Monetate Review 12 of 61
Monetate Review: "Early Impressed Impressions"
August 04, 2017

Monetate Review: "Early Impressed Impressions"

Score 8 out of 101

Modules Used
Test & Segment, Intelligent Personalization Engine

Overall Satisfaction with Monetate

Monetate is currently being used exclusively by an eCommerce focused team in an attempt to grow revenue with more relevant and personalized messaging to customers. To provide a unique customer journey to each customer is the goal. In the future, there is a strong chance that more departments or the broader organization will leverage it as a tool to reach their customers.
  • Intuitive UI. I am fairly technical but discussing the product with others on my team, they all agree that it is very easy to use.
  • Monetate has taken a complex idea like personalization and has turned it into a simple problem to solve by thinking who, what, when, etc. to each situation. This was a much more elegant way to approach the problem than other vendors.
  • They have great support and seem to really care about your success, as well as have motivation to push you, the client, to get going and find success with the tool.
  • In the pre-sales process, they really want to sell you billable hours. These hours do not transfer to the next calendar year and are not refundable. It is a poor system.
  • Their technical documentation is confusing in spots and could be improved. We followed documentation, with an eyebrow raised in some cases, and then were told to go down a different path which was not listed in the documentation (but made more sense.)
  • I can't speak to the success or not of the program, but we are currently working with a third party of Monetate (who Monetate put us in touch with, as part of our billable hours.) Its not a con per se, but feels weird.
  • I have no hard numbers yet, as I noted. The impact has not yet been seen either way.
This is from a UI perspective that testing seems easy to set up and control. We have not ran a live test in production.
I have not played around with the segmentation targeting but have seen some of the experience targeting. It seems powerful.
I have not had any exposure to this yet, but I am aware of it. Once our testing runs, I suppose I will have a better grasp on it.
I have not used these yet as we have not yet ran a live test.
We are not integrated with our CRM, but are firing data back real-time and the process was for the most part, pretty easy. All data seems to be coming through, and their inspector tool to analyze what data was sent off is very helpful in the process. They have been patient in working with us to get flat files to import to supplement the data being passed in real-time.
We have not implemented a live personalization yet, so this rating is based solely on pre-sales, integration, and a handful of calls. So far, it seems promising, but I cannot share our success when we have not had the opportunity to prove it. Monetate has a strong pre-sales process and will work with you every step of the way to installation. The dashboard is intuitive and it seems promising, but I can't say if it works yet.