Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) is a Microsoft Cloud subscription service that includes Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access). The software can be installed across multiple devices and ensures that users always have the most…
A tool to make scheduling the next meeting easier with calendar integrations, booking pages, and customization. Trying to schedule a meeting can lead to the hassle of back-and-forth emailing to find a time that works. (“Next month is a no-go, too. Should we try for 3 p.m. CT after…
Vivaldi is a web browser that is free to use, but that includes a customizable interface, tab tiling and web panels as organizational elements, email management features, and an integrated calendar, to make it a task and work organization solution. It is developed by Vivaldi Technologies…
WeStrive is presented as an all-in-one toolkit for goriwng a Personal Training Business. It is a personal training platform designed to allow users to save time managing a day-to-day business, help grow through program sales/client outreach, provide intuitive program-building tools,…
Aderant Milana is a calendaring and docketing solution, used to reduce firm risk of malpractice suits stemming from missed deadlines and court rules changes. It brings new capabilities to docketers and streamlines the flow of information for attorneys and staff.
CalendarRules is an automated court rules-based calendaring for law firms, now from Clio since the July 2021 acquisition.
ArcCalendar is a scheduling tool to book appointments with customers with a single click, that includes administration features. The application is scalable and can be customized to meet the needs of small and large teams. Scheduling A meeting with customers can be booked by sharing…
Allcal, from All Calendars LLC in Texas, lets users create interactive, real-time calendars for use cases like a baseball team, nonprofit, or book clubs, with an enterprise plan. The user can share a public calendar of events by creating a public calendar for a business, venue, or…
What is Calendar Software?
Though keeping a business calendar is not a new concept, calendar software helps users transition to a digital method of keeping track of business and personal appointments. They also assist in organizing tasks and appointments. Though they work great for individuals, they are highly recommended and useful for large group settings and business contexts.
Calendar software also allows you to share your schedule with coworkers or business contacts. Rather than manually checking your schedule to check availability, the software allows you to share your calendar with others to view. This affords both parties more flexibility to book meetings around their respective schedules.
Additionally, calendar software will send notifications to remind you of upcoming appointments. Users can typically configure these alerts and notifications and receive them via email, SMS, or through other online communication platforms like Slack or Microsoft Teams. An effective online calendar will be quick to learn how to use and easily accessible. It should also be able to be used across multiple devices for convenience and sharing purposes.
Calendar Software Features
Most online calendar software will include the following features:
- Calendar sync
- Calendar reminder system
- Collaboration tools
- Support for multiple devices
- Room booking
- Meeting scheduling
- Task management
- Website integration
- Email integration
Calendar Software Comparison
When researching the calendar software, keep the following considerations in mind:
- Support for multiple devices: Many people use multiple devices (e.g. desktop computer, laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.) for work purposes. Thus it’s best to find a calendar software that can work on multiple devices and has both mobile and desktop applications available. No matter where you find yourself during the day, you’re going to be thankful to have the ability to pull out your calendar at any given moment.
- Customization: Make sure you find an online calendar tool that you can customize and personalize to meet your business needs.
- Ease of use: Having a Calendar Software should be as easy as having a physical calendar. Make sure that the software is easy to use and learn, as well as easy to share with your peers and/or coworkers. Having difficulty trying to learn how to use the calendar may result in lost time.
For more premium online calendar features, expect to pay between $8-$60 per month. Some software vendors require requests for pricing quotes for exact numbers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Calendar software is a much more convenient alternative to physical calendars because they offer:
- Ability to access them from anywhere with an internet connection
- Ability to share and sync calendars with coworkers
- Alerts and notifications so you don’t miss appointments
- Support for syncing your calendar across multiple devices