Overall Satisfaction with Optimizely
Optimizely has allowed the marketing team to run smaller scale tests without support from the development team, but it has also worked well in larger scale testing where the dev team has had to build the test within Optimizely.
- Easy element selector. Users don't need to know code to pick out certain elements.
- Audience inclusions and exclusions list is easy to use and straight forward.
- Clear reporting dashboard allows you to see the results and understand them quickly.
- On some tests, it takes a while to set up metrics, e.g. redirect tests. It is hard to set up metrics for both the original page and the redirect page.
- Testing sales page designs have been really useful for us, and the results we have seen have shown us where value sits within the site. From this, we have shifted our marketing priorities.
- Testing designs before we go live has been useful and in some cases stopped us from putting designs live as we saw negative results.
Optimizely is definitely scaleable but feel we would need a lot more development support for larger scale tests.
I've heard great feedback from the Marketing and Development team who use the tool. I am not particularly great with code but find it easy to set up tests on my own and feel confident putting them live using the preview tool.
We have mainly used Optimizely for testing. It has been a vital piece of software in our CRO programme and will continue to be as we carry on testing. We have not yet used the personalisation tool but would love to look into this.
Really good for being able to set up quick experiments for users who aren't familiar with code or don't want to make code changes.