BC in a nutshell!
June 01, 2019
BC in a nutshell!
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with BigCommerce
We use BigCommerce (BC) to run our E-commerce store and it is a big part of our operation. It enables us to successfully manage orders, customers, products and more and is an integral part of our day to day business operations. We also manage customer reviews, email marketing, google analytics and a preview app.
- BC has many options for order statuses that we are also able to change. It helps us a lot with managing the different levels of production each order is going through.
- BC offers many option sets for each item that is very helpful since all of our products are fully customized and require many available options.
- BC reports are very clear and enable us to view numbers and stats very easily.
- Customer support - it takes BC a very long time to fix issues with our backend that usually require manual coding on their part.
- BC pricing plan - that is a very big downfall - as we process more orders, we are being charged a lot more every month - something that other platforms like Shopify don't do.
- Some small limitations such as not being able to copy option rules which would save us a lot of time.
- Increase website visitors by allowing a smooth and easy to use SEO tools.
- Easy streamline of advertising products on Google Shopping
- Pretty easy and straight forward checkout process for customers.
Our main concern is to show previews of our products since they are fully customized. We were able to partner with a company that offers immediate online previews using their app and it worked pretty well for us with BC platform. We do have a long way to go until the process is smooth and easy.
As I mentioned we mainly use BC's API for our immediate preview app that works with our BC website. We also use it to integrate Google Customer Reviews with our website and being able to collect a lot of positive customer reviews using that app. We have programmers that work on our website and are able to fully integrate it with BC which is great.
The main thing that BC was better at is offering a lot of options for each item that we absolutely need with the nature of 99% of our items. Where BC is lacking is their slow customer support and the fact that they charge a lot as our order number increases.
BigCommerce is well suited for businesses who have a complicated production process and need to be able to use many different statuses to ensure a smooth production cycle. BigCommerce is well suited as well for businesses that offer a lot of customization options for their products. BigCommerce is not well suited for companies that simply offer 1-10 items that are not very complicated to add and manage.