Overall Satisfaction with HireVue
We use HireVue within our recruiting function specifically aimed at attracting and screening candidates for an entry level inside sales role. This is the only position we hire externally for so essentially it is used for all recruiting purposes across the organization. HireVue addresses the problem of how inefficient the screening process for candidates can be and allows us to maximize how time is spent within this process.
- Allows for a standardized screening process where it's not left up to the one person that would traditionally be doing the phone screen.
- Provides the benefits of a Skype/Video interview but in a much more efficient way because both parties can interact on their own accord.
- Gives insight into how a candidate conducts themselves verbally & visually.
- Some candidates find it a bit uncomfortable to record themselves and have mentioned that it's a bit impersonal.
- Using it as the sole tool for screening candidates can have negative impacts as some candidates might not perform well while recording themselves and need human interaction.
- Candidates may shy away from following through with the interview process if they don't have a webcam readily accessible.
- Increased Efficiency - Traditionally, there would be a phone screen, then a phone interview, and then a series of in office interviews. HireVue allows us to speed this up and reduce the steps necessary in the recruiting process.
- Increased Collaboration - Hiring managers, recruiters, and anyone involved in the hiring process are able to collaborate among each other much easier with HireVue and the structure it provides to the recruiting process.
- More transparency - Traditionally, the recruiter doing the phone interviews would have to relay information onto the managers and more-or-less "fill them in" on the candidate before the in-person interview. With HireVue, hiring managers are able to get the same exact information on the candidate as the recruiter instead of it being reported to them.
I'd recommend HireVue because it is a great tool to have in your recruiting and hiring repertoire. It's not an end-all-be-all tool for recruiting and hiring because some candidates find that it's a bit impersonal and crave back and forth human interaction in the interview process. However it's a great piece of the recruiting technology stack.