Reviews (1-8 of 8)
March 11, 2020
We had a client that was using an old unitrends system, but they kept running out of local storage space, and kept having to remove backups just so backups could run. We wanted a good AWS compatible option, and MSP360 was that option. We use this to run backups nightly and run straight into AWS Glacier storage.
- Super easy interface.
- Quick setup.
- Can save to really any cloud storage without issue.
- The CloudBackup Drive has some issues.
- Would be nice to have a single interface to manage all my servers.
- Requires a console on each machine being backed up.
Read chris maddox's full review
We use this to run nightly backups to AWS Glacier storage. It runs great. Super easy to use. Even licensing is great. If you need to move the install to a new device, you just remove the license from the old and can reuse it on the new. You can do local backups, and cloud backups.
We use MSP360 Backup to backup virtual machines, image disks, and files from many clients that we have. We use the 3-2-1 backup rule with this software in order to provide secure backup.
- Great management panel from the web. You can add and configure existing backup plans without access to the endpoint server.
- You can limit cloud usage for customers and servers.
- You can transfer entire servers or virtual machines to cloud.
- You can backup files, disks, or virtual machines to local and cloud locations.
- Using the software could be simpler. There are many configuration options in backup plans that can be confusing.
- Sometimes errors occur in backups of hyper-v VMs that disappear on their own as if the software were problematic.
Read this authenticated review
MSP360 Backup could be used in many scenarios to backup virtual machines, transfer them to Azure or AWS, backup files and folders from computer to cloud, and even backup to local and cloud in the same plan. If you have too many VMs in a server, you will probably have issues with backing up some of them for no apparent reason.
October 03, 2019
We use Cloudberry as our primary backup agent for all of our clients and internal systems.
Read Thomas Pires's full review
Cloudberry has been the answer to all our questions related to storage and backup solutions.
We use it to interface with Backblaze B2 as a white-labeled product to provide endpoint and server backups to clients that don't have sensitive data and want a good price.
Read Daniel Cauley's full review
I love CloudBerry Backup and the fact that there isn't an OS it doesn't work on. Once you know how to set it up it is hard not to want to use it anywhere you can. Where ever you need to white label a storage solution, CloudBerry Backup can provide it.
October 03, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
My company uses it to back up client files on a daily basis. It helps us restore files when they are deleted. We are able to quickly set up a backup and monitor it as it runs overnight. We are able to protect company files and assist our clients in case they are ever crypto locked or have bad hardware.
- It's easy to set up.
- The file restore process is simple.
- Lots of variety in backup stores.
- The errors are hard to decipher.
- I have had to contact CloudBerry multiple times for assistance.
- Updating the appliance multiple times due to performance issues.
Read this authenticated review
CloudBerry is easy to manage. Emails are very detailed. You can monitor the servers from the main CloudBerry Labs portal. You can see if your client's machine is turned on, when their latest backup occurred, and if they have a license attached to their backup. It's a pretty straightforward process once you get past the learning curve.
January 29, 2019
We use it as our backup solution for our MSP. We have had good success with it.
Read this authenticated review
CloudBerry Backup works well for server backups and workstations. It is an application great for MSP's. It might be a little difficult for an end user to configure with certain cloud storage solutions.
CloudBerry is a great solution to backup a server or workstation to either the cloud, locally or both. I installed it on two servers a couple of years ago and have had VERY good results with it. I backup those servers both locally to an in-house NAS and to AWS for offsite cloud backups. This software is very easy to configure and use. Love it!
- Low cost backup solution for servers and workstations that is easy to setup and manager and it works!
- I love the file level backups with ransomware protection also. Perfect for file servers.
- None that I have found.
Read David Judice's full review
I have found CloudBerry is an excellent solution for file server and workstation backups. Very easy to set up and manage the backup plans. Works well with AWS Cloud storage also, as well as local network or USB attached storage. I LOVE the bandwidth management and the ability to schedule different bandwidth limits for different days and times.
May 21, 2018
We utilize CloudberryLab Managed backup Services to handle the cloud backups for our clients. 100 companies, with a total of 150 Machines/licenses. We utilize MBS to back up our client data and machine images to both Google and Amazon Cloud Storage services as well as to local USB/NAS drives. Having client-side encryption as well as redundant backup locations at a reasonable price point makes Cloudberry MBS the ideal solution for SMB clients such as ours.
- A wide array of choices for Backend storage - We use Amazon, Google, Backblaze and Wasabi
- Flexible Retention policies - We keep data/versions locally for one year, at Google for 90 days, and at Amazon for 30 days.
- Extremely low price point allowing us to charge prices that are competitive with Mozy and provide fully managed backup services
- Extremely powerful central management console allowing us to monitor, edit, and run backups and restores for all client devices from any computer or mobile device
- Reporting of summarized historical Backup activity by the client is weaker than it could be. Cloudberry has reached out via their Customer Forum to gather requirements and preferences, indicating that they are aware that it needs additional development
- The hybrid backup implementation is powerful (Local backup with data sent to Cloud afterward) but lacks the ability to have different retention periods for each destination
Read Steve Putnam's full review
For any Managed Service Provider (MSP) that offers backups services to its clients, Cloudberry MBS is a winning solution. It is fast, powerful, flexible and priced to provide room for decent profit margins for the MSP. MSP's that handle clients so large that they need Appliance-based backups and recovery will need more sophisticated (read pricier) solutions, but for the vast majority of customers that have 1-10 servers, CloudberryLab MBS is an excellent solution.
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Scorecard Summary
About MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup)
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Screenshots
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Integrations
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|CloudBerry Backup Free||$0||Per server|
|CloudBerry Backup Pro||29.99||Per server|
|CloudBerry Backup Server||119.99||Per server|
|CloudBerry Backup Ultimate||299.99||Per server|
|CloudBerry Backup MS SQL||149.99||Per server|
|CloudBerry Backup MS Exchange||229.99||Per server|
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Languages:||German, Dutch, English, Spanish, French, Magyar, Italian, Chinese, Netherlands, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Japanese|