Zoho Chat Reviews

Do you work for this company?

The chat tool started as an experimental add-on for our support and sales team. But over time it has proven to be a fantastic addition to our customer contact toolset. It keeps track of visitor logs which lets our sales team be more effective when they are having a conversation with a potential client. The fact that we can track where a live visitor has come from and the path they are taking through our website is also incredibly useful data for our client engagement team. We can see what pages our clients most engage with and where they are most likely to contact us or take actions. It is also really easy to use so it required very little training for our contact team to be able to handle chats from incoming users.
  • Its interface is really simple to use so you don't need to spend a lot of time training your people to manage incoming contacts.
  • The visitor tracking is excellent. It will provide a lot of very useful data for your team to see what works on your site and what doesn't.
  • It integrates really well with other Zoho apps.
  • Their support is excellent. We got useful, informative responses from them when we had to contact them.
  • Initial set up can be a little daunting if you aren't a tech-savvy person. For large organizations, this might not matter since you would have a dedicated IT team that will handle it (as we did) but if you are a small business owner looking to set this up yourself, I imagine it would take some trial and error to get working.
If you have a website through which your clients engage (either sales or support) your offerings, then you absolutely need a live chat tool. Having used Zoho for a while now, I can absolutely recommend it. If you have not used a chat tool before but you have an online store then you should definitely explore this option. They offer a free trial so you can test it to see what response you get but for sales related websites, this will pay for itself.
Vince McConville profile photo
I use Zoho chat as part of the wider Zoho suite of products under the Zoho One banner, In particular, I use it within the Zoho CRM element to communicate with a number of Clients I have implemented Zoho with. I also use other Chat/Web Comms systems with clients such as Skype, Google Hangouts, Zoom. It's whatever suits the client but Zoho Chat is very useful to me as my own CRM is ZohoCRM so it is nice to have the integration.
I also use the Chat via my mobile using the Zoho Cliq app which is great as I'm not always at my desk so don't miss new messages from clients.
  • Integration with the Zoho CRM
  • Easy to use both on desktop & mobile
  • Choice of Chat, Audio Call or Video call. All of which work well
  • Not missing functionality as such but would be useful to record audio chats
  • Zoho not as widely adopted than other Chat clients like Hangouts/Skype
Zoho as a chat / comms tool is up there with the rest of the pack in terms of functionality & ease of use. It's lack of widespread adoption that holds it back. So definitely suited to businesses who already utilise other Zoho products. It is free to use anyway as part of the Cliq so there isn't really a big barrier to adoption. The only thing missing from the free versions are things like Secret Chats, Team & External Channels. Other than that it's pretty much unlimited
Read Vince McConville's full review

Zoho Chat Scorecard Summary

About Zoho Chat

Zoho Chat is a live chat tool, from Zoho Corporation.