Reviews (1-9 of 9)
- Privacy - use of usernames and the ability to hide identifying information such as email addresses from public view.
- Accessibility - the site is fully accessible for people of all abilities, across all devices and platforms.
- Community - The width and breadth of the community product is huge, even 2 years on, there are things we have still yet to try out and Lithium are constantly innovating the product too!
- There is always room for improvement on any product, Lithium actively works with their customer community and encourages ideas. They build many of these into their product roadmaps ongoing.
- Configurability. There are so many tools, features and functions, that you can easily customize your community to meet your industry needs.
- Ease of use. Out of the box both users and admins can easily begin using the Community, but it also offers more technical options, and training for everything.
- The entire Community is built for optimization, tags, labels, the ability to create custom search, titles, text & canonical URLs.
- Overall I am very satisfied, as with any tool there is always room from improvement or change, every company has specific needs, so these are a couple of things that would benefit me.
- Search. The internal search tool works good, but there is room for improvement. Lithium is currently working on enhancements, so I am looking forward to the new changes.
- Surveys. They have a great survey tool, but I would love to see an enhancement that would allow agents/community managers to respond to customer survey responses. This is probably an industry thing, but our customers tend to use the survey tool as a complaint box.
- Has all the features and discussion styles you could need including standard discussions, knowledgebase, reviews, gamification, Ideation.
- Easy to use analytics built in with downloadable reports.
- Great success services to help make sure you get the most out of the features.
- Need to be quicker at reacting to customer suggestions for product improvements.
- Slight lack of focus on the community part of their product range in the last year or so
- Would benefit from a more transparent roadmap with dates!
- Interactive discussion forums
- Ideas exchange for tracking ideas submitted by customers ; implementation by product team
- Customization to our customers needs
- Direct marketing/nurture campaigns leveraging the software is more challenging than it should be.
- Community - it has the robust functionality and all the bells and whistles that customers typically look for
- Out-of-the-box widgets - there are a number of out of the box widgets, such as "Most recent threads" or "Unanswered questions" that can be easily deployed throughout the community. Depending on where you deploy them, e.g., homepage vs. a specific board, these widgets "narrow down" their content based on the context you are in.
- Programmability - well documented APIs that allow you to custom-program functionality
- Not a knock on the product per se - but each product in this space follows a certain philosophy. If customers don't want to learn that philosophy and thus force-feed Lithium to do something it's not designed, it becomes hard to implement and maintenance heavy. Same is true with Jive and Salesforce Communities
- Design adaptation sometimes requires a lot of custom-programming. This is often caused by designers not fully understanding how communities work. On the other hand, esp. on homepages, in order to draw people in, a mix of content is often the best approach. And that requires at least some custom-programming for Lithium's integrators
- Great for reporting on unique visits, views and visitors
- Availability of data by device: Desktop vs. Mobile
- Excellent for reporting and analyzing Community Forum data
- Ability to select date range is not available for all metrics, this makes is difficult and time consuming to report on a specified time period
- Deployment and ease of use have been amazing – day and night vs. Jive. Typically deployment gives you a cringe – absolutely the easiest deployment I’ve ever been a part of.
- Overall layout and design/ flow is a lot easier to manage than Jive. It has a CMS type thing that self-propogates through the entire community. Jive did not automatically propogate.
- Analytics - They have a lot of patented algorithms that help generate key metric indexes. You can compare yourself with other Lithium customers. When you dive in deeper into analytics, Lithium allows you to look deeper into what an individual is doing vs. just a broad view of your community.
- Integration with Salesforce.com
- Content editor for moderators – you need to know HTML for adding custom content. Several editors don’t know HTML and it is hard to get it to look like they want. The WYSIWYG is very limited in the functions that it has. It falls on the site admin to do a lot of the adding of content. The client side works fine – can format posts however they want.
Khoros Communities (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium) Scorecard Summary
About Khoros Communities (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium)
Khoros, formerly Spredfast + Lithium, is a customer engagement platform turning siloed knowledge into enterprise value, and customers into contributors. By connecting consumer insights across all departments, the vendor promises Khoros gives companies the ability to run their business with their customers, anticipating their needs and accelerating sales, loyalty, and innovation. With 2,000+ customers, including 52 of the Interbrand 100, and ten offices globally, Khoros powers approximately 500 million digital interactions every day. From social media to online communities and messaging to digital customer care, Khoros helps companies stay connected to their customers in All-ways.
Khoros Communities are designed to engage customers with peer-created content that inspires trust, fosters advocacy, and reduces customer service costs, says the vendor.
According to the vendor, key benefits include the ability to:
Boost SEO. The vendor says community content can lead to a 48% uplift in organic search traffic.
Reduce care costs through self-service. The vendor says users can deflect up to 20% of calls that would otherwise go to the customer service call center.
Improve conversion rates. The vendor says customers have seen conversion rates double through using the community.
Accelerate innovation, by crowdsourcing ideas from experts and advocates to inform the next generation of products.
Foster customer advocacy and loyalty, and improve customer retention through community engagement.
Khoros Communities (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium) Screenshots
Khoros Communities (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium) Competitors
Pricing is variable based on the needs of the customer.
Khoros Communities (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium) Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||10%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||90%|
Khoros Communities (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium) Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Khoros Communities (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium) Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|