VerticalResponse Reviews

April 02, 2020
Genie Forkner | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

In addition to using Vertical Response personally I also manage email marketing for clients that already use Mailchimp, Robly and Constant Contact. While most of these platforms all offer similar features I choose Vertical Response first if the client does not have a platform in place. Typically I am also teaching the client how to use this tool and the Vertical Response visual interface is very easy for me to teach a client how to navigate and create their own campaigns.
Read Genie Forkner's full review
February 05, 2020
Kimberly Devane | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

This was the first bulk emailing system that I tried. I looked into Constant Contact.
Read Kimberly Devane's full review
February 19, 2020

Alternatives Considered

Vertical Response is most akin to Constant Contact. No frills, agile, easy to use. The one advantage that it has over Constant Contact is that you don't need to be locked into a month-to-month plan, which is what I needed. Salesforce and HubSpot aren't fair comparisons--these solutions are much more robust than their respective email tools, so a side-by-side analysis isn't a fair comparison.
March 08, 2016
Maggie Karl | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Vertical Response was already in use when I joined the organization. It was selected for affordability. In comparison to other email marketing platforms, it was harder to use for an end user, but we were able to hire a developer to create some custom templates, and that worked well.
Read Maggie Karl's full review
November 12, 2015
Nichole Fabbro | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Pardot is a good tool but with the cost you will get a better value from Vertical Response and easier design capabilities. MailChimp is a widely used tool but I found the list segmentation and general template at Vertical Response to be better.
Read Nichole Fabbro's full review
December 07, 2018

Alternatives Considered

I think Vertical Response is a lot more user-friendly than Constant Contact and allows for more features that Constant Contact does not. I like the email WYSIWYG feature better on here and it allows us to preview our emails before we send them out to our entire customer base.
May 19, 2013
Michael Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

ExactTarget, MailChimp. I liked VerticalResponse's integration with Salesforce. We used MailChimp before and it says on their website they have integration with Salesforce, but we were never able to find it on the Force.com website.

For ExactTarget, we used that in the past and it did integrate with Salesforce. Someone else evaluated and selected that. Unfortunately, I can't remember why we didn't go back to ExactTarget. It may have been price. Either way, of the 3 we selected Vertical Response.
Read Michael Wilson's full review
September 04, 2015

Alternatives Considered

I am a true believer in Vertical Response. So much so, that this is the first and only software I have used for this type of marketing. When this program was first launched it was a godsend - truly innovative for its time. And in the years since, I have continued to implement this software at three other winery properties because there is nothing else I want to use.
January 02, 2013

Alternatives Considered

Constant Contact, MailChimp. Vertical Response covered our basic needs - contacts management, newsletter and marketing email activity analysis, templates/wizards, etc. and was free for non-profits up to 10,000 contacts/month.

WYSIWYG email editor (6)
Dynamic content (4)
9.8
Ability to test dynamic content (3)
9.8
Landing pages (3)
A/B testing (4)
Mobile optimization (4)
Email deliverability reporting (14)
9.9
List management (7)
9.9
Triggered drip sequences (2)
Dashboards (8)
Standard reports (8)
9.4
Custom reports (5)
10.0

What is VerticalResponse?

VerticalResponse is a full-service email marketing platform from Deluxe. In addition to providing email marketing tools, VerticalResponse offers fully managed email marketing services from campaign launch and management to reporting and analysis.

Key Features