https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/T3/KI/JVECOPT0CJWO.PNGGainsight review - 300+ Client Success Manager groupWe use Gainsight (GS) in our Client Success department, which is primarily responsible for customer service for existing advertising accounts, along with upsells and renewals for those accounts. Gainsight gives us a much more structured approach to portfolio management, along with unique visibility into account attributes and directed activities for our CSMs. Gainsight has helped us address the following business needs: Stronger onboarding of new accountsAnnual plan of action for each account in a portfolio Targeted, action based reasons to call based on customized triggers for our accounts Gain visibility into trends we may not have seen otherwiseStructured approach to proactive communication, along with specific milestones we'd like to achieve on each call,Support. We have required a lot of customization of the product and GS has always been responsive and helpful. This is true not only for product implementation, but also with technical barriers we've needed addressed over the years The product reinforces a philosophy of putting the customer needs first, along with strengthening our own customer support. This has been very helpful in getting buy-in to our new approach, since every level of our technology mirrors the conversations leadership has with our CSMs about our focus. It is always great to see a company continue to iterate on a product, and GS does a great job of listening to it's customers to help inform the direction of certain changes to the product. Their support pages are great, and the changes nearly always address specific needs we have as an organization,Editing records within GS instead of needing to consistently 'bounce' back into SF. The biggest example of this for us is with our 'trackers' we use on Opportunities. The ability to do in-line editing, or editing SF Opportunities right within this view would be such a huge lift for adoption and ease of use. Reporting. There are certain limitations to the ways we can configure reports that don't give us the level of flexibility/visibility we're used to with standard SFDC reporting. I prefer to aesthetics and layouts of the GS reports and dashboards, but limitations force us to still rely on SFDC for a lot of things (inability to report of formula fields in a backend report for example) User interface is starting to feel a little dated. With other software experiences updating and refreshing their UI, GS is running the risk of feeling out of date (example: the new Lightning UI from SF). Would love to see elements updated to allow for a more fluid experience bouncing between Lightning and GS,10,10,Very important, but, since we have a new slate of executives, they aren't using it right now. There is just too much on their plate currently, but I know this will be a powerful tool once the dust settles more from the acquisition.,More than 100 people,Increased efficiency in identifying who to call and when Improved customer NPS. This is especially true with our newly onboarded accounts Identify upsell opportunities and have generated revenue from these proactive CTAs that help us identify opportunities based on rules we've created Along with much better, proactive portfolio management, we've seen lifts in renewal rates, ARR, and a reduction in churn. Obviously, it's difficult to pin this down to any one thing we've done, but GS is a big part.,I also use the support site frequently to catch up on features we may not be using, or are under-utilizing. The company blog, along with videos and webinars, are extremely helpful too. I love being able to read from GS company leaders their perspective on how to use certain tools and processes. I also like that those posts tend to be accompanied by relevant resources and plug-and-play downloads. I have recently joined the CS Slack channel, and have enjoyed that so far.,,Not sure. This isn't my area of responsibility or expertise.More power than we were ready forOur Customer Success team uses Gainsight to track customer health and their day-to-day activities with customers. We have built playbooks in the tool to address specific needs, specifically around risk mitigation. We are just starting to share more visibility into our Gainsight data with the Sales Field as well. In summary, Gainsight allows us to track and manage customer health, address churn risks, and increase visibility internally to the health of our customers.,Flexibility in constructing Customer Health Scores: from data sources, to rule-building and score weighting, etc. Providing structure for the Customer Success team to track day-to-day activities: both system-prompted based on data, and manually-created. Simple high-level reporting for management and executives. Robust community of users sharing best practices, ideas and collectively solving problems.,We need to better capture what individual stakeholders at a company care about so we can manage to that. Gainsight doesn't currently provide a way to track specific goals for individual contacts, but all goals/objectives are at the company level. Gainsight doesn't provide an easy way to share dashboards/reports with executives and leadership via email. The implementation was a little rocky. The Success Express workshop wasn't structured in a way to allow us to get maximum benefit, and our Project Manager throughout implementation often struggled to find solutions and ideas for us.,10,9,This is an area where we still struggle. Gainsight's recent improvements on sharing are helping us out quite a bit. We have built a Customer 360 view for our executives, and we shared the slackbot (Sally) with them for quick data. Ultimately, we're still heavily reliant on Google sheets and emails to share information, but we're getting there. Gainsight has made huge strides here, but I'm excited for the next few releases to be able to really give our execs more visibility.,6 to 10 people,Improve efficiency of Customer Success team, allowing us to support more customers Identify risks in customer base to employ our retention tactics Monitor health trends and drivers at scale in the customer base,The Gainsight community page is among the best I've encountered. Users are vey active on the site. I post there often looking for ideas or recommending functionality in the product. I get lots of ideas from other users, and from Gainsight employees, and my feature requests always get a response from Gainsight. The Pulse conference is world-class. I attended in 2016 and got tremendous value from the sessions, and from networking with others in the Customer Success community.,DIYFeel the Pulse of your ClientsWe are currently really focused on using Gainsight within our Client Success division, they are our power users. However, since we are getting a lot of data ingested into data we push a lot of it back to the Account level of Saleforce (SFDC) as well for other users who have a SFDC license but not a Gainsight one can see daily usage data. This give a lot more visibility into the overall health of a client by the usage of the tool rather then pulse checking between the CSM and client.,Great way to really see if your clients are using the service you provide them. Easily able to formalize an action plan to follow up with at risk clients before its too late to save them. Just as easy to set up a thank campaign for clients who are using your service as intended and showing them value. Access to their Vault to pull in already created templates to customize to our company liking.,It took a bit of time to figure out how to get our data out of our tool and then into Gainsight. But once we did it was very repeatable to get all the data we wanted. We just struggled with prioritizing developer hours to get this data push into Gainsight.,9,1 to 5 people,With the usage of Gainsight we have 3 different products we are now collecting usage data points on. This has been extremely helpful to run at risk calls to action if a client hasn't logged in x days for all of the CSMs to do the same follow and figure out why. Along with the usage Gainsight has made it possible to compare an organization with similar organizations and usage.,I've attended one local Pulse event since I'm an admin of Gainsight it was not very useful for myself. However, one of my CSMs attends and has said it is very helpful. I do find their online documentation very useful and a place I explore before opening a support ticket with them.,,5,1,Collecting usage data about clients. Having all CSMs follow the same follow up plan. Not only looking for at-risk clients but thanking ones that are using the tools correctly and see returns.,Sending out surveys after a client completes our smart start program to collect feedback about it. We ran into an issue of usage data blowing through SFDC storage so we created various MDA tables to collect all that data and display using reports on 360 to provide the same function without the strain on SFDC storage.,More data usage collection Getting better using their reporting engine Leveraging calculated fields within the MDA table to add where needed,9,7,I mentioned we were blowing through SFDC storage rather quickly by adding in usage data daily. This has me very concerned as we weren't looking to pull into an additional cost from another tool to support Gainsight. After this was quickly identified we worked with support and CSM at Gainsight to come up with an action plan on how to avoid this but still get the usage data we wanted to see from the all client level down to the individual client level. This works as intended and we aren't losing any functionality going this route.,8Love GainSight!We have multiple reporting systems and it is difficult to consume all metrics for a customer from all these different sources. GainSight brings all that together and helps account managers manage their accounts more efficiently. GainSight is currently being used by account managers here, but we see opportunities where other teams can be benefitted too.,Ease of integration with different sources of information. The C360 page is a charm! You can add multiple sections with dashboards on it. The Usage section is really powerful and helps combine metrics from different domains into one section, where it becomes very easy to track the trend of usage metrics. The 'normalize' option is an added advantage to track the percentage changes over time. The report builder is very easy to use.,There are limitations on email outreaches like no support for tabular reports, limitation of 5 reports on an email template etc. Also, there is a lack of functionality to not trigger an email outreach if none of the reports on the email have data. There are times when the recipients get email that has nothing to track. Report builder is pretty simple to use but lacks the functionality to handle a bit complex computations. The reports don't allow end users to build aggregates on the fly. For example, a generic daily report needs to be seen rolled-up to monthly, quarterly or yearly views, based on a user's preference. The way it works today is that it requires the developers to design different aggregated views of the same report, so you end up cluttering the dashboard with just different views of the same data. The global dashboard doesn't allow adding reports that are built on data sources from different domains - meaning, you can add a MDA report and a SFDC report on the same dashboard.,9,11 to 25 people,Improved efficiency of reporting on customer metrics Helped track customer usage trends easily and better Helped consolidate information from different sources to take a complete decision,Yes, they are pretty helpful! I haven't been to Pulse events yet, but have explored the user groups and university stuff and found them immensely helpful.,The Joy of Working with GainsightWe engaged with Gainsight about six months ago and signed a contract with them about two months ago. We launched our initial pilot group of a dozen users just this week and plan to roll out to another 150 users within the next 45 days. Our use is pretty broad-ranging as we employ the Gainsight platform to develop our 360-degree view of the customer including a focus on driving positive account heath scores and platform usage trends. We use the considerable insight Gainsight provides to set our strategic account development plans and customer success reviews as well as to apply the appropriate attention to customers in need of our support and engagement based on the "Calls to Action" that help guide our team as to the most critical tasks, events, alerts and issues to resolve.,Pulls together customer information from Salesforce into an easily digestible format and enables you to analyze additional customer data that resides outside of the Salesforce environment. Creates a focus around automatically calculated objective and subjective account health score metrics for a quick and accurate read on the accounts that require attention and strategic prioritization. Focuses your teams on strategic account planning based on the customer's objectives, needs, and challenges. Provides "Calls to Action" (CTAs) that automatically bring to your attention issues, risks and challenges to enable better proactive resolution. Gainsight as a company lives, embodies and exemplifies the concept of customer success like very few companies in the world. Their level of support, engagement and absolute trusted partnership is unrivaled. Professional services that totally understand our needs and requirements and expertly guide us to success.,The contacts in the Sponsor tracking tile should be able to be maneuvered into an org-chart configuration.,10,More than 100 people,Handle customer Issues more quickly and effectively. Better understand root causes to determine proactive solutions designed to reduce customer services issues. Proactively keep in close touch with potentially "at risk" customers.,Pulse is an amazing event. There are so many opportunities to network with like-minded professionals with similar challenges and objectives. There are numerous excellent presentations, seminars and panel discussions to attend, and best of all, it is fun. The user groups are great as well, usually run by passionate advocates, they are packed with great ideas, suggestions and best practices.,Totango
Gainsight

Gainsight Reviews

Gainsight
Top Rated Award
Showing 30 of 317 Gainsight ratings and reviews.

Kevin Heraly profile photo
August 21, 2018

"Gainsight review - 300+ Client Success Manager group"

Read Kevin Heraly's full review
January 26, 2018

Gainsight Review: "More power than we were ready for"

Vinny Poliseno profile photo
August 01, 2017

Gainsight Review: "Feel the Pulse of your Clients"

Read Vinny Poliseno's full review
Greg McLaughlin profile photo
July 25, 2017

User Review: "The Joy of Working with Gainsight"

Read Greg McLaughlin's full review
Marissa Gates profile photo
March 30, 2017

Review: "Gainsight - Customer Success Efficiency Tool"

Gainsight User Community

I myself haven't ventured into this area as of yet. However, my company is sending multiple people to Pulse. I would expect that I would take a ton of ideas and information back to my team from that event. I would especially be interested in a user group in my area (Northern CA). I think talking with other GS clients on best practices would be especially helpful.
Read Marissa Gates's full review
Joe Breed profile photo
March 15, 2017

Review: "Gainsight has the potential to transform an organization!"

Gainsight User Community

Gainsight has a very valuable user group where you can find answers to your questions big and small. I don't really find myself contributing, but actively consume what others are adding. Gainsight has a robust online learning center, but I find the trainings a little slow and very expensive for what you get. I've yet to go to a Pulse event but am looking forward to the main event in May.
Read Joe Breed's full review
Brittany Habel profile photo
March 08, 2017

Gainsight Review: "A growing company with a desire to learn all that GS has to offer"

Gainsight User Community

I post on the community when I have product requests or ideas that support doesn't have solutions to and they send me there. The response rate there is hit and miss. Sometimes there is immediate follow through from the product teams but others are never responded to. We attended Pulse last year, but are sending more representatives this year as we found it very useful.
Read Brittany Habel's full review
Sacha Laskow profile photo
May 16, 2017

User Review: "Use your Brainsight, get Gainsight"

Gainsight User Community

We've leveraged all those tools and found them all very valuable. An active user community and robust set of training resources is indispensable with such a complex product. We also attended the Pulse conference recently and it was a great mix of fun and learning, with a number of great speakers and of course VANILLA ICE!
Read Sacha Laskow's full review
Martha Torning profile photo
March 17, 2017

"Gainsight Review"

Gainsight User Community

This will be my first year attending Pulse. I took the free admin course after administering Gainsight for several months so I did not find it super beneficial but could see how it would be useful for an admin starting out.
Read Martha Torning's full review
Jenny Bolden profile photo
March 15, 2017

User Review: "New Customer to Gainsight"

Gainsight User Community

The Gainsight Community has been a great help as the Gainsight administrator. I often search the community to review other clients' experience with functionality and for tips to optimize how we're utilizing Gainsight. I've been able to attend Pulse as a customer who just signed and had not gone live last year to this year where I look forward to attending Pulse as a live customer with more insight and knowledge to aid in my discussions and sessions.
Read Jenny Bolden's full review
Domenic Armano profile photo
March 15, 2017

Gainsight Review: "Does not disappoint!"

Gainsight User Community

Our CS operations team uses the community extensively to gain ideas, learn best practices or identify product features that can help our business. The response and support from both Gainsight and community members are a reason that we continue to use the community as a trusted reference source. We haven't use Customer Success University yet. Some of our team spent some time at Pulse last year and gave it very high marks for the value of the content and sessions.
Read Domenic Armano's full review
June 07, 2017

Gainsight Review: "Great for new and growing CS teams!"

Gainsight User Community

My favorite is Pulse. I always walk away with plenty of ideas, awesome networking, and topics for team meetings. We are an advanced CSM organization so some of the content is validation of what we already do as well as good reminders of the basics we need to revisit. Always a blast and I look forward to it every year.
March 24, 2017

Gainsight Review: "Good workflow engine. Good people. Poor customer experience journey."

Gainsight User Community

I haven't used the user groups yet. The CS University is a good idea. It's average in terms of quality. The videos/slides are not well done. I've been to Pulse. I think it's good to get to at least once. It's not an event I'd recommend attending every year as the materials don't change much year over year. If you're there to network, that's a different story.
March 24, 2017

Gainsight Review: "You Get What You Give"

Gainsight User Community

The Gainsight user group Community is very valuable. You can see/discuss product enhancements, learn best practices, network with other CS pros, learn about upcoming releases, watch how-to videos, etc. We have not yet used CSU but I'm intrigued. I sent 4 people to Pulse last year and they said it was an excellent learning venue. I'm sending 3 people this year.
March 20, 2017

Review: "Gainsight - Our Journey to Visibility and Scalability"

Gainsight User Community

They seem great! I attended a few webinars and like them a lot. Very professional and on point.
I wish I had more time.

I know that our SF Admin that is in charge of GS also managed to find valuable information in the community posts.

I really hope to visit "Pulse" in the future!

Role-based user permissions (126)
API (94)
Integration with Salesforce.com (161)
9.4
Integration with Marketo (41)
Integration with Eloqua (16)
Product usage (155)
Help desk / support tickets (128)
NPS surveys (132)
9.2
Sponsor tracking (128)
Customer profiles (154)
Automated workflow (167)
Internal collaboration (153)
Customer health scoring (167)
9.6
Customer segmentation (142)
Customer health trends (158)
Engagement analytics (138)
Revenue forecasting (85)
9.2
Dashboards (166)

About Gainsight

Gainsight says they enable business transformation through their passionate community, proven expertise, and cutting edge technology. In addition to the largest customer success community, the vendor says they also have a diverse, 333+ customer base spanning across Fortune 1000 companies such as HP, Cisco and Adobe and growth businesses like Box and Shopify.

Via their community and customers, Gainsight says they have developed deep expertise around customer success best practices which are embedded into the product. Additionally, the vendor says 50% of their company headcount is dedicated to R&D, and that their platform can serve business needs across various customer segments. The vendor’s value proposition is that their product innovations are consistently first to market and built to scale from day one.

Gainsight says their customers see an average of 4% higher retention and 20% faster growth than their peers.

Gainsight Features

Customer Data Extraction / Integration Features
Has featureProduct usage
Has featureHelp desk / support tickets
Has featureOnline customer community
Has featureIntegration with Eloqua
Has featureCustomer360
Has feature4D Analytics
Has featureCustomer Lifecycle Cockpit
Has featureIn-product best practices library of resources
Has feature60 second video message to Customers

Gainsight Competitors

Totango, Amity, Service Source

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required

Based on a per user/per month model.

Gainsight Customer Size Distribution