DAM Learning Curve
January 05, 2022
DAM Learning Curve
Score 8 out of 10
- Marketing Operations
Overall Satisfaction with Aprimo
Although we have not implemented any of the connectors just yet, based on the documentation I have read and my experience with Aprimo, I expect it to require some help.
We use Aprimo as the single source of truth for digital assets and content to share between regions and syndicate to downstream systems.
- Grouping of content for targeted users and use cases
- Searchability with facets and filters makes it easy for consumers
- Bulk editing for mass updates
- Flexible rules that can be implemented for various needs
- Customer support is slow to resolve system issues
- Complicated configuration with no in-depth training amounts to a huge learning curve and expensive concierge services
- The consumer-facing UI does not have all of the functionality that is required
- Training videos are out of date or purport functionality that does not exist
- Consolidated asset storage from internal and external drives
- Savings on multiple rendition creation
Assets stored within Aprimo DAM are syndicated for multiple downstream channels, much of which is automated based on certain criteria. This allows the contributors more time to create without the added work to share. The faceted search within the UI helps consumers access the content for quick and easy consumption.
The experience was good, but rushed.
Do you think Aprimo delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Aprimo's feature set?
Did Aprimo live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Aprimo go as expected?
Would you buy Aprimo again?
Aprimo is a good DAM solution for any mid to large business. Just be aware that modules can become costly, and this is not always transparent during an RFP or POC. The more complex the setup, the more dependent you will be on their services. Overall, we are happy with the solution and plan to roll it out globally.
Customer support is slow to correct system issues and often pushes out fixes. When the fix is finally implemented, it is great, but too often the wait is agonizingly long.
Kept well informed
Quick Initial Response
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times
We purchased concierge support because of the learning curve. The implementation was rushed, much of the configuration is complicated and the knowledge was not shared.
Yes - Yes, it was resolved to my satisfaction but not in a timely fashion.
I'm afraid I cannot at this point.