We've also engaged with Strategic services to understand our current …
I just …
Product feedback: not useful, our customers don't want that forum is a commercial space.
It is our main "engine" to rule the communities and its members and to pilot our "Top members programs"
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Khoros Communities, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Khoros Communities enable organizations to host a space where people find answers, develop expertise, share experiences, and build a brand.
The vendor states that Khoros powers over 400 of the world’s most recognized brands, and boasts 20+ years of experience, the most robust feature set, enterprise scale and security, and a dedicated services teams who aim to ensure a brand's community will reduce support costs, delight customers, and grow business.
They state Khoros Communities key benefits are to:
Attract more visitors & build trust
- Be easier to find & provide peer validation by hosting authentic conversations on your digital property. The average Khoros community gets 74% of traffic from public search and converts visitors at a higher rate than static websites.
Accelerate resolution to delight customers while reducing costs
- Create a hub for your customers to connect with experts, learn, and get answers to their questions at any time, in any region. The vendor says users can deflect at least 10% of calls that would otherwise go to the customer service call center.
Innovate faster with constant customer feedback
- Iterate rapidly and uncover new ideas from a dedicated pool of domain experts who are invested in your success.
Deliver expert community management
- Nurture large, engaging communities with the most advanced moderation tools, content management, analytics, and expertise that provide quantifiable business value through customer acquisition, retention, and growth.
- Supported: Forums
- Supported: Ability to verify solutions
- Supported: Ideas
- Supported: Question and Answer
- Supported: Contests
- Supported: Blogs
- Supported: Knowledge Bases
- Supported: Enhanced Moderation Tools
- Supported: Fully Customizable
- Supported: Sophisticated Ranking and Incentivization
- Supported: Native Mobile Support (Responsive UI)
- Supported: Multiple user permission levels
- Supported: Easy to use REST API
- Supported: Spam prevention
- Supported: SSO integration
- Supported: Groups
- Supported: Content Syndication
- Supported: Support for multiple languages
- Supported: Support for multiple instances
- Supported: Rich media support
- Supported: Promoted search results
- Supported: Federated search
- Supported: Historical and Real Time Analytics and Shareable dashboards
- Supported: Notifications and personalization
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||10%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||90%|
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
- Simplicity of sign up.
- Allowance of integration with ad placements.
- Sometimes the platform feels too simplistic to the point it comes across as dated.
- Analytics on the backend could be more granular.
- Team turnaround teams for help are sometimes quite long.
- Granularity of permissions
- Ease of creating new boards / categories templates
- Strong toolbar for formatting text and adding images
- Need a developer to get the most out of your site / customize it
- The support team is not world class (room for improvement in response time & quality of responses)
- You can only add one poll at a time to the entire site
- Conversations starting with a problem or question, ending with a reply that is accepted as a solution
- Taxonomy of categories, subcategories and board, + labels and tags for taxonomy.
- Customization of gamification (rank, badges)
- Product ideas: Insufficient capabilities to filter and select ideas when there are 1000s of ideas that are relevant to a group of product managers
- Can't move topics from a forum to a TKB and vice versa
- Some users and stakeholders would like to use the community as a social network to proactively connect with users of a specific profile/specialty. I find this difficult to accommodate since the platform's main purpose is not about social networking like LinkedIn.
- Easy to configure and manage
- Good analytics
- Fairly easy to design pages with good content
- Good for building forms and capturing data
- Requires Khoros professional services engagement to make small changes to the forms
- Breadth of Capability.
- Security & Configuration.
- Integrations are VERY expensive and services dependant.
- Many customizations require developers or services to deploy.
- Outdated reporting and backend.
- Collaboration with other Khoros customers to understand what works and doesn't work within other communities.
- Support documentation makes it easy to find information when looking for technical resources.
- Our account team is always in communication with us to ensure we are aware of roadmap updates.
- The ability to customize components is tedious and often times difficult without engaging professional services.
- The current platform is very behind on the code base but looking forward to the Aurora upgrade coming so we can utilize better components and easier customizations.
- Permissions are extremely difficult to navigate.
- It increases the knowledge transfer between community developers.
- We can easily find latest release notes by using community search.
- Community admins actively giving answers to our questions.
- Khoros needs to improve developer documentation.
Support in our Business is an additional fee, so having the community to support Trial/Lite users or even more advanced paying users is great for us to have where customers can support other customers with 1 to many.
We also use the Idea Exchange which quickly became one of the most popular areas in the community. The ideas started flowing as soon as it went live and has come with it's own set of problems.
- Their own Community, Atlas, is a good way to learn and interact with other customers and professionals in the industry.
- Their release cadence is pretty consistent with no updates coming out every few months. The release notes are decently filled out with links to more specific documentation.
- The Khoros Communities platform is also very solid. It's their main product offering and has a lot of out-of-the-box features that would allow anyone to easily start up a community quite easily.
- I feel that the professional services engagements need to be better. There is a lot of miscommunication, and a lack of clear outcomes, goals, and timelines. It can take weeks to get meetings on the books and a team assembled to start getting work done.
- Documentation on their website, at times, is outdated or incorrect. Sometimes the product doesn't even work as described in some of their documentation
- The admin console could use a nice fresh UI overhaul. While it's functional, it would be nice to see a more modern UI for the area where most community managers are spending a decent amount of time
Engaging with their professional services area can be tough and projects take much longer than I would normally expect. So you may want to think about 3rd part companies that are good at working with the Khoros Communities platform.
We've also engaged with Strategic services to understand our current ranking system and it turns out, it was created pretty poorly and they offered some very easy solutions to implement so improve on those.
- Easy operations and API calls management
- Ranks and Roles are superbly managed
- Easy to manage the community from Studio and Admin side
- APIs for various things still need to be added like "order by bonus_points" in users' object
- the time range for user bonus_points to find monthly/yearly highest bonus_points achiever
- Front-end to be developed on Reactjs
- Out of the box components.
- Support and moderation.
- Easy to use interface.
- Out of the box gamification is lacking.
- Virus scan for media upload is not available.
- Separate login for Khoros Care and Khoros Communities.
- Handling complexity
- Clunky and dated Back-End UI
- Get the answers for their product-related questions both from other users or from the company employees.
- Easily get the answer for their problems just by using a search engine (instead of contacting support).
- Post their ideas for the product, that are later evaluated by Product Managers.
- Participate in the feedback threads, in which they can comment on product feature.
- Talk directly with people that are creating the product.
- Share their experiences with others, post tips, tricks and best practices socialize with other professionals, participate in challenges, many gamifications options.
- And much more.
- Many settings and customization options.
- Community is easy to use.
- Permission management is pretty vast.
- Moderation is easy and there are many options.
- Better and quicker engine.
- Support is uneven.
- Better communication about upcoming changes.
- Ease of navigation.
- Info presented well.
- Easy to pull stats.
- Can be slow.
- Would be good to have an advanced search for within results.
It can be quite slow and having to export info in Excel can be bothersome so would be nice to be able to work within Lithium.
- Having a nice customer facing layout.
- Good edit options for the backend.
- Nice logs.
- The time to load pages.
- The overall look and feel (might need a facelift).
- Friendly user-level permissions.
- OOTB features.
- Self Studio publish.
- User subscription.
- Access to the OOTB component.
- Preview mode in stage.
- UI is really good.
- Reduced our time in daily report preparation.
- Excellent analytics features.
- Finding the proper Tier3/Tier4 support can be difficult.
- Few APIs are missing.
- Component overview.
- Knowledge Base
- Case Portal
- Custom JS Pages
- User Interface
- Post Reactions
- Navigation Bar
- Easy to use and customizable interface
- Robust API support and easy to integrate with third party platform
- Rich feature set for various interaction for the customers
- Easy to use admin interface and Metric details
- Events integration with MS teams
- V2 API permissions just like V1
- Better access to API Billing metrics...you need to see what APIs are being consumed and if associated with any user.
- Customization of platform
- Product Features
- Customer Support
- API integrations
- Complicated tool if someone is not completely dedicated to maintenance and upkeep
- Not admin-friendly to those who don't understand HTML/CSS
- Better support and services cost extra
- Customer service managers are changed frequently
- The forum system is robust and fully featured.
- Blogging system works well and is constantly being improved.
- There's a lot of analytics available on the back-end!
- Some analytics are missing such as internal link clicks.
- Some of the forum organization can use some work, particularly in huge communities where sub-menus would be helpful.
- Khoros support sometimes takes awhile to fix issues.
- Able to implement new features.
- Continual improvements.
- When trying to migrate communities to Khoros Care, the functionalities of the platforms do not mirror the outputs. Why have two products that aren't connected on the backend?
- Response to resolve issues on cases submitted.
- Lots of limitations, database feels outdated, need for updates to platform.
- Allows me to collect specific data well.
- Very good in data organization.
- It can be slow at times to go from one page to another.
- The organizations of data can make it hard to pick up.
- Large scale communities.
- Fast out-of-the-box community creation.
- Updates from time to time.
- Easy moderation.
- Role management.
- Dev documentation.
- Multiple framework and language support.
- Faster load times on bigger communities.
- Help among members.
- Participation of meet-up with our top members.
- Alerting of our top members on potential crisis concerning our products & services.
- No echat, no functions like WhatsApp group internally.
- No real-time stats.
- Customer Success Managers are phenomenal
- Atlas community is fairly easy to navigate
- I like the goals upper management have.
- ROLES + PERMISSIONS. This has been one of the most difficult items I have to deal with on a DAILY basis. Unfortunately, there are a lot of complexities my company brings to the table. The roles and permissions that we have today do not satisfy our needs. We have to really work around these and sometimes this forces us to reveal certain views to some customers we don't want them to have access to at all. For example - I need to have access to where you can deny access to visibility on some subcategories but grant access to others under a higher category. This is one of the main reasons why I would not recommend Khoros if you have complex product and customer structures like my company.
- The search engine for some reason does not pull up what common sense would think it should pull up. It can be frustrating for some customers and fellow colleagues.