Overall Satisfaction with Deputy
Deputy is used to roster crew for 3 vessels in a charter boat operation. It assists in communicating regular crewing changes due to last minute bookings, boat changes etc. We also use Deputy to communicate important updates to our crew. The onboarding function has also been really useful and a huge timesaver. And the clocking in and out function is invaluable for time sheets. The time sheets as well as the export to Xero function has reduced our payroll processing time to less than 5 mins (this used to take over an hour).
- Rostering - easy changes, updates, can see easily that crew have accepted their shifts.
- Onboarding - collects all employee info plus HR forms which can then be exported directly to Xero. What was once a cumbersome process is no longer.
- Timesheets - easily approve timesheets and export to Xero is a big timesaver on pay day.
- The onboarding function sometimes doesn't work and the forms don't come through correctly. The employee then has to redo it. I am not sure why.
- Sometimes halfway through a news feed message it just glitches out and you lose everything, this is very frustrating.
- Sometime attachments to news feed wont open properly.
- I would like to see an option to schedule news feed messages to be sent at a specific date/time this would help with setting up our runsheets to go out over the weekends and holidays.
- The search function in news feed can be hard to use to find what you need.
- Time saved processing pays, rostering and on boarding.
- Improved communication with our team.
- Accurate payroll with clocking in and out.
Do you think Deputy delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Deputy's feature set?
Did Deputy live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Deputy go as expected?
Would you buy Deputy again?
It it very user friendly! We love using it with our team. I only didn't give 10 because it sometimes experiences glitches which can be problematic, but these do appear to be getting less lately. I would be a bit lost without Deputy to be honest. It's a lifesaver. Well done.
Deputy has been great for our team. The set up process was not too painful. As with any new software there was a learning curve, but the team at Deputy were really helpful in setting things up. We had to set up multiple locations and different crew levels, etc. Thanks for your help with this Deputy.
Deputy is great for businesses with lots of casual staff working in multiple locations. Also, where there are regular changes to rostered hours. I wouldn't imagine that this would be useful for businesses with lots of full time staff on regular hours. It has been amazing for our business and we would be a bit lost without it now.