Score 7.4 out of 10

Yes and No

July 08, 2022
I use the platform for media monitoring and reporting. It allows me to see the coverage of stories created by the University to meet KPIs …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform, and make your voice heard!

30 people want pricing too

What is Brandwatch?

Brandwatch, from Cision (acquired February 2021) is an enterprise social intelligence platform that is designed to allow brands to listen and analyze online conversation to extract meaningful insights, inform their business decisions and understand more about the return on their marketing spend.

What is PRunderground.com?

PRUnderground is a media distribution tool for public relations, from the company of the same name headquartered in New York.

Product Demos

The New Meltwater
00:50

What is Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform?

Meltwater Media Intelligence platform is a set of public relations software tools for media monitoring, social media monitoring, and collecting brand insights. The four areas of functionality are Monitor, Analyze, Distribute, and Engage. (Note that this product combines features from the vendor Meltwater's former Buzz, Press, and News products.)

Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform Video

The Meltwater Media Intelligence Solution

Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform Competitors

Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform Technical Details

Cision Communications Cloud, Agility PR Solutions, and Mention are common alternatives for Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 7.9.

The most common users of Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees).

In my previous roles, we have had good customer service with timely responses to our problems and trainings on media searches, etc. They typically took our feedback and tried to improve the software. However, in my current position, we do not have a point person and this leads to less use of the software within the company in my opinion.
July 08, 2022

Yes and No

The initial customer service representative we had was very responsive, but the new one is not nearly as helpful. Also quite slow to respond. Issues raised months ago have still not been addressed.
Maya DeJoie | TrustRadius Reviewer
The platform has served us well and its team has done a great job of taking our feedback and implementing it into future developments. While there is potential to improve, we are actually seeing those improvements become a part of the plans for future updates.
I don't often need help - but when I've pinged them about an outdated media contact, they really don't get back to me. They need to do a better job of keeping that database updated. I don't know what else to say here. Sorry, I wish I could share more.
Our account rep at Meltwater went dark for a long time. Then, a couple of weeks ago, our new account manager reached out to set up a meeting. Apparently, they had a big shakeup in the company, and there were some personnel changes. Our new account rep was great in discussing the platform's capabilities that were available to us and even offered to schedule a follow-up meeting with his technical team to introduce our new social media team members to the platform and how it could help them with their jobs.
Kristen M. Kirst | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our account rep and the customer service team have been attentive and helped us navigate new offerings and platform features. In addition, as we have had account users added, our account rep has been available to train and provide any helpful tips so they can use the tool effectively in a short amount of time.
December 12, 2021

Jordan's Meltwater Review

Jordan Wilhelmi | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is invaluable to my everyday work and I simply don't know how I'd do my job without it. It is such an intuitive tool as a public relations professional and its ability to meet our's and our client's exact needs is what has allowed our boutique firm to thrive and grow, year upon year.
October 18, 2021

Good Value for the Price

Jenna Carpentier | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our customer success team was fantastic. It consisted of three individuals who worked together on our various needs. They were very responsive and always happy to help. They even came into our physical office once to meet the team and discuss strategy and our needs. I will say we didn't realize at first how much they would do for us. Therefore, we tried setting up our searches and everything on our own. Then we found out they could set up and manage everything for us. In addition, whenever we wanted a change made, we could call or email them, and they'd make the updates (all the searches are based on boolean queries). I feel like they were pretty hands-off in the beginning to let us self-manage our account/search queries/dashboards/etc. However, once we found out that having them manage it was already included in what we were paying for, we let them know that was our preference, and they became much more involved and hands-on. I think they'll adapt to whatever you prefer and what your needs are. I just wish it had been made more abundantly clear from the very beginning that having them set up and manage everything was an option.
Customer service was better than average. They're easy to reach and provide quick responses when issues arise. Unfortunately, [in my experience,] the customer service team is the best part about Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform].
Jackie Beckwith | TrustRadius Reviewer
The Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] customer success team is always available, very responsive via email, and the "help" feature embedded within the account is great.
Cathy Renna | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have always had excellent experiences - from troubleshooting to meeting with my reps in person and developing a true relationship - they care about the success of my work and my firm. They go above and beyond and stay in touch.
Terrible responsiveness from the team except to up-sell services. The time dedicated to helping you set up a functioning account disappears once the money is in the bank and there is no hope for selling further upgrades.
Matthew Simms | TrustRadius Reviewer
There is little follow up after the initial sale. It seemed that Meltwater is willing to negotiate any terms possible to meet quarterly sales goals. Then they leave the customers in the dark.
After we purchased the tool, our team was given a login and a training site, and then we were left to "dig in" for ourselves. After struggling with getting the tool implemented, I asked for a call and did get some assistance, but could use many more calls to learn the platform. There are lots of on-demand training, but with such a robust tool, it would be nice for some 1-1 training, especially for the price paid.

I will say that when reaching out to their customer support team, they are extremely quick to respond or assist as they can.
Mark Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Meltwater is very impressive software, but if you don't have someone to help you through it, you might get lost. However, a great feature that does come with your Meltwater package are an account rep, or two, who are available to help you with set up, management and cover all questions.
Alexis Ramsey | TrustRadius Reviewer
Meltwater Madia Intelligence Platform technical support was responsive at first, but as issues piled up, they because less reactive promptly. The team stopped putting in tickets and just "accepted" the problems. The reps did not help escalate any issues that were pressing, and instead only responded if you wanted to purchase another software or inquire about a contract renewal.
Jacy, my account rep, responds within minutes of my emails. When I send a note to general support (to update a media influencer's information, for example), that is responded to immediately, and they've never taken more than 24 hours to resolve it completely. They are attentive, they are fast, and they are effective. They don't just acknowledge that they've received my request - they actually resolve the problem. If the problem takes longer than an hour or so, they email me with updates, so I don't wonder if they're still working on it.