JIRA is the most easy to use project management software out there
Overall Satisfaction with JIRA Software
projects within our company. It is a corporate-wide engagement with JIRA
with several businesses that use it independently with a corporate
administrator to manage the tool. We use it for very large projects, like Salesforce
rollouts, as well as smaller projects like minor enhancements or bug fixes across
all key software environments.
- It is a great tool to link documents and documentation to specific user stories to keep things organized.
- It has a great user management feature to help us plug resources into the right projects and remove users as they move on to other work.
- It has sold plug-and-play options that you can elect to use or deselect in order not to cloud the interface.
- The look and feel is a bit sterile, which is both good and bad. Some nice skins to make it easily customizable to our existing corporate color schemes would be nice.
- Cost is always a place for improvement. JIRA is not overly expensive, but in a market where there are a ton of options, price is a negotiation point.
- Better integrations with vendor/partners using the same tool would help onboard offshore resources we occasionally use.
- Better prioritization of user stories and resources.
- Better tracking of resources.
- Better documentation container to store relevant information.
looking but is very functional. It meets all of our needs, with room to grow as
our projects and resources expand into the future. It has some customizable options
for reporting and tracking that help us draw out the info we need to be
successful as project managers. JIRA is a great tool for partnering with IT and Finance
to account for resource use and expenses.
JIRA gives us easy access to experts in the fields we need who have
knowledge of JIRA. All of our vendors, as well as most of our internal hires, have
already been exposed to JIRA, making onboarding swift and clean. We support
ourselves, so we do not have a lot of interactions with JIRA as a troubleshooting
service, but they have always been there when we did need them. It’s just easy to implement option in a crowded space of project management
JIRA is the most advanced and robust of all the tools we
looked at to manage our projects and specifically our Agile processes. It is
flexible and robust, very professional-looking and widely used. Many of the
other options we looked at were a bit childish in their interfaces or perhaps
more geared towards creative-type who need lots of color splashes and photos to
stay engaged. From a price and package standpoint, JIRA was the clear winner.
roll-out of Salesforce when we were starting with nothing. It helped us manage
the scale of the implementation and keep track of resources. The user stories
you can create help to make manageable bite-sized workloads out of larger
multi-people and multi-month tasks.