Overall Satisfaction with ActiveCampaign
We use AC as our primary CRM across the whole organization. It enables us to keep track of clients, their activity on our website, and to communicate with the entire community or just a select few individuals. It is very straightforward to teach new hires and I don't think we've ever experienced a service outage.
- Management of client resources.
- Track activity of clients on our website.
- Enable seamless communication with entire community.
- Somewhat redundant at times (i.e. needing a list and tags to effectively sort clients for email blasts).
- Website activity is somewhat redundant and at times inaccurate.
- Merge duplicate contacts is a bit of a nightmare.
- Clarity of client website engagement.
- Ability to easily register clients for events.
We signed up for Redtail after ActiveCampaign because ActiveCampaign doesn't give us the options that Redtail does in terms of managing records of financial planning client interactions. Asana is our primary project management software because it's much more user-friendly for at-a-glance and mobile employee interaction.
Do you think ActiveCampaign delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ActiveCampaign's feature set?
Did ActiveCampaign live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of ActiveCampaign go as expected?
Would you buy ActiveCampaign again?