The last content platform you will ever need
January 22, 2016
The last content platform you will ever need
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ion interactive
We are using ion interactive to provide our prospects and existing customers with a better user experience, and to convey our visual and verbal brand identity in a better, more up-to-date fashion. I have created ion experiences for many divisions at our company, as we have six different sales departments that are each unique and have different brand messaging parameters. In addition, I have created a number of institutional landing pages, new business presentations, email landing pages, and online customer surveys. While each of these ion experiences has a specialized target audience, they work together to build our brand. Prior to using ion interactive, we had to design custom CSS pages on our website and use several third-party resources to create the multitude of web-based marketing initiatives that we needed. Now, we are able to create everything that we want with one platform: ion Interactive. This streamlines my workflow and keeps everything consistent in terms of look and feel.
- Excellent technology for custom-branded landing pages. Our ion representative and creative contact set up our account so that one click is all that is needed to add our company’s branding colors, logo, fonts, etc. All of this populates instantly on the ion experiences I build.
- Ahead of the curve designs and functionality. The ion interactive templates and functionality are leading edge and at the forefront of today’s design standards. One thing I have noticed during my first year of using ion Interactive is how they consistently add new themes and updates. This is great because browsers, pixel settings, and mobile device viewing modes are often changing.
- Responsive designs that work! The ion Interactive templates have a really cool option when it comes to setting them up. I am able to customize the on-screen content for desktop computers, tablets and mobile phones. This is a huge benefit because we want less text on our mobile ion Interactive pages.
- The ion Interactive platform is so comprehensive and involved, it can be difficult to master at the start. It took me a few weeks to fully grasp the easy and intermediate templates, and I am still learning the advanced templates. However, once you finish an ion Interactive template, you will see that is well worth the time and effort (to learn).
- We use a leading email automation application and incorporated it into our ion campaigns, but it was hard to set up at first. Maybe they will simplify this process in the future.
- When I am working on the more involved ion Interactive experiences, I sometimes need to contact David, who is always willing to help and promptly assists me via email with great feedback and assistance. If ion continues to grow and acquire new clients, maybe they can add a live online chat function for paid customers only.
- Our company has seen the financial benefits of using the ion Interactive platform since the launch of our first experience/landing page. We have generated leads, increased engagement via links to our website’s landing pages, and used custom-built ion presentations that helped us land two important new business accounts.
- The bounce rate for our ion landing pages improved 16% over our previously used landing pages with the same on-screen text and images. We attribute this to the better user experience that ion pages afford users.
- We send online surveys to our customers approximately 4 to 6 times during the year. Prior to signing up with ion, our manually created surveys worked, but we did not get the engagement that we wanted. With ion Interactive, that has changed for the better. We are seeing a tremendous increase in engagement, and we can pull reports through the ion backend instantly.
After a few conference calls and one online presentation from ion Interactive, we realized that we had found our company's match for online content creation. The ion platform has everything we need (and more) so there is no need to work with other resources. This makes it easy, and there is no need to get confused with several different platforms that might not work well together (in terms of our brand identity), or have a slightly different look from one another.
I think ion Interactive is naturally well suited for companies of all sizes that need to take their online marketing efforts to the next level. It will require an employee with some knowledge of website design and form integration to ensure that each ion Interactive experience is set up properly. However, you can also contract with ion Interactive to have them build any template or experience for your company. We haven’t gone this route because I have the time to create them myself. In my humble opinion, ion Interactive would not be a good fit for a company that is not forward thinking, or that will not use the platform on a consistent basis. In addition, it would not benefit a company that has an outdated website, as the leading-edge and high tech look and feel of ion Interactive might confuse website users.