Overall Satisfaction with Webexpenses
Used across the whole organization by those who claim expenses. It addresses issues with manual input by automating the process and making it easier to claim for multiple different types of expenses during the month. Very helpful.
- Allowing you to copy a claim.
- Telling you if your claim is incomplete.
- Allowing you to attach a receipt to multiple items.
- Journey manager is very tricky to amend routes on, this is a huge annoyance for me.
- Adding impractical routes as standard and being extremely difficult to correct.
- The mobile app doesn't work well for taking photos of receipts and allowing you to attach them to the right claim lines.
Journey manager is incredibly difficult to use and a constant source of frustration, but the duplication of expense claims is very useful and the ability to edit once you've submitted something. I also like how you can save some items as drafts and then go back to add to them at a later date, i.e. if you don't have a receipt on you when you first add a claim, you can add this later.
I have used the services for submitting travel claims and expenses as instructed by my company, unsure on cost savings, etc.
Do you think Webexpenses delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Webexpenses's feature set?
Did Webexpenses live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Webexpenses go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Webexpenses again?
Well suited for allowing you to copy claims for identical expenses you incur daily Not well-suited when you have to adjust a route on the journey manager and this is extremely difficult to do so - if you make an error you have to come out of the entire window and start again, as correcting the route once you've made a mistake is nearly impossible. This is compounded when you have a long route to make and the suggested route is consistently wrong/takes you round a roundabout multiple times, etc.