Reviews (1-17 of 17)
Crownpeak delivers for us on core customer marketing principles - European GDPR compliance, and the principle of capturing customer data as part of a transparent value exchange is baked into the platform.
- Due to the headless nature of the platform, publishing is super fast straight to HTML.
- One repository of content capable of feeding different applications across different languages.
- Back end look and feel is a little dated, could do with some updating on interface design.
- Navigating content tree's can be a little long winded with deeper content sites, although it's hard to see a way around this.
We work closely with Crownpeak to scope and define CX driven solutions for our clients, and it's especially useful when we need to be interoperable with other systems and tools in the customer communications and digital business toolkit.
We've used it in B2C commerce situations, in B2B closed environments, and with brands with large volume product inventory management.
- Short turn-around times when delivering projects.
- Built-in Digital Quality tool (DQM) tool allows you to check the quality of content and any accessibility issues and immediately flag any issues before publishing.
- Platform can be slow sometimes.
- Training materials are limited
Due to the Cloud-first decoupled architecture there is an advantage of separating the management of the experience from the delivery of the experience. This allows Crownpeak to deliver any type of content into any technology, located anywhere. Another key benefit is its interoperability – it’s very easily integrated with third-party platforms, making it possible to build a world-class marketing technology stack quickly and efficiently. What’s especially unique about Crownpeak is that there’s no need to rip and replace any of your current systems if you’re still getting business value from them.
- Provide guidelines with SEO related issues on each landing page
- Use it to resolve all the accessibility issues with the website
- User interface could be better to navigate
- Provide some information on the errors to educate the user
- Improve SEO: ensures compliance with best practices and guidelines, some of the main reasons we utilize the platform is for monitoring misspellings, broken image, and broken link detection
- Web Accessibility: fully supports Web Content Guidelines (WCAG).
- The SaaS platform eliminates the headache of upgrades and patches and allows businesses to just focus on the site development and day-to-day management.
- Crownpeak's technical support team is always prompt with answering any question or issue that arises.
- The lack of real-time debugging may contribute to additional development effort at times.
- Although its my understanding that its being addressed, the publishing queue can be slow at times during extremely heavy publishing loads.
- Having all the tools all in one place - you don't need a separate quality tool or asset management tool for instance
- Ease of use is great because even non-technical users can get in and add content after minimal training.
- Personalization and A/B testing built in makes a HUGE difference in how marketers build a site.
- Crownpeak moved to a web browser admin tool in 2018, which has made the admin experience much better, but there are still a couple of features missing from the browser version that won't arrive until later in 2019.
- Integration with 3rd party digital asset management tools would be great.
- Smoother integration with source control would be nice.
It is less appropriate for very small sites or sites where the design is more important than the content. It can be used for small sites but it is overkill for them and there are open-source options to use instead. Similarly, in a site like a portfolio site for a designer, you would have an easier time building exactly what you want outside of a CMS platform.
- Seamless upgrades and enhancements. In true Saas fashion, you don't have to worry about what version your software is on, as you are always on the latest.
- Highly performant. Allows you to create extremely lightweight applications that have no load time and snappy performance.
- The admin UI takes a little getting used to for new users.
- The form inputs are very flexible
- The REST API is generally pretty intuitive
- It feels very top-to-bottom and self-contained, so I don't have to bother with lots of plugins and interop and such
- Navigation within the folder structure feels clunky all-around.
- Local debugging is difficult-to-impossible
- The Visual Studio plugin is buggy
- True documentation for the REST API is sparse
- The ability to search for registrants within a list
- Individualizing event information
- Takes a LONG time to load.
- Can't delete a registrant without them being notified (for example, if someone registers multiple times).
- Can't upload files in special instructions (for example, an event flyer).
- The sales team is phenomenal at making promises.
- The support team is very responsive, at communicates in a timely fashion. Trouble tickets have always been addressed within the SLA.
- Product updates are delivered frequently.
- Initial setup is a nightmare, and pretty much impossible without an expensive professional services engagement or an outside consultant.
- It is difficult to create personalized content, and the module is not particularly robust, at that.
- The user interface is extremely confusing for business users, and time-to-productivity is high.
- Simplistic Content Management - the system is very easy to learn and use.
- Customer Support Team is great - our issues get responses and resolution in a timely manner.
- It's really easy to clone/duplicate assets, which helps with building out new sites or new sections within existing sites.
- I never got to use the desktop application version - which my colleagues love(ed) - but the web browser version, although easy, has some weird glitches. For instance, I have to refresh the browser one-two times per day to get the scroll bar to appear to scroll through long form asset files/content pages.
- It would be nice to have some kind of capability to have new files/PDFs wrapped when you upload them. At the moment, I have to upload a new file, then go manually wrap it before I embed it on a page, which adds an extra step to common tasks I perform.
- Allows non-technical people to update the website with ease.
- Allows updates from anywhere there's an internet connection.
- Fast cloning of template files allows for the fast creation of new websites.
- I think I stumbled on something. When a website is built out, it would be nice to be able freeze the templates, rendering them Read Only.
- There are many, many backend files needed to get links to files and other pages working. It would be nice to streamline that.
- Deployments of dev updates to templates affecting large numbers of URLs.
- Customizable templates.
- Folder architecture is easy and intuitive.
- The drag and drop functionality of components to build templates as a non-designer/developer.
- Personalization functionality - Cannot use for it for A/B testing.
- Moving around from a web page to a quick view of other assets like images is cumbersome.
- It creates amazing pages which can hold a bunch of information and also keeps the customer attracted towards the page despite of so many details.
- It gives a variety of template options which suits best with all types of content
- The best part about Crownpeak is that its very user friendly and non technical person can also use it to keep the website up to date.
- I don't actually know if this is a con but there are different templates we have to manage to create one single page. If we can manage all templates in one particulate form than it will save time and error free as well.
- Website is more smooth if the images used are optimized. Right now I have to optimize all the images before uploading it to database. If the platform has a functionality which can optimize image automatically that will be very helpful.
- Hosting simple article pages and images
- The content creation user experience is very confusing. For instance, there is a "new" menu for creating content but the developers control of that is limited and end users often get lost in a large development template folder looking for the "right" template to use. Other content creation systems like Wordpress are a lot more intuitive.
- The documentation and online forum are particularly lacking. The documentation does not have many examples and the forum is extremely cumbersome and limited. Most of the "help" documentation is sideways Powerpoints. CrownPeak makes up for this with their support email system - they respond very quickly - but it's very hard to look up anything for yourself.
Crownpeak DXM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Crownpeak DXM?
Crownpeak promises to provide enterprise digital marketers and business users the necessary speed, flexibility, and self-service capability to launch new digital experiences themselves. The platform also offers a secure, stable, scalable architecture that ensures peace-of-mind for corporate IT and information security teams.
Crownpeak DXM Integrations
Crownpeak DXM Competitors
Crownpeak DXM Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Crownpeak DXM Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||20%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||80%|
Crownpeak DXM Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Crownpeak DXM Technical Details
|Supported Languages:||All major languages|