Overall Satisfaction with TriNet
My current company uses TriNet across the organization as a hub for information on employee benefits, company information, paychecks/pay dates, and training courses among other various features. As a recently onboarded employee, TriNet was used to review new hire documentation as well as fill out the necessary government documentation needed for a new job. This platform presents "tasks" to the employee to be completed and marks what has been done, what needs to be done, and what is still in a pending status.
- TriNet outlines necessary tasks that are due and need to be completed within a necessary timeframe.
- There is a chat feature that assists with any questions that might arise while using the site.
- When signing up for benefits, it is easy to view and compare the different benefit packages and how they differ from one another in regards to the perks and monetary differences.
- The benefits listed are more of an outlined breakdown with the facts about each package and monetary numbers. It might be more helpful to give a more detailed description of each plan and in which situation this would work for the employee.
There is a chat feature which pops up immediately at the bottom right-hand side of the screen. Utilizing this feature will connect you directly with a TriNet employee. When I used their chat feature I asked them various questions about benefits as well as more general questions about using their site. They were quick to respond and helpful to my situation.
The website is very user-friendly, but as a new user there were a few situations that caused me to be unsure about editing information that I had already put into the system and locating certain areas of the site. I give it a 9 out of 10, because I did have to utilize their chat feature for help a few times, however, once an agent got in touch it was easy to figure out from there.
- TriNet helps make employee onboarding, selecting benefits, and viewing payroll information easy.
TriNet is extremely straightforward which is very beneficial in an environment that is work from home where most employees are now navigating software on their own instead of in an office setting.
Do you think TriNet delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with TriNet's feature set?
Did TriNet live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of TriNet go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy TriNet again?
Though I have only used TriNet for a short time so far, I would say that it is extremely user friendly and is appropriate for employees of a company in any given situation; whether that be they have been recently onboarded or have been with the company for a few years.