- Really easy to integrate to our website (and to plug with other solutions).
- Simple to use, you can run your first campaigns in a few clicks.
- Strong Big Data infrastructure.
- Kameleoon teams are innovating a lot … and the platform may be down for shorts periods of time. No biggie.
At Europ Assistance, we’re dedicated to making sure our clients are safe and happy, providing them with personal assistance and insurance services in all of their life circumstances.
We’re using Kameleoon to A/B test and improve our website and to personalize the experience of our visitors. This last bit is essential to us as our clients have very different needs.
- Easy to install and to master.
- Support team's skills and availability.
- Segmentation possibilities.
- Kameleoon's back office could collect our analytics data
- I would love the tool to give us recommendations on the type of tests and/or personalization we could run.
- Fast and reliable results
- Great training to use the tool
- Available consultants when needed
- Visual editor
- Maybe the visual editor could be a little bit more complete so that we don’t have to code anything?
- The ability to recognize different types of visitors and offer different experiences.
- The visual editor of Kameleoon is simple and easy to use.
- Training and the consulting that follows are also great.
- Advanced personalizations might require some coding resources. Could it be simplified?
- Kameleoon is really a tool built for marketers. It’s very easy to install and use. In a few minutes you can launch A/B tests and personalizations on your own.
- Kameleoon’s team provides us with quite good advice on their blog. Every month we have new questions and they always come up with new ideas of best practices which are pretty useful.
- Kameleoon is very helpful in helping us implementing our most complex tests and campaigns.
- Even if we really don’t want to involve our IT department in our marketing actions, we sometimes have to call them to add CSS or JS code.
- If you have a technical person on your team, you will be just fine, but if not, you will have to involve IT people or ask Kameleoon’s team to help you create your tests.
- Fast and easy integration
- Reliable and super easy to use testing tool
- Strong segmentation abilities
- We would like not having to code anything when setting up advanced tests
- Some of the widgets they have are great but they could have more
- Create tests in just a few clicks.
- Powerful and insightful website auditing tool.
- Great consulting, wonderful team!
- Data reports are detailed and provide us with all the info we need. However, it sometimes takes time to dig for the right piece of data. Could the reporting tool be more pragmatic?
- Easy to use and very reliable.
- Great integration with other tools.
- The dashboard could be clearer when you analyze many goals at once.
- You need to be helped by a developer if you want to test more things that just the color of a button or the change of a picture.
- Any kind of A/B test, from a simple text change to the full revamp of a website.
- Personnalization of user experience based on previous competitors' visited websites.
- Develop a strong promotion and marketing animation.
- We needed help from our IT team on some of the most advanced personalized experiences.
- We need help from the Kameleoon support team on some of the most advanced personalized experiences.
- Would have liked more integrations with third party tools, Adobe Campaign for example.
- Impressive segmentation criteria (more than 40 criteria to play with).
- Possibility to add custom goals and code very easily.
- Kameleoon’s reliability: we love that we can run as many experiences as we want!
- Extensive options to monitor marketing pressure and make sure we always deliver top-notch experiences.
- The ability to visualize what segments a visitor belongs to.
- A clearer dashboard.
- No flicker effect (the flicker effect occurs when you can see the original version of a page for a few seconds before being addressed the variation).
- The audit tools are great.
- Quick and easy to integrate and use; usually, a test doesn’t take more than a few clicks or couple of days for the most advanced ones to be up and running.
- We have millions of people coming to our website each month. We can manage simple segmentations (man vs. women, new vs. old customers, mobile vs. desktop, etc.), but we can’t think of all the segments there are. A real pain solver would be to easily identify all our high value visitor segments right away to create personalized experiences for them. But I’ve been told the tool will very soon be able to highlight the most promising segments. I can’t wait to see it in action.
- The implementation is easy and fast. You can set up your first A/B tests in minutes.
- The reporting part of the tool is clear and easy to work from. The smart editor is very powerful and makes A/B testing simple for someone with no technical knowledge.
- The consulting team helps us a lot to come up with new testing ideas.
- We would like to be more independent regarding the coding requirements to run advanced tests. Could the editor cover this?
- Very easy to set up and install.
- Make changes to our web pages with CSS / JS code
- Real-time visualization of your tests before launching.
- Their reporting module just changed but it is more convenient for me, as an analytics user, to analyze my results in my analytics tool.
- Creating pop-ins to collect visitor data such as feedback.
- Monitoring the marketing pressure we put on them: we don’t want to push any pop-ups to a visitor for whom it's not relevant.
- Creating really accurate visitor segments.
- Gathering high-quality results. Thanks to the tool we know right away what works and what doesn’t.
- You don’t need coding skills to use the tool, but advanced modifications might require some.
- I would like the inner editor to be even more complete.
- The quality of the results despite low traffic.
- The Kameleoon team always has great consulting advice on how to optimize our site. They are reliable and very competent.
- The tool is constantly improved with new features.
- The smart visual editor.
- We love the new visual editor: very easy to use if you don’t have any technical skills. We’d love it even more if we could create advanced tests using it. But Kameleoon allows CSS and JS code injection in the webpages very easily so it's covered.
- Changing text, CTAs size or color, or moving blocks is done very easily by non-technical folks.
- I can tell that Kameleoon’s CSS selector is particularly neat and robust: it identifies all existing CSS layers, so you are able to make the change you really want.
- If you want to make advanced changes, you do it through CSS/JS code injection which works quite well as well.
- I think the last version of their reporting is also very intuitive and powerful with its segment & filter capabilities.
- Interface of the graphics editor is quite conceptual. It is fine after a few days but it takes a little while to recognize some icons.
- Their online tutorial could also be easily improved.
- If you want to do major graphical changes on your website, you will have to inject JS and CSS code which requires some technical background but I don’t know if that point can be improved.
- Personalization library
- Segment builder with personalization depending on visitors’ actions
- Visitors tracking
- Segment discovery
- It took us a bit of learning to grasp all the possibilities available
- We would have liked premade forms in the popups
- Their A/B Testing solution is indeed powerful, but what impressed us was the personalization.
- One feature in particular, the pretargeting was very useful. It allowed us to track visitors before they even arrived on our website, and segment them accordingly.
- The predefined personalization template library was helpful too.
- As a marketing department, we really appreciate the support and their responsiveness.
- The visual editor’s UI and their simulation tool could be better.
- Some of the more advanced personalizations got technically challenging.
- Honestly, split testing text could not be any easier and the reporting that we're able to deliver is top notch.
- Little changes like changing colors buttons, texts, blocks arrangement, and pictures can be made in few seconds.
- Kameleoon provides a lot of good practices, case studies and ideas for creating A/B tests and personalizations on their blog.
- Reporting is great but I'd love a way to export all segments a bit easier like in Google Analytics. I've heard the Kameleoon team is working on this so we should see it soon.
- Group certain tests together and allow for one report would be nice. We test a lot of pages at a time, and having the ability to look at one screen to track results would be a big win.
- Interface can be confusing for some.
- Tough to say what is not done properly. All changes we want to test are done very easily with Kameleoon (though we are not doing any MVTs so I won’t be able to say anything on it).
- Also, their reporting is very intuitive and specifically adapted for A/B testing.
- Kameleoon makes reporting analysis much more understandable, a task which can be quite difficult for those unfamiliar with web analytics.
- For a non-technical person, a little training may be necessary, but I think Kameleoon offers multiple training courses to become an expert in A/B testing and personalization.
- Also I found some little bugs when I was creating my A/B tests but Kameleoon’s support solved them very quickly and I was able to launch all my tests securely.
- Test different verisons of product pages
- Test several variations of conversion funnel
- Less intervention of the IT team would be nicer
- More advice on method of minimum number of views to test before drafting conclusion
Kameleoon Scorecard Summary
Kameleoon is a website optimization solution. Its very first A/B testing solution was launched in 2012. The initial A/B testing solution was enhanced in 2014 with a module for iOS and Android applications and a platform dedicated to web personalization.
- A/B/n testing
- Multivariate testing
- Split URL testing
- Behavioral targeting
- Demographic-based targeting
- Custom traffic allocation
- WYSIWYG editor
- Multi-page testing,
- Mobile app testing - iOS,
- Mobile app testing - Android
- Adaptive / bandit algorithms
- Ability to preview tests
- 1:1 personalization
- Testing on https webpages
- Checkout flow testing
- Search algorithm testing
- Price testing, Cross browser testing
- Cross domain testing
- Automated / Machine-learning capabilities
- Integration with web analytics tools
- Integration with CMS tools
- Integration with e-commerce / shopping cart tools
- Significance calculation
- Test duration recommendation
- Graphical dashboards
- Visitor segmentation
- Ad-hoc / post-test visitor segmentation
- Pre-defined visitor segments
- Customized visitor segments
- Multiple conversion goals
- Real-time analytics
- Revenue tracking
- Data import / export
- Historical data / test results
Account Management Features
- User roles and permissions
- Role-based workflow and approval
- Unlimited experiments
|Freemium||$0||Per Month [Unlimited Users]|
|Enterprise||Quote||Per Month [Unlimited Users]|
|Personalization||Quote||Per Month [Unlimited Users]|
Consulting services are priced on demand
Kameleoon Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||28%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||39%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||33%|
Kameleoon Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
Kameleoon Technical Details
|Supported Languages: ||French, English, Russian|