Score 8.5 out of 10
Starting at $9 per month
View Pricing

What is ActiveCampaign?

ActiveCampaign integrates email marketing, marketing automation, sales automation, and CRM software into one platform designed for small businesses.

Well worth it

January 18, 2023
I found it a good all-round tool and is easy to integrate with other systems. We use this to capture information from several lead …

Amazing!

December 10, 2022
I've thoroughly enjoyed using ActiveCampaign. Our company switched from Mailchimp a couple of years back, and we have not looked back. We …

• Email deliverability reporting (661)
  • List management (637)
  • Standard reports (571)
  • Dashboards (584)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ActiveCampaign, and make your voice heard!

Lite

Per Month [3 Users]

Plus

$49

Per Month [25 Users]

Professional

$129

Per Month [50 Users]

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.activecampaign.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $9 per month

Product Demos

Customer Experience Automation Demo
01:44

Features

Email & Online Marketing

Using software to manage lists, send emails, automate email campaigns and track results.

8.6Avg 7.6

Lead Management

The process of tracking and managing prospective customers from lead generation to conversion.

8.8Avg 7.6

Campaign Management

Users can schedule campaigns and/or events with reminders, announcements, etc.

8.6Avg 7.5

Social Media Marketing

Using social media networks to help amplify marketing endeavors.

8.8Avg 7.4

Reporting & Analytics

Users can report on and analyze usage, performance, ROI, and/or other metrics of success.

8.6Avg 7.4

Platform & Infrastructure

Features related to platform-wide settings and structure, such as permissions, languages, integrations, customizations, etc.

8.8Avg 7.4

What is ActiveCampaign?

The vendor states ActiveCampaign's category-defining customer experience automation platform (CXA) helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Pricing starts at just $9/month.

By removing the silos that typically exist between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and account management solutions, businesses can automate truly personalized experiences that feel authentic. The vendor states that over 75% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce.

Additionally, ActiveCampaign offers 500+ pre-built automation templates that make it easy for customers to instantly create and run connected campaigns across all channels, and free customer service, including live chat and phone support, a self-help knowledge base and complementary data migration. Combined with the ActiveCampaign Customer Success Commitment—a set of 14 promises pledging that customers will always be able to get what they need, when they need it—ActiveCampaign aims to deliver value on Day 1 to customers of all sizes.

ActiveCampaign Screenshots

Screenshot of Combine tagging with conditional content to put the right message in front of each customer.Screenshot of Powerful, easy-to-use marketing automationScreenshot of Finely segment your audience based on engagement, purchase activity, lead score, or any other dimension you can think of.Screenshot of Use live chat, site messaging, email, and a unified inbox to build relationships with customers.Screenshot of A simple, intuitive CRM helps your sales reps to get more done in less time

ActiveCampaign Video

ActiveCampaign: Customer Experience Automation Demo

ActiveCampaign Integrations

ActiveCampaign Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

ActiveCampaign starts at $9.

Mailchimp, HubSpot Marketing Hub, and Klaviyo are common alternatives for ActiveCampaign.

Reviewers rate Email deliverability reporting highest, with a score of 9.3.

The most common users of ActiveCampaign are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Miguel Angel Horta Camacho | TrustRadius Reviewer
Activecampaign is powerful, easy to use, and cheaper than most of the competitors; that is why we use it, and it gives us great results, the idea to add unlimited users is also a plus; for what we are paying for, it worth every dollar spent, is also easy to train people.
Joseph Arroyo | TrustRadius Reviewer
I moved to ActiveCampaign from Mailchimp. Admittedly, I was using the free version of Mailchimp, but I had numerous episodes of subscriber data NOT being added to Mailchimp, despite using API to integrate with my mailing list. Obviously, I couldn't pay for clicks and not capture subscriber data, so I had to find something else. ActiveCampaign has been 100% reliable in testing.
December 30, 2022

Good email marketing tool

ActiveCampaign is good for a small sized company like us with the right pricing unlike some of the others where you need to buy an Annual plan. It also has all the basic features which we needed. It is great for a Marketing team but might not be up to the mark for Sales team which needs it for cold emailing instead of engagement
Activecampaign is far more powerful than Mailchimp, with lots of functionality and great engagement tracking. While it is a bit more expensive than Mailchimp, it is perfect for a small or medium business looking to have a professional CMS and CRM without the high costs of Hubspot or Salesforce. Basically, it's a lot of bang for your buck.
Dr. Christine Sauer MD, ND | TrustRadius Reviewer
Keap is more expensive. Used it for a bit and then went off it because of price. AWeber is great - for affiliate marketing and more, as is mailer lite. Good for beginners and simple needs when it comes to lower-ticket offers and just the need for an email marketing software. I wasn't too happy with Mailchimp when I tried it, and I also didn't like to be associated with an ape (lol) - (for the free version you can't turn the branding off)
December 10, 2022

Amazing!

We used Mailchimp before, and it was a simple tool but not great if you want more advanced features. ActiveCampaign allowed us to have access to more advanced features and dive into detailed reporting. We also got access to design tools that allowed us to create more dynamic and engaging emails overall for our audience.
ActiveCampaign is perfect for mid to small sized businesses. It's well-rounded and has enough channels to aid a growing business' growth. While it is less powerful than Iterable, I have found it better suited to HubSpot or Mailchimp due to its strong automation functions
I moved to Zoho Campaigns and Zoho CRM on the basis that they were integrated with a wider package, but the graphics and fonts are far better with ActiveCampaign. Zoho Campaigns didn't even integrate as well with Zoho Forms as expected, and I missed a bunch of responses. ActiveCampaign is easier to set up notifications if you get a response, so it was better to use that way too. The only drawback was that some of the other software I was integrating AC with required more expensive versions to be able to integrate, so it was expensive overall.
I haven't used any other products than ActiveCampaign. The platform was recommended to me by multiple other users, and I did not consider competitor products on that basis. Personal recommendations are really important to me, and I have been really impressed with what I have seen. There is no need for me to consider competitor products.
Mei Tan | TrustRadius Reviewer
With ActiveCampaign, you can centralize a significant part of your marketing operations and give your customers a better overall experience than alternative technologies.The customer support staff is very efficient and their knowledge base is particularly informative and easy to search, with little trouble producing relevant results.
We needed something with more customability and that could handle the systems that we wanted to create. Mailchimp was too clunky for what we needed and ConvertKit was too basic (while oddly being complicated at times). ActiveCampaign was recommended by a colleague and we haven't looked back. It has been perfect for our needs.
I used to use ConvertKit but liked the customization ability of ActiveCampaign better. Also, ConvertKit limits on the size of your email list were smaller than ActiveCampaign and it was the best fit for me.
Ellie Busby | TrustRadius Reviewer
MailerLite is cheaper but a lot simpler. You're very limited in what you can do because you can't tag or segment. On the other hand, ActiveCampaign is extremely flexible with tagging and you can create as many complex dynamic segments as you like, which means you can send much more personal emails.
Sheldon Brow | TrustRadius Reviewer
Others were either way overpriced, or way less user-friendly. The best value is ActiveCampaign. I felt like all other options I explored, (many more than listed), I felt like I couldn't get them up and running quickly enough, and I also felt ripped off by all of the other offerings as a whole as far as value for my money.
Patrick Hemus | TrustRadius Reviewer
The fact that it combines email, CRM, and automations between them makes it such a force to be reconned with. Its plans are reasonable and moving up from a basic plan allows 25 users for one price. This is great compared to Hubspot. It's much smoother than Mailchimp and much more classy looking than Get Response. Great user-friendly interface.
Amanda McCombs | TrustRadius Reviewer
HubSpot is definitely built for large organizations and can be incredibly cumbersome to use as well as extremely expensive for anyone who isn't at a company with many hundreds of employees siloed into specific niches.
Miri Lenoff | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's the easiest and most useful to use. The other products make it more complicated. ActiveCampaign also has a high deliverability rate compared to others, so it's one of the most important reasons why I love ActiveCampaign. I also love how easy it is to set up campaigns, edit the text or images, and more!
RD Station has WhatsApp integration which is very important for Brazil. But it does not have a CRM, which ActiveCampaign does. ActiveCampaign allows many more users for the same price as the competition.