- Enables immediate responses to our Business Users’ SAP …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SAP Conversational AI, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
SAP Conversational AI combines a bot building platform and a digital assistant.
Bot Building Platform
SAP Conversational AI provides platform that allows for the building of end-to-end chatbots as well as the customization of a digital assistant. Through this platform, users can build or adapt chatbots in full SAP integration. The platform can also be used to create AI chatbots from scratch to automate customer support, IT service or buying journey.
SAP Conversational AI participates in the building of a simple and unified conversational interface for the entire SAP portfolio: the digital assistant. Any SAP product user can chat with this digital assistant to create a leave request, see the location of a far-away colleague or update the status of an employee after a promotion – all through one unified interface.
- Supported: Ease-of-use
- Supported: Proprietary natural language processing (NLP) technology
- Supported: Support for multiple languages and voice activation
- Supported: Full integration with SAP portfolio and non-SAP solutions
- Supported: Leverage data analytics
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- It performs relatively well in natural language processing.
- Permits analyzing the text inputs at anytime.
- The chatbots are highly customizable- we uploaded the one with a mask during the covid-19 pandemic which went a long way in making our websites fun.
- More improvements should be made on reporting, maybe upgrade from the cluster of tables and figures.
- feedback link
- application forms
- dialogue box
- Help tab must be more user friendly
- GUI can be improved
- User experience can be enhanced
- Seamless and intuitive UI/UX.
- Provides native NLP support for different languages.
- Ability to activate by voice
- It is a very intuitive platform, but prior knowledge is needed to build a chatbot.
- SAP has helped me manage my teams cost in material management.
- SAP Conversational AI has provided with the goal of developing bot analytics to respond to common user face issues when reporting troubleshooting issues with software equipment as well as technical equipment.
- Has helped deploy new bots to increase response time to employees who require assistance with ordering equipment software as well as application development in software ordering.
- Please also SAP Conversational AI to be more user friendly with simpler applications.
- Please also provide a faster load time due to the software taking time to respond to multiple requests thus slowing response times.
- Text Processing.
- Bot training and Bot testing.
- Natural language processing features.
- Bot connector doesn't get integrated with multiple messaging channels.
- Pricing can be made more competitive.
- Demos can be made more intuitive for customers with no prior experience.
- Intuitive interface and very lean building process.
- Non-SAP integrations and "open source" feeling.
- Frequent updates and changes.
- Active community.
- Missing capabilities compared to other competitors.
- Difficult to understand its positioning after SAP bought RecastAI.
- Lack of concrete use cases when presented to the SAP community.
- It’s rich library of message formatting and rendering and support to various languages.
- It’s intelligent and capable of recognizing the sentiment level as well as its machine learning capability is amazing to capture the user intentions.
- Building a bot does not need a lot of knowledge of coding and does not need a lot of coding. It’s very easy to develop and maintain.
- Tutorial and API reference guide needs improvement so that developers can figure it solution easily. A lot of blogs have been started coming up however, the guide needs to have some examples.
- Not enough mechanism or tutorial available for bot monitoring.
- Limited fallback channel options for connected to live agent which does not making it open to other platforms where SAP interaction center.
Another plus point being SAP keeps bringing and adding new features for improving user as well as developer's experience on the bot platform.
- Ability to use natural language with a match of near specific or exact words.
- Easy user interface.
- Available actions on the go and apt suggestions for the next step.
- More documentation on the usability features.
- A richer user interface would attract users towards it.
- The algorithm for understanding the words and language and small typos can be improved upon.
Also have worked on a chatbot for the Warner Brothers studio tour. This will help them reduce the use of conventional customer care and enhance their business. Currently, they don't have 24/7 customer service and this will enable them to have one.
- Quick build time
- Easy integration with SAP channels
- Not good integration with voice enabled devices like Alexa
- Difficult to integrate with Teams and compatible messages types. Difficult to get user information when integrated. No control over user input. Not all Output message formats are supported by SAP CAI with non-SAP channels.
- SAP Conversational AI is very good when it comes to integrating with SAP channels and chatbots can be quickly developed and deployed. But when it comes to using SAP Conversational AI on multiple non-SAP channels, it is a bit of drag.
- The new FAQ bot creation makes it easier to build a bot for this scenario.
- The API service consumption needs a good amount of coding. An in build development approach for that would save time.
- It also has very few fallback channels and integration with other fall back channels is cumbersome.
- The management of Natural Language through the use of entities and intents is excellent.
- It allows you to apply good practices using the test of the expressions that are thought to be added in the intents, where it allows you to validate if the expression you are thinking of adding is being taken by two intents.
- As an improvement, I think it would be interesting not to reset the memory when you make the request called from the webhook.
- Bots in any language
- Very easy to use
- Fast time to market
- Classification algorithm.
- Custom enrichments to have a global view of all enrichments for a group of entity values.
- Endpoint that manages gazettes.
- Getting data from our APIs.
- Small talk.
- Language support.
- UI customization.
- SAP Conversational AI in addition to providing the chatbot features also integrates bot analytics without the need for much setup/deployment work.
- It is possible to code SAP Conversational AI chatbot in multiple coding languages (Node.js, Python, PHP, iOS, etc.) that makes it easy both implement as well as integrate with existing IT stacks (eg. Analytics, AI, Databases).
- SAP Conversational AI is easy to implement and get it running especially if you are already using SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- SAP can certainly provide better and more clear documentation on how to customize and deploy the chatbot/use SAP Conversational AI.
- There is lot less developer community around SAP Conversational AI so it is hard to get help from outside developers and experts on best practices, hacks and existing applications/integrations.
- It is hard to use SAP Conversational AI outside SAP S/4HANA Cloud, for example on AWS or GCP or in a multi cloud environment.
- Enables immediate responses to our Business Users’ SAP and support related questions in French and German during and outside of office hours anytime, anywhere through the Group Mutual Web site or HelpDesk system.
- Conveys a positive and modern image to our Users, many of which have successfully embraced the chatbot, as evidenced by a 75% first-time resolution rate.
- Natural language processing.
- Integration with social networks and legacy systems.
- Predefined templates/BOTs.
- Minimum or no code; can be configured by any business user.
- Task scheduler.
- Great user interface
- Quick sign-up to first chat bot time
- Well working machine learning algorithms that understand conversations well
- Add more predefined skills
- Explain better on the web page where the limitations of the current technology are, e.g. is it working with negations, say "The movie was great and everything was great is not what I think".
- Ease Of Use
- Deployment on Range of Applications - Facebook, Slack, etc
- Integration with Alexa
- Ease of connection to SAP Backend
- Ease of Deployment on Google Hangouts
- Integration with other communication platforms like Telegram, FaceBook Messenger, Amazon Alexa
- Easy to develop intelligent bots
- Excellent performance
- Integration with control version software like Git and GitHub
- Quality revision with integration with SonarQ, for example
- Some additional plugins to extend features
Is hard to implement single bots like a workflow process.
- Ease of use
- Fewer clicks & navigation
- Performance wise, the product is quite good
- Does not provide out of box support for attachment upload or screenshot processing to the bot
- The CAI Chatbot endpoint doesn't connect directly to our business logic and needs expensive implementation changes
- Authentication process is not available within CAI, it relies on other third party provider
- Drag-and-drop user interface making it accessible for technical as well as non-technical users.
- Free tier to develop different chatbots without cost -> easily able to start a proof of concept.
- Integratable with lots of different channels.
- Different opensource (GitHub) projects making it easy to customize the Conversational AI client or self-host the connector.
- Great API + documentation making it a breeze for developers to integrate chatbots in different architectures.
- Better copy-paste functionality in order to copy certain intents between bots without having to make them public.
- Possibility to export data of intents and entities to CSV.
- Better version control -> see differences between the versions easily.
- Reputation from SAP behind the product.
- Good APIs.
- A beginner needs a bit of training.
- It is a free product so I hesitate a bit. I'd feel more comfortable if it costs a bit.
- Guide new users in onboarding process.
- Let user talk freely without reading from a screen or pressing in it.
- Gaining general information from user before engaging a real employee.
- Other languages besides English.
- Let organize workflows drive the conversation.
- More standard domains.
- User interface. SAP CAI has the best approach to help non-technical people to understand and design chatbots efficiently
- Documentation and community. You always find responses to your questions
- French NLP efficiency
- Documentation update. Some of the very nice tutorials and docs seem outdated or not SAP-branded, which can be confusing
- Fallback channels. The intercom fallback channel has an important lack of speed, and the SAP fallback channel seems complicated to implement in a product development sprint
SAP CAI is not so well suited when working on very complex bots with a lot of API calls and memory use. It can be troublesome to obtain the exact behavior that you want to offer to your users.
- SAP Conversational AI is the chatbot platform for SAP product environment. It has very easy integration features with the whole SAP landscape.
- There will soon be a lot of out-of-the-box skills available for different SAP products like SuccessFactors, etc.
- SAP Conversational AI prototyping is free. Hence it is extremely easy to create a POC for a client.
- Conversational AI supports internationalization very efficiently. The only problem is that there isn’t any direct tool in the Conversational AI platform which will translate intents from English to other locales.
- With the latest release, Conversational AI bot connectors have matured a lot, hence the implementation effort for Conversational AI in an SAP landscape has been reduced drastically.
- The Conversational AI bot building platform is very simple to use, and intuitive, hence it isn't an issue for a beginner to start working with it. For simple skills you also don’t need to code.
- There is no option to export all intents. This makes translation of skills very effort consuming.
- There are no data masking features in Conversational AI. Hence some clients feel uncomfortable when their data is being sent to the cloud. But Conversational AI is GDPR compliant.
- It is tricky to implement a Conversational AI bot in a non-SAP environment. Though it is possible.
- Simple User Interface
- Simple Backend to work with and easy implementation of conversational flows
- Fast response time
- The overall uptime of the servers
- The options to customize the UI
- Multiple language support.
- Short implementation time.
- API based, so easily integrated with other tools like Skype for Business and social.
- Better knowledge centers/forums to train SAP consultants on this technology. No good best practices found on SAP training hub nor on SAP provider (SAP SCN/ FAQ etc). Would like something like SAP best practices for core modules. We find documentation is missing.
The only problem we found was documentation on how to use/ deploy/ etc. It would be great if best practices available were available.