a small to medium amount of items. Paypal Payments usually handles the one-time payment of the shopping cart, then directs you back to the merchant's site. This also puts the burden of a secure transaction SSL on Paypal, rather than your own website. If a commerce site is much bigger, or requires many items and/or selections, it may be more advantageous to look at some other options that would handle the payments "on site." This set up would require a site to be tightly secured, as credit card info would be transmitted on the merchant site.
- Dashlane does a great job of detecting the password creation process on new websites and prompting users to store the data on the app. This saves a lot of time and eliminates the need to remember to save passwords manually.
- Dashlane syncs well across devices. That password you created using your laptop is immediately available on your smartphone app without the need for double entry.
- The Dashlane application provides a variety of data save types beyond just passwords. You are able to save account information, payment methods, and personal data in a categorized way.
- PayPal is accepted in a large number of online stores, so you can buy in different places and countries easily and safely.
- By being an intermediary between your credit card and the seller, and in addition to using encryption security in your transactions, you are not at risk of your credentials and personal data being stolen.
- Use is very simple, you only have to associate a credit card and you can already buy in the hundreds of shops that accept PayPal.
- PayPal has an anti-fraud security system, so in case you buy something and it does not arrive or arrives damaged, you can open a case to ask for a refund. The resolution of the case is delayed only a few days, which is much faster than the vast majority of banks.
- It sometimes saves duplicates of logins if something was 1 character off. I would ideally like to see it suggest to remove one of the logins or merge the accounts if the info is the same.
- I have a booking service and the software isn't 100% compatible with PayPal. It kicks the customer off the payment page after they finish filling out their credit card information. No one knows how to solve this. Though I believe it's the booking service's glitch, it's an ongoing issue. I wish Paypal would take up this complaint with my booking service. I'm happy to provide more info.
- I wish people weren't able to use the credit feature for my business. Mind you I've never had a customer not pay when they use PayPal's credit service, but I didn't set this up as a feature and wouldn't otherwise give my clients this option.
- I can't say exactly what I'd like to see differently but I feel that the reports could be more comprehensive. When I've tried to run reports - sometimes I can't search for specific information - either those dates are available or the specific details aren't available. I was doing research for my business recently and it seems like the range of details you can obtain from reports could be enhanced.
Based on 1 answer
I can't imagine not having it. Dashlane is an integral part of all my computing, across PCs and Apple products. What Dashlane does should be built into every operating system!
Engineer in Information TechnologyHospital & Health Care Company, 1001-5000 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 4 answers
Support for Dashlane is always helpful, but it is unfortunately completely necessary for admins to refer users to Dashlane support as well. Since users need to contact support in order to get a new 2SV token, the support Dashlane offers is definitely adequate. But our admins want to be able to help users with these problems and further shorten the timeline for resolution. Support, given the nature of the product, is also VERY thorough. Several types of identification and verification need to be presented in order to proceed with a request. Though this should not be necessary from a business standpoint.
PayPal Payments 7.3
Based on 8 answers
PayPal's customer service has always been efficient. We've had a couple of questions including how to add different currencies to our site and they've always been answered promptly. I have had no issues with their support overall. The wait times are even reasonable compared to other customer service providers. All in all, they are solid.
Director in OtherNon-profit Organization Management Company, 11-50 employees
I have tried LastPass and PasswordState only to mention a few but for me the winning feature of Dashlane is really it's impeccable user interface, it really is what won me over compare to some of the other password management software that is out there
Employee in Information TechnologyComputer Software Company, 51-200 employees
Return on Investment
- Greater level of security regarding passwords for the company, definitely a huge bonus
- Can be frustrating if you're just trying to quickly log into something and it hasn't stored the correct password or doesn't load for some reason
- Can be a painful setup process if you have to manually remove stored passwords from Chrome/other browsers
Director in Customer ServiceTelecommunications Company, 11-50 employees
- The ROI is instant since the fees are negligible
- The negative impact is getting people who may not trust PayPal to send payment that way
- It's very easy to send and request so I don't need to spend tons of time collecting
Analyst in Information TechnologyChemicals Company, 501-1000 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?