https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/w1/AV/U6L37JUPTNA2.JPEGGreat Insights!We purchased the Predictive Index primarily to assist us in recruiting a sales team. I have found the product to be very insightful. As a new member of management at CVR it has given me invaluable insight to my colleagues, and assisted me immediately in giving effective coaching feedback. I have been able to analyze team behaviors and group dynamics using the insprire module. I was floored by how accurate the Predictive Index is in assessing behaviors of myself and my colleagues. Everyone who has taken it within our company is equally impressed. I am excited to use it to assess and hire the best candidates for sales.,Assesses behavior Provides tips for navigating relationships The interview questions it provides are spot on. The guide is perfect for both the new and experienced managers.,It takes time to fully understand the relationships of the factors. You need to attend the training to fully understand the effectively utilize the product. The Catalyst function is still growing. Having more on demand training will be the most effective way for me to fully utilize the system. I need training targeted for hiring managers, not just PI Masters.,10,It has helped us make more effective hiring decisions.New to PI and I LOVE it!Currently we are using PI Behavioral Assessment for screening new hires. The Assessment gives us a good starting point for reviewing candidates as well as questions to ask during the interview process. We will be introducing it to our current team in October. We hope that the Assessment will enable us to improve communications within and between departments.,The Assessment is easy to administer and easy to complete. It gives ideas for questions to ask candidates during an interview. I also like the descriptions of the individual Profiles. I love the new Management Tools that have been added. The People Management Survey was wonderful.,Some of the Reference Profiles seem very similar. Maybe consolidating could help.,8,With new hiring, it should help make better hiring decisions which will reduce turnover and save costs. Once it is fully implemented, it should help with Communication. It should save money, again, on turnover costs. If people are communicating better, there should be as many misunderstandings which could cause workplace drama and hurt feelings which could (and has) cost people to leave their jobs.,,Kronos Workforce Ready,Employee SurveysPredictive Index - a great tool to help maximize results through your peopleOur company has used the Predictive Index primarily as part of the selection process for over 20 years. However, when I joined I realized it was an underutilized tool. We didn't share it employees once they came on board and managers really weren't using it either to work with their employees. I have since expanded the use with teams to help team members learn more about one another and their styles and to improve team effectiveness.,Describes key factors in work behaviors Helps people understand others' drives and needs behind their behaviors The new site has amazing tools for understanding relationships and team dynamics,My only complaint is I wish the Factor letters correlated with what they measure like other tools. For non-regular users trying to remember what A, B, C or D stand for can be an issue with discussing the tool.,10,When used correctly, our managers make better hiring decisions and put people in the right roles. This reduces turnover and increases employee engagement. When used for team dynamics, we have seen reduced conflict and more effective teamwork.,Hire the correct peoplePredictive Index is part of our culture. No candidate will be hired unless we see what we're looking for in their report? It is invaluable in both hiring, and then managing our workforce effectively. Every employee is approached with their PI in mind.,Clues you in to what you should expect from an employee Gives you a road map for how to work with a person. Let's you see who you're talking to, not who they're trying to project,The time it takes to really learn how to read the report is extensive There is no casual use of the PI. You need to commit to it.,10,Putting the right people in the right position is great for employee satisfaction and retention Our customers respond favorably to having people that they're comfortable with,,Hireology, Dealer.com,Employee SurveysPredictive Index-Great for recruiting and developmentOur organization uses the Predictive Index Assessment as a communication tool as well as a recruiting tool. The entire organization uses the PI, however, we see most benefit in our leadership teams.,The capability to accurately define a person's strengths and needs Customer support. I have found them to always be quick to respond and helpful. Constant updates/upgrades to the system,Adding PDF capabilities in their beta program (in process),8,Increased retention Support of manager development classes,Employee Surveys
Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment
Filter 54 vetted Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment reviews and ratings
Wendy Walker, SPHR profile photo
October 22, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "Great Insights!"

• Assesses behavior
  • Provides tips for navigating relationships
  • The interview questions it provides are spot on. The guide is perfect for both the new and experienced managers.
  • It takes time to fully understand the relationships of the factors. You need to attend the training to fully understand the effectively utilize the product.
  • The Catalyst function is still growing. Having more on demand training will be the most effective way for me to fully utilize the system.
  • I need training targeted for hiring managers, not just PI Masters.
Hiring, particularly for executive and sales positions.
Relationship management and choosing participants for cross functional teams.
Read Wendy Walker, SPHR's full review
Wendy Knox profile photo
September 07, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "New to PI and I LOVE it!"

• The Assessment is easy to administer and easy to complete.
  • It gives ideas for questions to ask candidates during an interview.
  • I also like the descriptions of the individual Profiles.
  • I love the new Management Tools that have been added.
  • The People Management Survey was wonderful.
  • Some of the Reference Profiles seem very similar. Maybe consolidating could help.
  • It seems very well suited to help with the screening/hiring process.
  • The Interview Questions are an excellent conversation starter.
  • When done and shared organization-wide, it should help with communication.
  • I fear pigeon-holing people based on their profiles. People can change and grow.
Read Wendy Knox's full review
Tracey Draper, SPHR profile photo
September 07, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "Predictive Index - a great tool to help maximize results through your people"

• Describes key factors in work behaviors
  • Helps people understand others' drives and needs behind their behaviors
  • The new site has amazing tools for understanding relationships and team dynamics
  • My only complaint is I wish the Factor letters correlated with what they measure like other tools. For non-regular users trying to remember what A, B, C or D stand for can be an issue with discussing the tool.
Selection/Hiring; Individual development and coaching; mediating conflicts, and understanding team dynamics particularly around communication, risk-taking and decision-making.
Read Tracey Draper, SPHR's full review
Robert Lyons profile photo
September 06, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "Hire the correct people"

• Clues you in to what you should expect from an employee
  • Gives you a road map for how to work with a person.
  • Let's you see who you're talking to, not who they're trying to project
  • The time it takes to really learn how to read the report is extensive
  • There is no casual use of the PI. You need to commit to it.
This is a great tool for identifying talent to help your team. If I need someone with a specific personality to fill a gap in my team, it can narrow it down to who I want. Too often a sales team is stacked with only one type of person. Clients don't respond to that. We need different types of people to meet our customers where they're comfortable
Read Robert Lyons's full review
Shaun Rohrich, PRC, CSSR profile photo
July 06, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "Predictive Index-Great for recruiting and development"

• The capability to accurately define a person's strengths and needs
  • Customer support. I have found them to always be quick to respond and helpful.
  • Constant updates/upgrades to the system
  • Adding PDF capabilities in their beta program (in process)
I recommend PI for defining the desired characteristics in a requisition. From there you can use this tool to match talent to your open positions and make an informed hiring decision. PI will even help produce some helpful interview questions that are targeted at each applicant's gaps.
Read Shaun Rohrich, PRC, CSSR's full review
July 13, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "Amazing tool"

The PI has been incredibly useful for our organization. It has allowed us to not only evaluate candidates but also to increase the effectiveness of managers within our organization. There are incredibly useful tools and there is a misconception that it's only used for hiring. The tools can be used for everything from hiring, managing, evaluating, succession planning, performance reviews, and so on.
  • User-friendly product with amazing features that they are constantly updating and improving
  • Amazing tool to help manage our teams, coach our managers, maximize performance and managerial effectiveness, and hire new employees
  • I don't really have any complaints about PI, but if I had to pick something, I'd say add more resources on the behavioral charts for people who haven't been through training to interpret it
It is excellent for hiring, managing employees (finding out how to manage each person and tailoring your management style appropriately), succession planning, performance reviews, coaching employees, and I could continue to go on. It has amazing features which allow you to really understand the people that work for your company.
August 28, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment: "PI Review"

PI is being used company wide to help co-workers understand each other better.
  • Helps managers better meet the needs of their employees
  • Assists in identifying good matches to open positions
  • Provides guides to employees on personal growth
  • Easier ways to download the information
  • More ways to group employees company wide
It is best suited for companies whose employees work collaboratively and in close proximity. They need to have the time and be willing to make the commitment of training their employees on PI and implementing the system. It is about a year long process and requires a strong group driving the implementation.
Danielle Dominick profile photo
May 18, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "PI for candidate use"

PI Behavioral Assessment is utilized once we identify an applicant that we'd like to move forward with. It's used as one of our first steps to see if the applicant would be a good fit for our culture, as well as for the position/department they are applying for. Everyone gets their PI placard on their first day with an overview of how to read their results. We also offer a learning and development workshop a few times a year to really dive into what results mean.
  • Clear explanation of results and what they mean
  • Visual representation of results
  • Easy to use program
  • Not sure that it's technically a PI Behavioral Assessment issue, but my company has recently integrated PI with our ATS Clear Company. It doesn't always integrate, but that may be on their end.
It's scary to start a new company, but once you have a better idea of how to interact with other, it takes some of that uneasiness away.
Read Danielle Dominick's full review
Zachary Shannon profile photo
May 08, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment: "PI Behavioral Assessment Software Review"

The PI software is used by the HR department to assess candidates for job openings. We have also used it to evaluate employees to help guide and coach them in their current position. The PI software very accurately describes people, their strengths, and their weaknesses. It allows you to get a strong insight on somebody so that you can gear each interview so that you can ask specific questions to get answers on strengths and weaknesses.
  • The PI software does a fantastic job describing a person. It is actually exciting to get results.
  • You are able to coach and train employees in their current positions because the PI software helps you see where employees need to grow.
  • You are able to set a job pattern PI so that you can match candidates to the job pattern. This is very useful when you have a lot of applicants for a specific job.
  • The only thing that needs working on is the beta site. That's why it's in beta, though. Some of the functions aren't working properly yet, but they will be and I am very excited for that.
The PI should be used to assess any candidate for any organization. I really believe that the software is that helpful. It's like having a mind reader / person analyzer that can tell you everything you need to know about somebody. Some candidates enjoy seeing their PI results and receive a lot of enjoyment from seeing how accurate it is.
Read Zachary Shannon's full review
Leslie Bradford profile photo
March 09, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "PI Transformed My Time Management Evaluating Candidates"

PI Behavioral Assessments started out as a recruiting tool. We chose PI because it offers a refreshing transparency providing insights otherwise not seen. This supports our long-term investment strategy of bringing in new employees that match the roles we have available. How? We are able to evaluate and more precisely match employee capabilities on the front-end by creating intelligent job descriptions that are reflected through our Job Assessment parameters. Our underlying goal is to create and support the most important ingredient in our company. Our employees! They are our most valuable asset. By understanding the dynamics within each individual and bringing out those strengths, they truly look forward to their contributions in their professional role each day. In other words, they look forward to coming to work!

We started this with our Sales department, however; it has migrated to include the entire company. We have learned, and are still learning, how different each role is and therefore, what is required from individuals within given specialty areas. Our long-term goal is to also strengthen our existing management staff and their teams with the insights PI provides. We are very excited to be using PI.
  • Do you know what drives each individual in your company? The PI Behavioral Assessment provides this insight with details that are profoundly accurate and open up a very candid and genuine conversation for both the employer and the employee/candidate.
  • Do you know where their strengths are? The PI Behavioral Assessment will show you; for those employees/candidates that find it hard to express themselves, this is a true benefit.
  • Do you know whether they are truly fulfilled in their role? The PI Behavioral Assessment facilitates open and candid communications; as you enter into a conversation about what the employee/candidate "truly" wants to be doing, positive decisions can be made that generate improvements the entire company experiences.
  • In Beta -> Hire -> New Candidates - > I would like to see the ability to create 1 or 2 additional "Type" folders that can be customized for my company. By being able to do this, I can more efficiently manage my potential candidates, rather that every time I go to review a position, having to make these individual selections each time. I would like the favorite icon and the pass icon to remain; however find it extraneous to have to sort through these candidates each time.
Well suited for: Recruiting - helping to better match job specifications with new employees. Team Building - helping to better strengthen the team dynamics by better understanding the group as individuals.
Read Leslie Bradford's full review
Carrie Krott, SHRM-CP profile photo
June 05, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "How I Use PI"

The PI is used in the interview process at Benco - this is where our candidates/associates first see the assessment. It is then discussed in great detail in our New Hire Orientation program, where we give our new associates a good understanding of the assessment, why we use it and why it is important to our organization. The PI is something that we have ingrained in our culture.
  • I really love the PI placards - we give them to new associates during their new hire orientation. Our associates display them on their desks/in their cubicles.
  • I do not have anything to add here
I think the PI is well-suited for managers to assess their new associates - this can help a manager work best with their new associate and provide them with the work environment to be happy, comfortable and excel.
Read Carrie Krott, SHRM-CP's full review
Mike Hobby profile photo
February 21, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "PI is a great tool for employee development"

I use PI Behavioral Assesment to help us coach employees and leaders. We are working on creating models for roles so that we can use it to help with employment decisions. Right now the big push is for leadership development. I use PI to help my leaders increase their emotional intelligence by understanding how they will behave in different situations.
  • Behavior profile - speaks to how they will tend to act.
  • Factor combinations describe how strongly they will be in critical areas like decision making, risk taking and people versus task orientation.
  • Create pros to capture ideal candidates based on best-performing people.
  • None
It's a great tool for leadership and staff development. One of the few tools that is legally defensible for hiring.
Read Mike Hobby's full review
Amanda Koehn, SHRM-SCP profile photo
June 05, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "PI is Fantastic!"

At Gateway Plastics, Inc. we use PI in the Human Resources department as part of the hiring process. It shows us what type of behaviors the candidate innately has, so we can predict how they may or may not like the position/environment the candidate will work in.
  • Showing what drives an individual
  • Explaining the needs and behaviors of an individual
  • Helping with the selection of candidates and development of current employees
  • The transition from the old analytical patterns to the new patterns is a bit confusing
It is very well suited for recruitment and also the development of employees. I can't think of a situation where it would be less appropriate to use.
Read Amanda Koehn, SHRM-SCP's full review
Jordan Klint profile photo
January 17, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "Learn it and love it"

PI Behavior Assessment is used in all our departments. While we do use it in development and conflict resolution, its primary role is in the hiring process. We had a high turnover rate a few years back and started to look into some of the reasons and thought that “bad” hires was one of the biggest reasons.
  • PI provides data to help understand each candidate.
  • Can tailor results for each new position.
  • Quick and simple testing.
  • None at this time.
Helps you understand a candidate more than what appears on a resume.
Read Jordan Klint's full review
January 17, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "Incredibly Impactful Tool"

We use PI across the entire life cycle of an employee. We ID a PRO for new and existing positions we're hiring for and administer PI early in our recruitment process to evaluate fit of an individual to the role. For applicants that we interview in person, we debrief them on their PI so they have a better understanding of themselves and the demands of the role that align or may be more of a stretch for them. All new hires have access to their PI Report, Quick View and PI Development tools within our Talent Management system for easy reference and development discussions with their manager. I facilitate team PI sessions utilizing the many tools available via the PI Catalyst site to foster better working relationships between a manager and employee, collegue to colleague, and entire teams.
  • Spot on assessment with a well written, positively framed debrief/report
  • Development tool outlining strengths, cautions and self coaching based on PI pattern to foster self awareness and focused development
  • Tremendous resources within the Catalyst site for users and administrators - this has been an outstanding addition for PI
  • PRO patterns to be able to gauge applicant fit to a role
  • Recent improvements and content available via Catalyst has addressed the majority of what I would've previously said was "missing."
  • Better partnership and resources offered from the partners that "sell" PI services. Our local partnership is non-existent and we are continually under impressed with them.
Well suited as a decision point for hiring, well suited for development, team dynamics and 1:1 work with individuals that need to improve their working relationship.
January 24, 2018

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "The PI is great!"

PI is being used because we consult using PI with other organizations, and we are a licensee that gives access to other companies to PI. In addition, of course, we use PI within our own firm for hiring and coaching.
  • Giving managers an important tool that tells them how they can best interact with a given employee of theirs, manage them, and take care of their needs
  • Helps employees across the workplace communicate well with one another
  • Ensures that you are hiring people who are the right fit for a role and will thrive in that role because it matches the things that they enjoy doing and they are well-suited to do
  • Provides coaching opportunities if an employee is not doing well in a role (using the self-concept graph)
  • Making the website a bit more user-friendly, less bugs, a better experience overall
PI is really well-suited for hiring, selection, attraction, retention, and executive development. Any people-related issues a company faces, it does well in!
Paula Thorn profile photo
October 23, 2017

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "PI Behavioral Assessment - Recommend!"

We have implemented the PI Behavioral Assessment among all of our supervisory staff and our administrative support staff. We also include the senior leader of our Germany and France operations. We are hoping to understand each other and how to communicate better with each other. Eventually, we will include the entire organization and use it for team communication and recruitment.
  • The assessments are very accurate. One thing everyone who has taken the assessment has said is "this is me" once they read their reports.
  • Being an international organization, allowing the employees to take the assessment in their "native" language helps with the accuracy of the assessment. A lot of meaning gets lost in translation when you are only given the assessment in English and you are not a English-speaking employee.
  • The tools available to help employees and hiring the right candidates are very user friendly and easy to implement.
  • I really have nothing at this point that I feel needs to be improved.
It is a plus to have these assessments when you are experiencing growth and need to make sure you understand how to communicate with your teams. It is also helps to determine the right candidate to fit with a current team without rocking the boat.
Read Paula Thorn's full review
Kirsten Marie Jensen profile photo
September 13, 2017

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "A happy PI user for 35 years -"

We use PI across the global organization for all job types except blue collar workers in our warehouses. We use it in recruitment, in promotion/transfer discussions and as part of our leadership development program. At the time of introduction we had more than 60 managers certified in the tool, so that we could quickly get a common understanding and common language about the PI tool, and how to use it ethically and effectively.
  • Many similar tools are long-winded at the assessee level, and PI is outstanding in that the assessee feels it is easy to participate, and it feels less like a "test" than many others. That is a significant benefit at the recruiting end.
  • The PI Tool allows the assessee and the assessor to have a productive discussion about personality traits - and the added benefit of handing over a description afterwards, which helps the assessee take on board all that was talked about - also, where their personality might not be the perfect fit for the organization or the job.
  • From an organizational perspective, the tool helps the organization discuss diversity and build a team that is complementary - and avoid the "hiring in your own image" [pitfall]. Managers are able to understand the implications of having a team with high A's or low A's - and is much more willing to discuss team constellations with the insights from PI.
  • I find it particularly complex to find the set of clicks that leads to job profile comparison. Considering the importance of the tool, it should have a more prominent position on the tabs.
  • I would really like to see the PI and LI be better Integrated - example: you should have a choice of displaying the LI score with the personality report.
  • For organizational use - it would be extremely helpful if there was a method by which you could display a miniature picture of the pattern, which could be downloaded somehow. The reporting ability could be further build out.
  • Allow data from the system to be extracted to Excel.
PI is exceptionally suited to discuss teams, for use in recruitment situations and to guide team interactions. I would not use it in any shape or form to guide young people's careers.
Read Kirsten Marie Jensen's full review
Stephen Dossett profile photo
December 08, 2017

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "Simple, effective and smart!"

We use the Predictive Index and Predictive Learning indicator at Qlik in the hiring process and to help us be better managers of sales teams. For hiring it enables us to have an extra dimension to consider when going through the hiring process. We have a good idea of the types of profiles that are likely to be successful in particular roles, so we are able to make a much more informed decision. With existing team members we are able to coach and communicate more effectively through the understanding we get through PI!
  • Accurate depiction of the way a person is likely to behave in the workplace.
  • Easy to use and intuitive for the candidates to complete.
  • Better understanding of what type of candidate we are looking for in a particular role.
  • The member website is probably in need of overhaul - searching for candidates etc., uses a dated screen and search tool. I think this is being addressed and doesn't stop us getting solid results.
  • Some of the materials appear to be a bit dated - although new materials seem to be coming online all the time.
  • Video tutorials are helpful but don't always appear that polished.
Great for hiring new team members, understanding your organisation better, creating a coaching culture with managers, and providing insights to individuals and teams.
Read Stephen Dossett's full review
Molly Mason profile photo
November 09, 2017

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "PI: An eye-opening tool!"

Our entire organization is using PI in many ways. We use it to improve communication among teams by providing managers with their teams' PI results and coaching tips, it helps bring self awareness to who we are and what motivates us to better align our strengths to our roles, and we use it in the hiring process to help us pair a job position with what natural needs/motivations a candidate may possess.
  • The PI results help us become more self aware. This helps us adjust our paradigms and allows us to communicate better with our peers and those around us.
  • The PI results allow us to be transparent with one another about who we are, how we communicate, and what gives us energy. This allows us work together more effectively within our teams and improve communication company wide.
  • The PI results allow us to help with development opportunities which assist with employee engagement. The results assist us with helping the employee be in a position which, given their natural motivations, allows them to succeed in their role and helps alignment within the company.
  • PI could me more user friendly when it comes to the website. It's not hard to use but it's a bit slow to operate at times...as though there's too much data weighing it down.
  • I would like for the PI software to be able to print multiple Placards at the same time so you don't have to take screen shots and paste them into a Word document.
The assessment results are well suited with managers and incorporated into their leadership training. Being able to discuss helpful coaching tips about their teams' results allows them to host more effective team discussions. It has also been effectively presented to entire departments or teams. Being transparent about their results, seeing the excitement of how different each other is, really gets the group talking and anxious to learn more about one another.
Read Molly Mason's full review
Madison Sanchez profile photo
October 30, 2017

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "PI Behavioral Assessment throughout our organization"

We use PI Behavioral Assessment throughout our entire organization. This tool has helped us tremendously. We use PI behavioral assessment within our hiring and recruiting team, with our learning and development team, and our coordinator to ensure that the whole company is using PI. We use this tool to hire and keep the right people. For example we use the assessment to ensure that the potential candidate can thrive in this role. Once we’ve hired, we give read backs of their results during their onboarding process. Next, we sit with the new employee and their manager and use the PI scorecards to teach how each person likes to be worked with. We also do readbacks where we go over the results of a team as a team building exercise so that they learn to work with each others similarities and differences. We have used the behavioral assessment and so many other tools through PI. It has been incredibly worth every penny.
  • Helps in hiring strategies
  • Helps in team building efforts
  • Helps in personal development
  • Our PI site runs very slow
  • Giving a manager access to look at their team’s PI results
I find PI is best supported after the hiring process is completed.
Read Madison Sanchez's full review
Karen Flores profile photo
October 30, 2017

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "Recruiting and Succession Friendly"

I use PI for various facets throughout our company. We use it externally when bringing in a candidate for hiring consideration. We actually use PI as a screening tool for all of our positions. We also use PI to assist in managing current employees as well as for succession and career planning.
  • PI has great validity which makes using it in areas like hiring and promotion make it very important and a well-respected tool that most people have difficulty arguing with.
  • The ease of use on PI product is amazing. Offering both paper and online assessment tools allows for test-takers of all types to have the opportunity to perform this assessment without undue advantage or bias.
  • PI is a great tool for uncovering not only what a person's strengths are in the workplace, but also where they will struggle and how best to support them in their roles. Its an all-around great tool for professional development in your staff.
  • Because of the type of assessment this is, PI does require specific training in order to be qualified to read the results. This can be expensive and cumbersome for some persons/companies.
Great tool for hiring, career progression, and succession planning! This does NOT measure intelligence, or whether they are a 'good citizen', or even if they are of sound mind and body---but it does show you behavioral needs that can help you to build high-performing teams.
Read Karen Flores's full review
Carol Warhurst profile photo
June 27, 2017

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "Ever wish you had a crystal ball that allowed you to get an answer to the age old question, "Why do people act that way?" Well, look no further, the PI Assessment is your answer!"

When my organization first adopted the use of PI Behavioral Assessment, it was for the main purpose of providing a new data set to analyze during the recruitment process. However, it quickly became apparent that there were many other uses for the PI. Within the first year, we built a Team Building & Conflict Resolution Training that used the PI as an informative, fact-based awareness tool to help our teams better understand each other and themselves. We completed PI read backs for all our current staff and recently we have begun conducting PI read backs with each new hire during their orientation on day one. We also review their manager's PI and those of their team members so they have a better understanding of the driving needs and behaviors they can expect from day one.
  • The assessment is simple and easy to take. From the perspective of potential candidates, we wanted to offer them something that wouldn't take them 30 minutes or more to complete. Searching for a job is time-consuming and taxing enough, we don't want to burden people any more than necessary.
  • The data that the PI Behavioral Assessment provides is the most accurate of all the various assessments that we experimented with. The hardest thing to gauge during the interview process is culture fit. The PI gives us an advantage that no other assessment offers; a look into the crystal ball of the all illusive question of culture and job fit.
  • For management training and employee relations issues, the data from the PI Assessment is invaluable. Imagine that you are trying to hang a picture on the wall by using a sponge to drive the nail in. You can try all day and even question your handy-man abilities, but the bottom line is...you need a hammer. The PI Assessment is the exact tool you need to take your management training and employee relations issues to the next level and drive home results.
  • The PI Behavioral Assessment has been around for a long time. However, there is a lack of connection within the local community of companies that also use the PI with whom we can network and share ideas and practices. Annual retreats in our specific area or social media sites specific for our regions would be a great addition.
  • It can be cost prohibitive when your industry takes a downturn.
  • There is not a way for our company to tie the assessment invitation directly into our Applicant Tracking System. This creates a very manual process of sending assessments whenever we have a job opening.
PI Behavioral Assessment is required for all qualified candidates prior to setting up an interview. We don't want to just use the information we get during an interview; we want to use the data from PI to make sure we get the right person in the right job, prior to spending the time getting to know them in a job interview.
Read Carol Warhurst's full review
Angela Jackson profile photo
October 20, 2017

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Review: "PI until I die!"

The PI Behavioral Assessment is an integral part of our organization. Not only do we have every potential new employee take the assessment, we've also had all current employees complete it. The PI highlights each individual's strongest traits and characteristics, and helps us in HR to determine where they'd be happiest and most effective within the company! Love it!
  • Which traits will show more dominantly.
  • The breakdown in the behavioral report is helpful to people who are not certified practitioners.
  • Helps us predict an employee's potential and desires to advance.
  • Easier integration of PROS
  • Easier to navigate home screen
  • A way to clear the home screen of test takers that have already completed the assessment
Well suited: When deciding to promote an internal employee, this will help determine if the promotion will last and if that person will be happy down the line.

Less appropriate: It's never not appropriate! Any time there is a hiring decision that needs to be made, the PI should be used.
Read Angela Jackson's full review
Lindsey Morrell profile photo
July 27, 2017

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment: "PI Review"

We have been using PI as a whole organization, for all departments, and for 4 years now at my company. PI has helped us place ensure we are hiring the right people for a job, and we've had a lot of proven success with this. It's also great to understand employees' motivating needs, to ensure they are happy in the workplace which will then increase productivity.

PI has recently implemented new software which has streamlined some things, and I do know they are working on another new site as well, so they are "keeping up with the times" and continuously improving.

• Recruitment
  • Retention
  • Motivating employees
  • Expensive training for administrators of the PI in companies

It's well suited in recruitment, and retention. We give the assessment to all qualified applicants for each position. We also use the PI profiles when creating new jobs in our org.

Scenarios where it would be less appropriate would be disciplinary involvement with the PI, as it's supposed to positively display a person's natural behaviors.

Read Lindsey Morrell's full review

Automated data collection (18)
Data analysis (24)
Pre-built content (20)
Data management (19)
Self-service insights (19)

About Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment

The PI Behavioral Assessment™ is a simple yet effective assessment that is broken down into four primary behavioral factors, or core drives. These core drives and their relation to each other create a behavioral pattern that provides a framework for understanding the workplace behaviors of candidates and employees. According to the vendor, the results allow users to better predict workplace behaviors and motivating needs.

The PI Behavioral Assessment™ is a scientifically validated, free-choice, stimulus response assessment that was created through a normative sample of thousands of people. It has been investigated in nearly 500 criterion-related validity studies across almost all jobs and countries, built to the standards of the American Psychological Association (APA), Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychologists (SIOP), and the International Test Commission (ITC).

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Features