Overall Satisfaction with Deputy
We use Deputy to manage schedules among our four retail locations. Deputy is helpful because now our staff can sign in via the app if they are traveling among stores; they aren't tied to a physical time clock at one location. They also have the most updated schedule and don't have to go open an e-mail to see any changes made to a spreadsheet schedule like [they] used to do. We also use Deputy to send notifications and announcements including attachments. Deputy gives our staff the ability to message one another via the app, without having to share everyone's contact information with one another.
- Employees have their most updated schedule at all times.
- Deputy shows me how much I am spending in wages per scheduled week.
- Deputy allows us to not be tied down to a specific computer when making schedules.
- Deputy allows our staff to interact with one another via the app without giving out personal contact information.
- Deputy helps us keep track of paid and unpaid leave.
- Many settings that normally pertain to a location should be customizable per user.
- Deputy should have customizable fields built into the People page and the ability to upload attachments to each person's account.
- Each profile type (supervisor, location manager, etc.) should have more customizable settings such as removing costs from view. Sometimes we want someone to have higher access to things, but not be able to view costs.
- Mobile could use a couple more features, such as publishing all shifts for the week as opposed to a single day at a time. Or more access to the people function to make changes and updates to pay rates or employee type, for example.
- Deputy saves time each week on schedules and communication with real time alerts to the staff.
- Deputy helps us know exactly what we are spending on labor each week that we make schedules.
- Deputy helps our staff maintain schedules efficiently especially when there are changes made throughout the week for various reasons.
Do you think Deputy delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Deputy's feature set?
Did Deputy live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Deputy go as expected?
Would you buy Deputy again?
Deputy is extremely useful for our scheduling, people management, and day to day communication. I think Deputy would be better if we could make settings more customizable per user, as opposed to per location. There are some users who I want to give access to specific things, but not to the whole team. And there are some users who I want to be a "supervisor" or "location manager" but at the same time there are things I wouldn't want to include them to have access to. If Deputy was more user focused on settings, I would give them a 10 rating.
Implementing Deputy was supremely easy. It helped to have appointments with a specialist who helped us make the transition. I think there should be some sort of FAQ given or survey taken before everything to see what we would need done or answered before implementing. We kept making appointments when we had more questions or needed help with certain changes. If we knew some of this stuff beforehand, we could have done it during previous calls.
Deputy is wonderful for efficiency and communication with staff. App access and text message alerts are extremely effective when managing a team. Employees having access to one another via the app for switching shifts and calling off is a great benefit to floor managers. When teams can manage themselves this way (with our approval) it takes pressure off the management to find replacements. Deputy only brings us forward in efficiency. I see no issues with inefficiency.