ActiveCampaign Reviews

Stephen Box | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 03, 2020

Great for small business owners and solopreneurs looking for automation but cost can quickly escalate if you want certain features.

Alternatives Considered

Although Mailchimp has a free tier I find their interface clunky and harder to navigate than ActiveCampaign. I did like Drip and would possibly consider switching to them as my business grows. They are very similar to ActiveCampaign and price increases appear to be based on the number of contacts vs unlocking features. However, I went with ActiveCampaign because it was the cheaper option with most of the features that I need at this time.
Read Stephen Box's full review
Donald Lee | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 01, 2020

Better than MailChimp!

Alternatives Considered

Mailchimp doesn't have a conditional-response system that AC has, the main reason I switched.

The main reason is conditionals. They don't have an if-else system so you send specific emails based on an action a user has or has not taken. If that's important to you (which it should be), then you cannot use Mailchimp. Simple as that.
Read Donald Lee's full review
maria jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 30, 2020

Simply amazing

Alternatives Considered

I have used Mailchimp in the past and was truly disappointed at the lack of support, the open rates, and the failures in the automations. Mailchimp was just so "high touch" and incredibly hit-and-miss. PLUS, in order to get the features that ActiveCampaign offers you had to pay 5x more.
Read maria jones's full review
Angela Tran | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 30, 2020

Cost Effective and User Friendly

Alternatives Considered

The other software I have used are very complex and I have had to hire on "experts" to help me manage it. I feel like I can personally navigate Active Campaign without being a "professional" and plus I get a lot more bang for my buck with Active Campaign. It is very cost-effective.
Read Angela Tran's full review
cristina fuertes mosella | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 29, 2020

Email marketing with customer service better than receiving actual mail in the mailbox :)

Alternatives Considered

Was useful, but very poor at segmenting. I also found it challenging to get to know the platform but, as opposed to what happens with Active Campaign, they did not have the amazing customer service that Active Campaign has, which guides you throughout the entire process of setting up an acoount.
Read cristina fuertes mosella's full review
Aryeh Brickner | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 29, 2020

ActiveCampaign or bust - why it should be your go-to service for email marketing. Don't settle for anything else!

Alternatives Considered

The UX/UI can't even begin to compare. As well the customer service goes above and beyond anything I would have expected. I forgot to follow up on an error I was having and ActiveCampaign's staff wrote back to me asking if I had sorted everything out. The reporting structures go way past other tools.
Read Aryeh Brickner's full review
Jonathan Avalos | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 24, 2020

Highly Recommend ActiveCampaign

Alternatives Considered

ActiveCampaign is the best email automation software that I have used. It is easier to set up than convert kit, more professional than Mailchimp, and has more features than constant contact. For the price, this is by far the best email automation software that allows you to grow into a bigger plan.
Read Jonathan Avalos's full review
Mark 'The Copy Father' Kington - Freelance Copywriter | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 22, 2020

ActiveCampaign is much better than Mailchimp

Alternatives Considered

Mailchimp was buggy and kept going down. Several times I couldn't send an email out when I pride myself on consistent contact.

Often the only time I would discover this was when my email hadn't sent. Mailchimp would never tell me so I can inform my audience in an alternate manner.

ActiveCampaign has stayed consistent for me and I've never once had a problem with it.
Read Mark 'The Copy Father' Kington - Freelance Copywriter's full review
Morgan Specht | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 21, 2020

If you're using Mailchimp, switch to Active Campaign NOW

Alternatives Considered

Mailchimp was very "clunky" and difficult to use. Things didn't make sense and it was hard to know where to go to find what I needed. They also recently changed their pricing model so the free version was fairly useless anyway which is what prompted my switch to AC.
Read Morgan Specht's full review
Ruth Douglas | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 20, 2020

An excellent next step when you want more than just a newsletter delivery service

Alternatives Considered

ActiveCampaign is an excellent product for anyone looking to move from a simple newsletter delivery service to a fuller CRM, newsletter and automation service. It creates a rounded picture of contacts and interactions and is easy to integrate with different platforms.
Read Ruth Douglas's full review
Alex Iglecia | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 20, 2020

Thanks, ActiveCampaign, for all the Marketing!

Alternatives Considered

I explored Keap/Insfusionsoft but chose ActiveCampaign because I wanted to profit, and wanted to keep my sanity and energy for servicing clients. I did not want to invest $$ or the time and energy needed for Keap.

I also considered switching to ConvertKit because many artists and creators use it, but chose not to because of the higher price that I did not see adding functional benefit.
Read Alex Iglecia's full review
Matt Emmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 19, 2020

Active Campaign is easy and the staff is awesome

Alternatives Considered

We selected Active Campaign because of the HIPAA compliance. We also enjoyed the fact that we’d get design services and a dedicated account rep when we went with the enterprise plan. When we were searching and getting demos, we just found that Active Campaign was the easiest to learn and the staff was really friendly.
Read Matt Emmer's full review
Ben Egbert | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 16, 2020

Not intimidating at all

Alternatives Considered

I selected ActiveCampaign because it came recommended by my marketing company. They use the quote, "ActiveCampaign is what all the other email marketing companies want to be when they grow up." That was good enough for me when deciding what product to go with. I admit, they were not wrong at all. Even the ability to walk me through setting up campaigns is easy enough to just send a sentence of where to find what I am looking for. From there I am able to get everything set up how I want it.
Read Ben Egbert's full review
Dimitris Gkiokas | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 16, 2020

ActiveCampaign is the best choice for small businesses in the information product market

Alternatives Considered

ActiveCampaign is one of the most robust email marketing providers. For us, its automations feature is what has really got us into it - in addition to the fact that every single aspect of email marketing is covered very well, like forms, lists, tags, etc.
Read Dimitris Gkiokas's full review
Laura Pickard | TrustRadius Reviewer

Competitively Priced and Innovative ESP

Alternatives Considered

ActiveCampaign has a lot more capabilities and features than Act-On, for a much better price. We used Act-On at the bare minimum, only using it to send out newsletters that we built in HTML. With ActiveCampaign, we are now using conditional content, contact tags, automations, the live chat feature, and our newsletters are performing better than ever.
Read Laura Pickard's full review
Eric Spaulding | TrustRadius Reviewer

Best value for your business with Best Customer Service in the Industry

Alternatives Considered

Dollar for dollar, you get more out of AC than any other platform. Their package levels combined with their billing based on list size gives you the best value for the money. AC also gives the most useful features for the money (at least in my use case) and integrates into my systems easily and cleanly.
Read Eric Spaulding's full review
William Ainslie | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 14, 2020

You want this to be accountable to your clients

Alternatives Considered

I prefer ActiveCampaign, it worked seamlessly with the marketing we were doing, sending emails with links inside. It tracked those links well and made it easier for us to include more of them over the years we have been using ActiveCampaign.

The price point for our needs was a good value compared to the other options we used previously.
Read William Ainslie's full review
Uldis Sliters | TrustRadius Reviewer

ActiveCampaign honest review

Alternatives Considered

Well each of those products has their pros and cons, I guess for us it was just a natural progression with sticking to one great solution provider [that has] offered some better, or let's say strategically different features for us. And we love the service and support at ActiveCampaign.
Read Uldis Sliters's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (176)
Dynamic content (158)
Ability to test dynamic content (141)
Landing pages (63)
A/B testing (114)
Mobile optimization (153)
Email deliverability reporting (188)
List management (190)
Triggered drip sequences (174)
9.4
Lead nurturing (115)
Lead scoring and grading (85)
Data quality management (92)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (85)
Calendaring (72)
Event/webinar marketing (63)
Social sharing and campaigns (58)
Social profile integration (54)
Dashboards (175)
Standard reports (174)
Custom reports (112)
API (91)
Role-based workflow & approvals (59)
Customizability (92)
Integration with Salesforce.com (18)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (9)
Integration with SugarCRM (9)

About ActiveCampaign

The vendor states ActiveCampaign's Customer Experience Automation (CXA) Platform helps over 100,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Pricing starts at $9 a month.

By removing the silos that typically exist between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and account management solutions, businesses can automate truly personalized experiences that feel authentic. The vendor states that over 70% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, Wordpress and Salesforce.

Additionally, ActiveCampaign offers 280+ pre-built automation templates to aim to make it easy to create and run connected campaigns across all channels, and free customer service, including live chat and phone support, a self-help knowledge base and complementary data migration. Combined with the ActiveCampaign Customer Success Commitment; a set of 14 promises pledging that users will always be able to get what they need, when they need it, ActiveCampaign aims to deliver value on Day 1 to customers of all sizes.

ActiveCampaign Screenshots

ActiveCampaign Integrations

ActiveCampaign Competitors

Mailchimp, HubSpot, Klaviyo, Marketo, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, Keap (formerly Infusionsoft), ConvertKit

ActiveCampaign Support Options