November 01, 2021
Gatlinburg Craftsmen’s FairEvents Services, 11-50 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Deputy
We use it to schedule employees for our events. It is a successful tool to assign preferred employees for an area, to track who is available if someone is ill and cannot make their shift, to track hours for payroll and to control overtime, as well as to assign set break schedules whether paid or unpaid. It helps me to assure I have an area covered with color coded area markers that I assign. The employee interface would be very useful for those who have smart phone savvy employees; however most of ours are seasonal retirement age folks who do not use the interface. Deputy has also rolled put some features for training that would be useful to those users as well.
- Organizes available employees for a shift.
- Tracks how many hours an employee has worked; stress levels noted as you go.
- Organizes who you have assigned as best suited for an area of work and can auto-populate a schedule for you based on that information.
- Makes keeping reusable templates for shift easy.
- Downloading employee hours worked is simple. You can integrate with a payroll company or pass along the database to your payroll company.
- For my older folks, I would love a monthly paper calendar option to print for each employee. I have created this manually for years and it is time consuming!
- An option to keep the break times as is even if adding time to the beginning or ending of a shift.
- Ability to alphabetize the list of employees.
- Improved accuracy in scheduling.
- Improved reports for payroll.
- Improved accuracy for payroll.
- Less overtime to pay out.
Do you think Deputy delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Deputy's feature set?
Did Deputy live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Deputy go as expected?
Would you buy Deputy again?
When you make your first template, be sure to set it for the most used shift scenario you will create, and then the next most used and so on. Those that you tweak occasionally depending on the person in that role on that day can be tweaked later, but the template is set for how you want the shift set up for most people fulfilling that role on most days you will assign that shift.