Overall Satisfaction with TeamViewer
We use TeamViewer to access remote machines that house our accounting systems. The program allows remote users to gain access to accounting information and input invoices, receipts, change orders and anything else that our accounting teams needs. We also use it to access estimating programs that don't work well over VPN connections.
- Remote access.
- Using local equipment to print while in remote session.
- Showing others what is happening on their screen.
- Remote support.
- Remote interface not as intuitive as other remote access clients.
- Auto delete program after remote session is complete.
- MS Outlook Add-in crashes a lot.
- Allows remote users to process accounting information.
- Allows remote users to access estimating programs that don't work over VPN.
- Gets needed information into our server applications in a timely manner.
Do you think TeamViewer delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with TeamViewer's feature set?
Did TeamViewer live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of TeamViewer go as expected?
Would you buy TeamViewer again?
This program helps our remote users keeps up with the tasks needed to complete accounting and estimating tasks. Since users can access the remote machines from anywhere - including tables and phones they can easily enter information when they have it ready. This keeps our accounting and estimating departments up to date with current information.
We require all users to use two-factor authentication when ever they log in to a remote machine using TeamViewer. By using two factor your can be assured that only users that have been granted access can gain control of the remote machines and manipulate company data. Since we are not involved in the medical industry I can't comment on HIPAA requirements.
I have a hard time giving TeamViewer a 10 since there are issues with the setup of the remote interface and removing it from a remote machine after an ad-hoc session requires that you uninstall the program from the remote client. This program has also been associated with scammers in the past and has been used to access client computers to plant viruses and extort money. But if you are using in internally then there is no issue with access from unknown users. So it is a good program for internal use.