Overall Satisfaction with Google Voice
At our office, I'm using Google Voice as a second line on my existing smartphone so I can differentiate personal calls from work calls. As an insurance producer and office manager, I am responsible for fielding calls from customers, staff and insurance companies. With Google Voice, I'm able to have a sperate voicemail box, text message inbox, and phone number so I don't have to give out my personal number.
- The separate phone number for work versus personal use.
- Completely independent voicemail message and inbox.
- The ability to answer calls and messages on the computer or mobile device.
- An email version of the voicemail if one is left.
- I think there is room to improve with regards to call forwarding.
- I wish there were a concise way to know if the call was to your Google Voice number or your personal number before answering the call.
- when I add a contact to my account on the web it doesn't seem to sync with my phone even though the same email address is logged in.
- Google Voice has allowed us to service our clients and corporate relationships better.
- The savings from Google Voice has allowed us to reinvest in other areas of our business.
- We have seen a significant increase in customer satisfaction after the implementation of Google Voice.
Google Voice was a superior product in our opinion to some that we looked at because of its versatility and ease of implementation. Not only were those big determinants in our decision, but the cost-effectiveness of the program played a major role in our decision. Some of the other options we looked at had limited functionality for the cost.
I like the support forums because of their powerful search features, but the Google-backed Support team is weak as it relies almost entirely on the forums. But in general, there haven't been many a situation when either the forum or a quick search on the internet didn't yield the answer we were searching for.
Do you think Google Voice delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google Voice's feature set?
Did Google Voice live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Google Voice go as expected?
Would you buy Google Voice again?
If you're in a work environment where you could benefit from a work phone, this is the tool for you. It allows you to have an independent phone number to be reached at, without the need to carry a second device. I believe this tool is invaluable for salespeople or professionals that interact with customers on a regular basis.
Google Voice Feature Ratings
Using Google Voice
In all honesty, you just need one team member that is comfortable with trying new software and capable of browsing the web to find answers to questions they might have. There isn't a large need for technical knowledge to implement or support Google Voice, but there is a need to be willing to try something new.
- Separating work from personal calls.
- Retaining conversation threads between yourself or your company and another company or customer.
- Creating a seamless platform for your customers to interact with you without the need for multiple device.
- Voicemail transcription and auto-forwarding to email.
- Text messaging on the desktop site has been a huge benefit.
- We have combined Google Voice with our CRM to log messages or interactions.
- Call routing.
- Call forwarding to an answering service in the event various people don't pick up.
- International calls for long-range business deals.
Google Voice has been invaluable for us in our effort to provide exceptional customer service. With Google Voice, we have been able to increase our customer interactions while reducing the wait time to reach a live person on our team. We couldn't be more pleased with the way things have worked out since implementing Google Voice.