Reviews (1-8 of 8)
March 11, 2020
We had a client that was using an old unitrends system, but they kept running out of local storage space, and kept having to remove backups just so backups could run. We wanted a good AWS compatible option, and MSP360 was that option. We use this to run backups nightly and run straight into AWS Glacier storage.
- Super easy interface.
- Quick setup.
- Can save to really any cloud storage without issue.
- The CloudBackup Drive has some issues.
- Would be nice to have a single interface to manage all my servers.
- Requires a console on each machine being backed up.
We use this to run nightly backups to AWS Glacier storage. It runs great. Super easy to use. Even licensing is great. If you need to move the install to a new device, you just remove the license from the old and can reuse it on the new. You can do local backups, and cloud backups.
Read chris maddox's full review
I have not had to reach out to their support. However, when we were elvaluating options and looking at MSP360, their reps did a great job. They were able to answer our questions quickly, andf had a real understanding of their product and all the ways that it could be deployed.
We use MSP360 Backup to backup virtual machines, image disks, and files from many clients that we have. We use the 3-2-1 backup rule with this software in order to provide secure backup.
- Great management panel from the web. You can add and configure existing backup plans without access to the endpoint server.
- You can limit cloud usage for customers and servers.
- You can transfer entire servers or virtual machines to cloud.
- You can backup files, disks, or virtual machines to local and cloud locations.
- Using the software could be simpler. There are many configuration options in backup plans that can be confusing.
- Sometimes errors occur in backups of hyper-v VMs that disappear on their own as if the software were problematic.
MSP360 Backup could be used in many scenarios to backup virtual machines, transfer them to Azure or AWS, backup files and folders from computer to cloud, and even backup to local and cloud in the same plan. If you have too many VMs in a server, you will probably have issues with backing up some of them for no apparent reason.
Read this authenticated review
Support is great and they respond quickly by phone or email and are always willing to help.
October 03, 2019
We use Cloudberry as our primary backup agent for all of our clients and internal systems.
Cloudberry has been the answer to all our questions related to storage and backup solutions.
Read Thomas Pires's full review
Support is there when emailed and provide decent answers and insight when needed.
We use it to interface with Backblaze B2 as a white-labeled product to provide endpoint and server backups to clients that don't have sensitive data and want a good price.
I love CloudBerry Backup and the fact that there isn't an OS it doesn't work on. Once you know how to set it up it is hard not to want to use it anywhere you can. Where ever you need to white label a storage solution, CloudBerry Backup can provide it.
Read Daniel Cauley's full review
As a white-labeled product, there are a ton of online storage options that will sync with it including one that CloudBerry sells themselves, along with AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Backups. It works on all operating systems including Windows 10, Windows server, Apple OS X and also with Linux and .DEB and RPM.
October 03, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
My company uses it to back up client files on a daily basis. It helps us restore files when they are deleted. We are able to quickly set up a backup and monitor it as it runs overnight. We are able to protect company files and assist our clients in case they are ever crypto locked or have bad hardware.
- It's easy to set up.
- The file restore process is simple.
- Lots of variety in backup stores.
- The errors are hard to decipher.
- I have had to contact CloudBerry multiple times for assistance.
- Updating the appliance multiple times due to performance issues.
CloudBerry is easy to manage. Emails are very detailed. You can monitor the servers from the main CloudBerry Labs portal. You can see if your client's machine is turned on, when their latest backup occurred, and if they have a license attached to their backup. It's a pretty straightforward process once you get past the learning curve.
Read this authenticated review
It's easy to set up, but a few things prevent it from being great. All the computers require one license. You have to stay on top of it, otherwise you fill up data storage with outdated and unused data. It's super easy to call CloudBerry for support and they are very friendly to work with. It's difficult as a tech when you want to fix the issue, but you are relying on technical support. Many times an error happens and you cannot find a single issue. The only solution is to update the application and hope the newest build fixed the issue.
CloudBerry is a great solution to backup a server or workstation to either the cloud, locally or both. I installed it on two servers a couple of years ago and have had VERY good results with it. I backup those servers both locally to an in-house NAS and to AWS for offsite cloud backups. This software is very easy to configure and use. Love it!
- Low cost backup solution for servers and workstations that is easy to setup and manager and it works!
- I love the file level backups with ransomware protection also. Perfect for file servers.
- None that I have found.
I have found CloudBerry is an excellent solution for file server and workstation backups. Very easy to set up and manage the backup plans. Works well with AWS Cloud storage also, as well as local network or USB attached storage. I LOVE the bandwidth management and the ability to schedule different bandwidth limits for different days and times.
Read David Judice's full review
Excellent support with very quick response and quick resolution of my issues. I am very happy with my experience with their support department and feel comfortable they can and will resolve any issues I have quickly and completely. I feel that they care about my experience with their product and take ownership of any problems.
May 21, 2018
We utilize CloudberryLab Managed backup Services to handle the cloud backups for our clients. 100 companies, with a total of 150 Machines/licenses. We utilize MBS to back up our client data and machine images to both Google and Amazon Cloud Storage services as well as to local USB/NAS drives. Having client-side encryption as well as redundant backup locations at a reasonable price point makes Cloudberry MBS the ideal solution for SMB clients such as ours.
- A wide array of choices for Backend storage - We use Amazon, Google, Backblaze and Wasabi
- Flexible Retention policies - We keep data/versions locally for one year, at Google for 90 days, and at Amazon for 30 days.
- Extremely low price point allowing us to charge prices that are competitive with Mozy and provide fully managed backup services
- Extremely powerful central management console allowing us to monitor, edit, and run backups and restores for all client devices from any computer or mobile device
- Reporting of summarized historical Backup activity by the client is weaker than it could be. Cloudberry has reached out via their Customer Forum to gather requirements and preferences, indicating that they are aware that it needs additional development
- The hybrid backup implementation is powerful (Local backup with data sent to Cloud afterward) but lacks the ability to have different retention periods for each destination
Read Steve Putnam's full review
For any Managed Service Provider (MSP) that offers backups services to its clients, Cloudberry MBS is a winning solution. It is fast, powerful, flexible and priced to provide room for decent profit margins for the MSP. MSP's that handle clients so large that they need Appliance-based backups and recovery will need more sophisticated (read pricier) solutions, but for the vast majority of customers that have 1-10 servers, CloudberryLab MBS is an excellent solution.
January 29, 2019
We use it as our backup solution for our MSP. We have had good success with it.
Read this authenticated review
CloudBerry Backup works well for server backups and workstations. It is an application great for MSP's. It might be a little difficult for an end user to configure with certain cloud storage solutions.
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Scorecard Summary
What is MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup)?
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) is a leading cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution. MSP360 Backup is integrated with major public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. The vendor says MSP360 Backup comes with powerful, easy-to-use backup and disaster recovery capabilities, including file-level and image-based backups, disaster recovery to virtual machines in the cloud, data compression and military-grade encryption using customer-controlled keys. Customers can run MSP360 Backup on Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems as well as on a variety of NAS devices. MSP360 also provides a turnkey, white-label data protection service to thousands of VARs and MSPs to help them build their brand in the cloud backup market. Since 2012, the compan MSP360 (formerly CloudBerry Lab) has been an Amazon Web Services Advanced Technology Partner. MSP360 has also achieved Storage Competency Partner status in the AWS Partner Network.
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Screenshots
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Integrations
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Competitors
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|CloudBerry Backup Free||$0.00||Per server|
|CloudBerry Backup Pro||$29.99||Per server|
|CloudBerry Backup Server||$119.99||Per server|
|CloudBerry Backup Ultimate||$299.99||Per server|
|CloudBerry Backup MS SQL||$149.99||Per server|
|CloudBerry Backup MS Exchange||$229.99||Per server|
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Languages:||German, Dutch, English, Spanish, French, Magyar, Italian, Chinese, Netherlands, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Japanese|
Frequently Asked Questions
CloudBerry Backup is a cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution. It is integrated with major public cloud services and comes with complete backup and disaster recovery capabilities like data compression and military-grade encryption using customer-controlled keys.
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.4.
The most common users of MSP360 Backup (formerly CloudBerry Backup) are from Small Businesses and the Information Technology & Services industry.