- Assesses behavior
- Provides tips for navigating relationships
- The interview questions it provides are spot on. The guide is perfect for both the new and experienced managers.
- It takes time to fully understand the relationships of the factors. You need to attend the training to fully understand the effectively utilize the product.
- The Catalyst function is still growing. Having more on demand training will be the most effective way for me to fully utilize the system.
- I need training targeted for hiring managers, not just PI Masters.
Relationship management and choosing participants for cross functional teams.
- The Assessment is easy to administer and easy to complete.
- It gives ideas for questions to ask candidates during an interview.
- I also like the descriptions of the individual Profiles.
- I love the new Management Tools that have been added.
- The People Management Survey was wonderful.
- Some of the Reference Profiles seem very similar. Maybe consolidating could help.
- It seems very well suited to help with the screening/hiring process.
- The Interview Questions are an excellent conversation starter.
- When done and shared organization-wide, it should help with communication.
- I fear pigeon-holing people based on their profiles. People can change and grow.
Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "Predictive Index - a great tool to help maximize results through your people"
- Describes key factors in work behaviors
- Helps people understand others' drives and needs behind their behaviors
- The new site has amazing tools for understanding relationships and team dynamics
- My only complaint is I wish the Factor letters correlated with what they measure like other tools. For non-regular users trying to remember what A, B, C or D stand for can be an issue with discussing the tool.
- Clues you in to what you should expect from an employee
- Gives you a road map for how to work with a person.
- Let's you see who you're talking to, not who they're trying to project
- The time it takes to really learn how to read the report is extensive
- There is no casual use of the PI. You need to commit to it.
Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "Predictive Index-Great for recruiting and development"
- The capability to accurately define a person's strengths and needs
- Customer support. I have found them to always be quick to respond and helpful.
- Constant updates/upgrades to the system
- Adding PDF capabilities in their beta program (in process)
- User-friendly product with amazing features that they are constantly updating and improving
- Amazing tool to help manage our teams, coach our managers, maximize performance and managerial effectiveness, and hire new employees
- I don't really have any complaints about PI, but if I had to pick something, I'd say add more resources on the behavioral charts for people who haven't been through training to interpret it
- Helps managers better meet the needs of their employees
- Assists in identifying good matches to open positions
- Provides guides to employees on personal growth
- Easier ways to download the information
- More ways to group employees company wide
- Clear explanation of results and what they mean
- Visual representation of results
- Easy to use program
- Not sure that it's technically a PI Behavioral Assessment issue, but my company has recently integrated PI with our ATS Clear Company. It doesn't always integrate, but that may be on their end.
- The PI software does a fantastic job describing a person. It is actually exciting to get results.
- You are able to coach and train employees in their current positions because the PI software helps you see where employees need to grow.
- You are able to set a job pattern PI so that you can match candidates to the job pattern. This is very useful when you have a lot of applicants for a specific job.
- The only thing that needs working on is the beta site. That's why it's in beta, though. Some of the functions aren't working properly yet, but they will be and I am very excited for that.
Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "PI Transformed My Time Management Evaluating Candidates"
We started this with our Sales department, however; it has migrated to include the entire company. We have learned, and are still learning, how different each role is and therefore, what is required from individuals within given specialty areas. Our long-term goal is to also strengthen our existing management staff and their teams with the insights PI provides. We are very excited to be using PI.
- Do you know what drives each individual in your company? The PI Behavioral Assessment provides this insight with details that are profoundly accurate and open up a very candid and genuine conversation for both the employer and the employee/candidate.
- Do you know where their strengths are? The PI Behavioral Assessment will show you; for those employees/candidates that find it hard to express themselves, this is a true benefit.
- Do you know whether they are truly fulfilled in their role? The PI Behavioral Assessment facilitates open and candid communications; as you enter into a conversation about what the employee/candidate "truly" wants to be doing, positive decisions can be made that generate improvements the entire company experiences.
- In Beta -> Hire -> New Candidates - > I would like to see the ability to create 1 or 2 additional "Type" folders that can be customized for my company. By being able to do this, I can more efficiently manage my potential candidates, rather that every time I go to review a position, having to make these individual selections each time. I would like the favorite icon and the pass icon to remain; however find it extraneous to have to sort through these candidates each time.
- Behavior profile - speaks to how they will tend to act.
- Factor combinations describe how strongly they will be in critical areas like decision making, risk taking and people versus task orientation.
- Create pros to capture ideal candidates based on best-performing people.
- Showing what drives an individual
- Explaining the needs and behaviors of an individual
- Helping with the selection of candidates and development of current employees
- The transition from the old analytical patterns to the new patterns is a bit confusing
- Spot on assessment with a well written, positively framed debrief/report
- Development tool outlining strengths, cautions and self coaching based on PI pattern to foster self awareness and focused development
- Tremendous resources within the Catalyst site for users and administrators - this has been an outstanding addition for PI
- PRO patterns to be able to gauge applicant fit to a role
- Recent improvements and content available via Catalyst has addressed the majority of what I would've previously said was "missing."
- Better partnership and resources offered from the partners that "sell" PI services. Our local partnership is non-existent and we are continually under impressed with them.
- Giving managers an important tool that tells them how they can best interact with a given employee of theirs, manage them, and take care of their needs
- Helps employees across the workplace communicate well with one another
- Ensures that you are hiring people who are the right fit for a role and will thrive in that role because it matches the things that they enjoy doing and they are well-suited to do
- Provides coaching opportunities if an employee is not doing well in a role (using the self-concept graph)
- Making the website a bit more user-friendly, less bugs, a better experience overall
- The assessments are very accurate. One thing everyone who has taken the assessment has said is "this is me" once they read their reports.
- Being an international organization, allowing the employees to take the assessment in their "native" language helps with the accuracy of the assessment. A lot of meaning gets lost in translation when you are only given the assessment in English and you are not a English-speaking employee.
- The tools available to help employees and hiring the right candidates are very user friendly and easy to implement.
- I really have nothing at this point that I feel needs to be improved.
- Many similar tools are long-winded at the assessee level, and PI is outstanding in that the assessee feels it is easy to participate, and it feels less like a "test" than many others. That is a significant benefit at the recruiting end.
- The PI Tool allows the assessee and the assessor to have a productive discussion about personality traits - and the added benefit of handing over a description afterwards, which helps the assessee take on board all that was talked about - also, where their personality might not be the perfect fit for the organization or the job.
- From an organizational perspective, the tool helps the organization discuss diversity and build a team that is complementary - and avoid the "hiring in your own image" [pitfall]. Managers are able to understand the implications of having a team with high A's or low A's - and is much more willing to discuss team constellations with the insights from PI.
- I find it particularly complex to find the set of clicks that leads to job profile comparison. Considering the importance of the tool, it should have a more prominent position on the tabs.
- I would really like to see the PI and LI be better Integrated - example: you should have a choice of displaying the LI score with the personality report.
- For organizational use - it would be extremely helpful if there was a method by which you could display a miniature picture of the pattern, which could be downloaded somehow. The reporting ability could be further build out.
- Allow data from the system to be extracted to Excel.
- Accurate depiction of the way a person is likely to behave in the workplace.
- Easy to use and intuitive for the candidates to complete.
- Better understanding of what type of candidate we are looking for in a particular role.
- The member website is probably in need of overhaul - searching for candidates etc., uses a dated screen and search tool. I think this is being addressed and doesn't stop us getting solid results.
- Some of the materials appear to be a bit dated - although new materials seem to be coming online all the time.
- Video tutorials are helpful but don't always appear that polished.
- The PI results help us become more self aware. This helps us adjust our paradigms and allows us to communicate better with our peers and those around us.
- The PI results allow us to be transparent with one another about who we are, how we communicate, and what gives us energy. This allows us work together more effectively within our teams and improve communication company wide.
- The PI results allow us to help with development opportunities which assist with employee engagement. The results assist us with helping the employee be in a position which, given their natural motivations, allows them to succeed in their role and helps alignment within the company.
- PI could me more user friendly when it comes to the website. It's not hard to use but it's a bit slow to operate at times...as though there's too much data weighing it down.
- I would like for the PI software to be able to print multiple Placards at the same time so you don't have to take screen shots and paste them into a Word document.
Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "PI Behavioral Assessment throughout our organization"
- PI has great validity which makes using it in areas like hiring and promotion make it very important and a well-respected tool that most people have difficulty arguing with.
- The ease of use on PI product is amazing. Offering both paper and online assessment tools allows for test-takers of all types to have the opportunity to perform this assessment without undue advantage or bias.
- PI is a great tool for uncovering not only what a person's strengths are in the workplace, but also where they will struggle and how best to support them in their roles. Its an all-around great tool for professional development in your staff.
- Because of the type of assessment this is, PI does require specific training in order to be qualified to read the results. This can be expensive and cumbersome for some persons/companies.
Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "Ever wish you had a crystal ball that allowed you to get an answer to the age old question, "Why do people act that way?" Well, look no further, the PI Assessment is your answer!"
- The assessment is simple and easy to take. From the perspective of potential candidates, we wanted to offer them something that wouldn't take them 30 minutes or more to complete. Searching for a job is time-consuming and taxing enough, we don't want to burden people any more than necessary.
- The data that the PI Behavioral Assessment provides is the most accurate of all the various assessments that we experimented with. The hardest thing to gauge during the interview process is culture fit. The PI gives us an advantage that no other assessment offers; a look into the crystal ball of the all illusive question of culture and job fit.
- For management training and employee relations issues, the data from the PI Assessment is invaluable. Imagine that you are trying to hang a picture on the wall by using a sponge to drive the nail in. You can try all day and even question your handy-man abilities, but the bottom line is...you need a hammer. The PI Assessment is the exact tool you need to take your management training and employee relations issues to the next level and drive home results.
- The PI Behavioral Assessment has been around for a long time. However, there is a lack of connection within the local community of companies that also use the PI with whom we can network and share ideas and practices. Annual retreats in our specific area or social media sites specific for our regions would be a great addition.
- It can be cost prohibitive when your industry takes a downturn.
- There is not a way for our company to tie the assessment invitation directly into our Applicant Tracking System. This creates a very manual process of sending assessments whenever we have a job opening.
- Which traits will show more dominantly.
- The breakdown in the behavioral report is helpful to people who are not certified practitioners.
- Helps us predict an employee's potential and desires to advance.
- Easier integration of PROS
- Easier to navigate home screen
- A way to clear the home screen of test takers that have already completed the assessment
Less appropriate: It's never not appropriate! Any time there is a hiring decision that needs to be made, the PI should be used.
We have been using PI as a whole organization, for all departments, and for 4 years now at my company. PI has helped us place ensure we are hiring the right people for a job, and we've had a lot of proven success with this. It's also great to understand employees' motivating needs, to ensure they are happy in the workplace which will then increase productivity.
PI has recently implemented new software which has streamlined some things, and I do know they are working on another new site as well, so they are "keeping up with the times" and continuously improving.
It's well suited in recruitment, and retention. We give the assessment to all qualified applicants for each position. We also use the PI profiles when creating new jobs in our org.
Scenarios where it would be less appropriate would be disciplinary involvement with the PI, as it's supposed to positively display a person's natural behaviors.
Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment
Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Screenshots
Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Competitors
Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Technical Details