Keap Reviews

April 06, 2021
Carla Atherton | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am sole proprietor of my company but do a LOT of things and wear a lot of hats, so I need organization and efficiency as I am only one person. I first started using Keap when I hosted my first online video series (a health summit for caregivers) back in 2014. The folks I hired to help me to put on this first event informed me that I needed a platform to enable me to store my growing database of contacts, send them broadcast newsletters, set up affiliate programs, receive and track payments for sales of products and services, set up campaigns, and interact with Customer Hub (which I have recently gone back to using for my online programs). At first, that initial team did the work for that first event, but I have since taken over all of it and have learned an exponential amount about the capabilities of Keap and how to maximize my use of it since (still learning more as I am sure I haven't been using it to its max potential for me yet). Now I use it in all of those capacities but have many more programs, services, contacts, newsletter recipients, campaigns, and affiliate programs that I manage and keep track of through Keap without having to hire a large staff (which I sometimes wish I had anyway!). It has also helped me to streamline my communication with clients and students and made my program delivery possible. It has been essential to my daily operations, and I work in the app almost every day.
  • The support is excellent! Navigating the app and figuring out how to do certain things can be like entering a rabbit hole with no idea where to go at first, but I know that the support team is always there to help me successfully do what I need and want to do. I contact support regularly.
  • I very much appreciate that a business the size of mine can use one app to do so many things such as store a contact database, allow for communication and program delivery though both broadcast emails and campaigns, set up and keep track of purchases and receive payment securely, allow program delivery or email series' through the campaigns, and set up affiliate programs. I have used and regularly use all of these features.
  • I like the dashboard feature and how it gives me a daily snapshot of my business.
  • There was a bit of a learning curve, but creating newsletters and campaigns are fairly straightforward for me now, and they always come out looking and operating professionally as the updated functionality is easy to use and relatively intuitive.
  • There are quite a few little bugs that create some tedious issues to sort out (very time consuming at times), but support is very helpful with these issues. One of these things is duplicate contacts messing up all kinds of things from proper integration with Customer Hub to inaccurate/incomplete records.
  • I have consistent issues with credit cards not processing properly the first time.
  • I am not a big fan of how the affiliate programs need to be set up and managed. It is much too complicated.
  • If you enable the PayPal option when taking payment, the product page looks as if PayPal is the only option unless you click "checkout" and the option to pay by credit card shows up. This is VERY confusing for people and I am not sure how many sales I have lost because of it. I have spent a great deal of time on the phone with support (and varying people) and have come to the conclusion that this can t be changed unless I use an order form which I do not want to do for various reasons. I have to put instructions on how to pay by credit card in the description for every single one of my products which is tedious and doesn't always work to inform people.
  • I have had massive issues with email deliverability. At least 1000 plus people do not receive my emails every time I send a broadcast with more getting shuffled into spam folders or not being delivered at all after that initial screening. I have cleaned up my list many times, but even after one broadcast after a clean up, my email capability has been cut off and a request sent to me by Keap asks that I cull my lists again. I do not send spam and mail only every week or two to people who opt into my newsletter but still get this. There have been times when I have held an event and get lots of opt-outs or spam complaints afterward from the people who only wanted the free info and completely forget that they asked for the newsletters in the first place. There was also about a month this last fall where there was a flood of fake sign-ups through my opt-in form that used real email addresses but not by the people who used those email addresses. I changed the security on my opt-in form and added capcha to stop this, which it mostly does. This has also happened when I have set up a campaign for students for a particular program and the open rates can be almost 0 as they are reminder emails to come to class as the students don't always need to open them. I have been told that this cannot be fixed. Frankly, I have always had a suspicion that my emails do not reach many of my newsletter recipients, but I have no other ways of fixing that or investigating that aside from the hours of time I have spent working through it with support.
It is well suited for all of the items I stated in the pros section. It is even good for small businesses with few employees like mine due to the time and effort it saves in doing so many of those tasks manually or with multiple platforms. But it is a bit pricey, although I see that as a very small cost in relation to the cost of hiring staff to do these things instead. I am not sure where it would not be appropriate. I suppose when your business doesn't need a complicated system and perhaps only sells one service or item or very few of them.
Read Carla Atherton's full review
April 03, 2021
Konstantin von Brocke | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Keap products for my own consulting business as well as for clients and it is typically used across the entire organization. It is suitable for both solopreneurs as well as growing businesses. The largest account I manage has over 50 users and 100,000 contacts. As such it is a tremendous asset and helps to organize and manage contacts, move them through our pipelines, and automate many marketing & sales processes.
  • Infusionsoft Interface
  • Campaign Builder
  • Training and Tutorials, Documentation
  • Customer Support
  • Working with a very large account, some functions sometimes have long loading times. This is not an issue for other normal accounts.
Infusionsoft is a great CRM for any ambitious and growing startup or company. I can recommend it for solopreneurs like coaches and consultants as well as data-driven companies of up to 50 employees. As it's really for smaller companies, I feel 50 employees are close to the point where it becomes more difficult to handle. However, Infusionsoft is definitely a great CRM with very powerful functionalities for campaign management, sales & marketing automation, and e-commerce.

In my opinion, it has a great price/quality ratio, that is, you get great value for your bucks.
Read Konstantin von Brocke's full review
March 30, 2021
Nettye Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm a the sole employee at my health education organization. I use Keap (formerly Infusionsoft) primarily for email broadcasts and maintaining my email list gathered on my webpage, podcast and at speaking/teaching engagements.

The campaign builder was the main driver for the purchase. That is used minimally. I am no where near using the full functionality of the program.

I recently completed an amazing weeklong training on Keap automation that provided information I need to do more with the program.
  • Maintain contact information.
  • Automation sequences.
  • Customer interaction tracking.
  • Helping with the learning curve.
  • Adjustments so emails are not marked as spam.
  • Improve the look of the product checkout pages.
Keap (formerly Infusionsoft) is a powerful application. What can be done with automation can greatly aid companies/organizations that want to increase connection with potential and current customers in a consistent and thorough manner. My main challenge is the learning curve. Individuals with experience with automation and sequencing can hit the ground running with this application.
Read Nettye Johnson's full review
Brian Del Terzo Credilife® | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Keap across the whole organization to manage campaigns, workflows, and customer interactions. It also integrates with our VOIP service provider connecting call recordings to our customer database, and syncs with our ESP, connecting email correspondence to each individual contact as well.
  • A wide array of integrations.
  • Customer management.
  • Campaign management.
  • Tracking opportunities.
  • Tracking sales stages.
  • The layout of the CRM - users with basic customer account access should have a cleaner easier to follow view vs administrators with robust access.
  • I would recommend tying more explainer tasks to campaign options to create better clarity over the purpose of each option to help new administrators - maybe a toggle of guided or not guided campaign creation.
Keap is well suited for any size company and can suit a wide variety of purposes, from basic customer management to email campaigns, to landing pages, to a variety of integrations to address even the most creative of scenarios. I can't think of any scenario that Keap is not well suited to address.
The training available through Keap is powerful. There are so many features available through Keap it would be impossible to take full advantage of them without the 'hands on' training available.
I've never experienced an issue with support.
It is very user friendly up to a point, but as you want to dig deeper into the vast abilities and use cases, training and practice are required.
Read Brian Del Terzo Credilife®'s full review
March 30, 2021
Camille Shieff | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Keap in all aspects of my business, from invoicing to appointment setting to referral requests to long term nurture. It saves me tons of time, reminds me who I need to follow-up with, notifies my customers when they need to update their info or book call with me, and provides me the reporting I need to understand where my business is today, so that I can plan for tomorrow.
  • Follow-up with clients.
  • Nurturing clients/leads.
  • Appointment reminders.
  • Contact management.
  • Clients with some complex needs for sales management can have difficulty with Keap, but generally most needs can be met after discussions and thoughtful planning.
  • Email deliverability can sometimes be an issue, but I've found that proper planning, utilizing best practices and careful list hygiene management takes care of this in most instances.
  • For my use, the ecommerce functionality is fine, but I do have clients who need more robust reporting and taxation functionality, which has been improving, but is still an area that needs improvement.
It would depend on their needs and where they are in their business growth. Keap is a fantastic tool, but just as a hammer is not the right tool for every job, Keap is not the solution for every business. All businesses should carefully weigh their needs and compare several products to ensure that what they select with be the best option.
Read Camille Shieff's full review
Bailey Witt, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a marketing agency, we use it alongside our clients for customer relationship management and marketing automation. We are the primary users as their marketing department. It is also used by the sales and business development teams.

It addresses problems with customer data collection and management, email blasts, website forms, lead tracking, sales pipeline management, automated marketing campaigns, and landing pages.
  • The strongest part of Keap/Infusionsoft is the CRM side for contacts and companies. The contact view is very robust, with everything from basic data points to form submissions, campaigns past and present, purchases, tags, web site profile, opportunities, and tons of customization is available with custom fields. Every business needs custom fields for segmentation, lead management, and reporting. It is very robust here.
  • The email builder is very simple and quick to use. The drag and drop functionality with built-in templates makes it a breeze to set up any kind of email from a beautiful marketing blast to a simple automated sales follow-up. Tagging from email clicks is also great for triggering other actions or notifications to reps for follow up. Emails are mobile responsive, too, without any extra coding or fiddling.
  • This has my favorite campaign builder. Simply pick a goal that triggers actions and then build our sequences with very robust if/then conditional logic. You can build campaigns as simple as an opt-in form with notification or follow-up or a 30-touch account-based marketing campaign all on the same canvas which is so swift and easy to edit.
  • The form builder is quite lacking. For small businesses that don't want to have to code, but still have brand-lookingweb forms, you have to do it with HTML. The JavaScript forms are very ugly with limited customization. You can't even remove the field labels, so there's a label outside AND inside the fields.
  • Lead source tracking is spotty. While a lot of softwares can't do it very well, it's the same here. The Javascript tracking code doesn't seem to pick up website activity very well and doesn't always capture a lead source, which is critical for assessing traffic channels and campaigns. It often requires third party plugins.
  • The eCommerce area is good for many businesses, but it's too limited for some of our clients with offline businesses, such as a pool manufacturer. Its difficult to create an eCommerce experience that reflects the real options that they need to offer.
It is well suited for companies where alignment between sales and marketing is crucial. The campaigns are excellent for triggering sales activities from marketing fatal, such as a lead score, tag, email activity, or opt-in. The sales pipeline takes it from a lead to opportunity to closed deal.

It is less appropriate for very small businesses that want to save some money or have a completely online business with funnels, landing pages, a membership site, and want to be able to set all that up quickly and easily.
The most common resources I have used with Keap are the help center, chat with support, and the Facebook user group. The help center is most helpful if you have a question that is frequently asked, but not too complex. It helps with basic understanding of the platform's features and functionality. The next step up, if the problem to solve is a little more advanced, I go to the live chat with customer support. This is the quickest and easiest way to talk to an Infusionsoft representative, but they aren't great at solving complex problems. When these arise, they escalate it to more advanced product engineers. The most valuable resource I have found though for marketing purposes, is the Facebook user group. If you ever are trying to solve a complex problem, there is almost always someone there who has had the same problem and found a solution or is able to offer a suggestion. There are also plenty of Keap certified partners who use the platform every day for many different clients, so they have round-about ways of doing things with integrations and partner applications that you might not think of. The user community is very helpful.
Read Bailey Witt, MBA's full review
March 28, 2021
Christina Wolf | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Keap as our CRM, email marketing, and funnel optimization tool. Keap helps us segment our audience and automate our business. We use Keap integrations to connect multiple platforms and software and streamline our communication with our clients. We also use Keap to help manage internal operations and tasks.
  • Segmentation
  • Automation
  • Email marketing
  • More native integrations so we wouldn't need to use a tool like Zapier.
  • More graphic design options + content library organization tools.
  • An easier process for checking/merging duplicate clients.
  • Detailed click reporting on emails.
I think Keap is great for anyone who wants to automate their business and sales funnel and segment their audience.
Read Christina Wolf's full review
December 02, 2020
Kate Murray, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use this software primarily for email marketing automation, but there are also other integrations connected such as SamCart for the purpose of tracking sales and returns of the products our client sells. The software is used across the organization but it is a small business with 4 people using it currently. The software solves the problem of automating email sequences as well as delivery of digital products.
  • Integrated Statistics/Analytics Dashboard
  • Visual Dashboard
  • Permissions for Other Users
  • Clunky visual automations
  • Not as intuitive to use as other automation software
  • Steep learning curve due to lack of being intuitive
At one point in time, maybe 5 years ago, Infusionsoft offered one of the only marketing automation systems that was comprehensive enough to handle hundreds of thousands of emails. Many internet marketers flocked to this system because it was really the only one on the market. Now things are different. Other software has expanded to provide more intuitive design and better usability. Ultimately it's about the user and those entrepreneurs and companies who can afford this software typically have an assistant as the primary user. Nobody has time to pay an assistant for a week worth of work to learn a software system, especially when other software systems are so much more intuitive an accomplish the exact same thing. For this reason, I do not typically recommend this software any longer.
When you first sign up for the software, they hold your hand....but only for about 2 hours. Once your support is up you are on your own. It's not easy to figure out and there isn't much documentation, video tutorials, and help for how to use it because they want you to pay them for more one-to-one time with their consultants. I dislike this business model in this day and age, it doesn't lend itself to good internet etiquette. I can't decide what is worse...the kind of support where you have to pay for everything or the kind of support that has too many overseas customer service reps where you have a language barrier to overcome when you have one simple question that folks can't seem to understand.
I go back to the idea that it's not a tool for solo-entrepreneurs, it's a tool for larger companies or at lease those with enough annual revenue that they can pay a marketing team member to handle the email automations. This software is old and clunky, it has not kept up with it's competitors in terms of usability and visual intuitive design, so it has a steep learning curve and takes a while to learn how to use. You have to be able to pay someone for their time to learn it well. Other software is much more streamlined in terms of ease of use, ability to just intuitively know how to set up an email campaign and add the applicable triggers and tags.
Read Kate Murray, MBA's full review
Nicholas Kouvatsos | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Keap (Infusionsoft) across our entire business. It's used to manage our customers, their orders, notes on the customers, automate marketing campaigns to the customers, including e-mail, text message, direct mail, telemarketing, webinars, live event confirmation, manage their subscription programs and more. We also process all of our online and offline orders using our website integrated with Infusionsoft's API.
  • Marketing automation. I have not found another software or service that can compare in the complete automation of a marketing campaign. There is nothing I can't do by either utilizing Infusionsoft's built in marketing, or using the API connections to integrate with 3rd parties.
  • Infusionsoft's API gives access to nearly every table in Infusionsoft's database that I would ever need to edit, giving me the ability to integrate with nearly any other system.
  • E-mail. Although they have an excellent, easy-to-use e-mail builder, inbox deliverability is suspect. Although my messages always arrive, they often arrive in the spam folder if I'm mailing to a large number of people on my list at once. Automated e-mails that are part of a campaign generally make it to the inbox, because they're being sent to only a handful of people who have reached that step of the campaign on that day. But we are forced to use a 3rd party e-mail provider, whose sole service is to send e-mail, to send our large e-mail blasts. Luckily, Infusionsoft's campaign builder makes it easy to integrate with any 3rd party service provider, so we're still able to automate large blasts.
  • Size. Infusionsoft is built for small businesses. They're not shy about admitting they focus on small business, sometimes ignoring the needs of medium to large businesses. I find that we may be starting to outgrow Infusionsoft in some areas, which scares me, because I don't think I'll be able to find a comparable solution to meet our needs.
  • API Throttling. This goes back to Infusionsoft focusing on small businesses. Infusionsoft has throttling on their API limiting any one business to a bank of 10,000 API calls, which recovers at a rate of 2 API calls per second. This forces developers to program efficiently to minimize API calls, which sometimes requires inefficient coding to pull out as much data as one can in one call instead of making several smaller calls for significantly less data. For example, I may need a list of Contacts and their addresses that purchased a certain product yesterday. *Normally*, I would make a call to the table that stores items ordered and gather the Order Id's that match the product on that date. This may return say 10 orders. That's one API call. Then, I'd go to the order table and make a call for each Order ID to get the Contact Id's. That's 10 more API calls. Then I'd go to the Contacts table and make a call for each Contact ID to get the name and address. That's another 10 API calls, for a total of 21 calls giving me just the minimal data I need. In Infusionsoft world, we need to think differently. *Instead*, I'd make the same initial call to the order items table. Then I'd make a single call to the order table to pull all of the orders that came in on that date, which may be 500+ orders. So only one additional call to the API instead of 10, but I'm receiving much more data than I need. Then I compare that data on my end to the data I already pulled to get my 10 order IDs. I do a single call to the Contact table for all the contacts that were created yesterday, which may be 800+, and maybe 6 of my 10 contact ID's will have been created on that date (because it was their first order), but then I still have to make 4 additional calls for the repeat customers that weren't created on the same date as their order date. So I've brought my API calls down from 21 calls to 6 calls, but I'm now working with 800+ contact records, 500+ order records, and 10 order item records, instead of 10 of each. Some developers have resorted to backing up all the tables they can daily, to a cached database to stay under the API limits, which cannot be increased, even if you're willing to pay more. And then, even with conservative API calling, some business needs will outgrow the limits.
Infusionsoft is well suited for any company that will actually use its features. It does a lot, and has a steep learning curve, but its abundance of features are only good if you're going to use them. Its price is very manageable for any company doing at least a few thousand dollars a month in business. It can be tough to swallow, though for smaller startups where the few hundred dollar cost could wipe out all the profit.
Occasionally, we need to reach out to Keap's support team for an issue with the software (sometimes on their end, sometimes on our end. We generally use the chat support because it's fast.

A really helpful resource is Keap's online communities. I'm part of both the Keap user community on Facebook as well as the Keap API community. The online communities help get not only Keap's staff involved, but other users involved in helping you figure out the answers to your questions. The API community is especially useful as it has many other developers who have a lot of experience working with Keap's API and can provide assistance in common and unique issues.
Keap's tier 1 support is pretty well educated on what most basic users would need to know and would likely struggle with. Getting support beyond that is more difficult, and your issue likely would not be addressed until several software releases later unless it was a major breaking issues for many accounts. If you have a question Tier 1 can't help you with, you're probably better off hitting the online communities for assistance.
I personally have no problem using the software, because I've used it (or versions of it) since 2007. So I know it pretty well inside and out. But I recognize a newcomer may struggle with it in the beginning. But they've made large strides in onboarding new users and getting new companies set up with walkthrough tutorials and wizards.
Read Nicholas Kouvatsos's full review
March 25, 2021
Walt Pitts | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use keap for billing, landing pages, and to manage customer information.
  • Good solution for al in solution for email lists.
  • Good for landing pages.
  • Good for keeping track of customers.
  • Better texting options for campaigns.
  • Simpler user interface for building campaigns.
Great for collecting emails, keeping track of potential and current customers, sending invoices, building campaigns.
Keap has the best customer service I've ever experienced from a tech company. I can always call to speak with someone to help out.
Many helpful webinars are available.
I can always speak to a person when I need help, and the support team is always knowledgeable, patient, and always resolved my issues.
Since Infusionsoft has changed to Keap, I find that the functions and features are much easier to use and understand.
Read Walt Pitts's full review
December 14, 2020
Chris Lesner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We started off with Infusionsoft and now that it's Keap not a ton has changed. It's still a high quality and high volume product that allows us to track constituent and account information across the board in an easy to understand way. We use this to make everyday decisions as it relates to our current and future customers.
  • Customer management.
  • Building reports.
  • Tracking communication touchpoints.
  • Not as robust as other CRMs out there.
  • Not as popular in terms of looking up how to do things.
  • Less customization than other options.
If someone needs a basic CRM and is currently using something like Excel or their email marketing sender (Mailchimp/Constant Contact) then it's a great option to upgrade to any CRM. Keap is a great starter CRM that we and many of our clients use for general management of their customer data.
Read Chris Lesner's full review
Joshua Long | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have many clients that use it, so I've seen it used any number of ways.

The most valuable function it provides is the thorough segmentation (through tags) and communication (through campaigns & broadcasts) with prospects and clients. Their campaign manager function is the backbone of their app and can be built out to run countless numbers of automations, all around user behavior that you define.

One client uses it to send out emails throughout the prospect process, as an augment to support their sales team in their follow up since they get too many leads to handle in a timely manner. That added communication builds a lot of trust with prospects and supports the sales team significantly.
  • Campaign Builder: This is very robust and they were one of the first (if not the first) app that gave a visual builder with triggers and decision points to direct contacts through based on their activity.
  • Tags: This is the key to effective segmentation and filtering of contacts and Infusionsoft's tag categories and application approach is superb.
  • Email Builder: They updated this in the past couple years and it was a massive improvement over their legacy email editor. It works great and is a breeze to use.
  • Shopping Cart: It's not responsive in design and is super basic. I don't understand why they haven't updated it when selling products is such a key value of the system.
  • Landing Pages: These are horrible and you'd be better off using Unbounce for them.
  • Custom Fields: They limit you to 100 custom fields across the entire app and any decent marketer will use them up very quickly. This is a limitation of their legacy code base and I don't see them fixing this anytime soon.
  • Email Throttling: Their throttling of emails has grown to a ridiculous level. If recipients flag an email as spam, they stop the campaign. I've had numerous clients unable to send broadcasts to paying customers because of this.
It's great if your business is relatively simple and everyone using it is in-house.
It's also great if you just want to use it for the marketing automation function within your organization, letting your sales team use another CRM for their pipeline management, and fulfillment managed through another platform, too.

It can handle an e-commerce company, but you might be better off using something like Shopify and ActiveCampaign together.

The Facebook user group has been helpful to find customizations others have implemented and get ideas as well.
Read Joshua Long's full review
Ashlie Pappas | TrustRadius Reviewer
After using Infusionsoft for a business I work with, I decided it was the next logical step in my own business. The ability to efficiently and effectively automate and streamline my affiliate program, e-commerce, marketing campaigns, digital product delivery, and task system has made things much easier and effective. It allows me to make sure only the people who emails are relevant to are receiving them instead of my entire list. It's increased list retention, engagement, growth, and satisfaction.
  • Their tagging system
  • Marketing Automation
  • Options
  • The e-commerce / order forms
  • Ease and fluidity of use
It is well suited for anyone who runs a small business really. It integrates with almost everything.

It wouldn't be well suited for someone who is a hobbyist or not serious about their business.
Read Ashlie Pappas's full review
Sereena Schneider (LION) | TrustRadius Reviewer
Infusionsoft is a system we use for our e-commerce email campaigns - the integration for payments and automatic billings works very well. Not everyone at the company uses it, there are only a few key players as it's complicated to learn. However, it is easy to use once you've taken the time to do the training. The details in the CRM system are fantastic; you can get very creative and in-depth with how you tag people, which allows us to create extremely targeted email lists.
  • The automation is great for email drip sequences and campaigns, and you can run it over an extended period of time, so it works well for a long promotion.
  • The email editor is pretty easy to use (unless you have a lot of design work and HTML coding, then not so much) but it's a really quick process to create and send out a simple email.
  • I do love the tagging contacts feature, very useful.
  • Data clean up is really easy (duplicates and so on).
  • There are bugs throughout the whole system, and the email design editor can be EXTREMELY hard to work with if you're someone who's looking for more than your basic drag-and-drop.
  • The fact that the emails aren't mobile responsive/friendly in this day and age is a joke.
  • The reporting could use work as well, and I wouldn't make major decisions based on the numbers I get.
  • There's no ability to split test in Infusionsoft, which is a big missing component in my opinion.
It's good for a campaign that will take a long period of time; it's easy to set it up and then not have to worry about it. Not so great for a larger-scale operation or bigger company, but it's a good tool for smaller companies that aren't doing a huge amount of email marketing.
Community user groups were extremely helpful to our team. Being able to pose situations to other users allowed us to find better and more efficient ways to use the tool. We were able to use tags more effectively, allowing us to have deep segregation in our contact lists and email sends.
N/A - I personally haven't had to use this feature.
There are some definitely flaws, especially if you'd like a more detailed and/or comprehensive email design. However, it's great for simple and long term email campaigns and the e-commerce platform was a lifesaver. It's not as very easy to learn how to use, so it makes it hard for our whole team to be able to use the tool. But the details in the CRM system are fantastic; you can get creative and in-depth with how you tag contacts.
Read Sereena Schneider (LION)'s full review
Craig Jacobson | TrustRadius Reviewer
the main advantage for us is to segment nd lead score our leads. segmenting them allows us to speak with different people differently. We all know that having a relevant conversation is better.
  • It allows you to segment prospects and deliver them different messages.
  • It allows us to communicate with first time users differently from existing clients.
  • It allows us to identify referral sources and communicate with them.
  • It allows us to communicate with "lost users" and draw them back.
  • Overall we can run more effective marketing by matching messages to people's behaviors and interests.
  • Reporting can use improvement. It's good but not great.
  • Shopping cart is good but not great.
  • Can't configure sales rep's "opportunity" funnel screens to our business
  • It doesn't do quoting or generating estimates very well...ok but not a strong point.
  • Online training
  • In-person training
  • Self-taught
Their tech support it excellent.
What is does, it does well.
overall keap is best for small simple businesses.
Read Craig Jacobson's full review
November 07, 2020
Jan Rock | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the platform for Bookings online and over the phone. Email marketing and tracking sale leads.
  • Pipeline for inbound sale.
  • Emails.
  • Sale on and off line.
  • Email marketing.
  • Offer Gateways for payment at the best price for the user.

Why is Keap forcing user to switch gateway? They make out it's for better user experience and security. The truth is they are getting a kickback from your turnover. At present my with Sage Pay I have no alternative other than to use Nexus as my gateway which will increases my yearly charges by 1% cost which is an extra £5000 pound a year. Keap get the the lion’s share of this extra cosy as a kickback from Nexus. Other gateway providers take an even larger cut of your turnover.
I've been with Infusionsoft/Keap for over 10 years and used SagePay as my gateway.

Things are tough enough with Covid 19. Keap/Infusionsoft do not offer a fair price alternative.

They just want to line their pockets and are not being transparent about their motives for doing this .

QUOTES from Keap:

Keap helps you grow your business, improve customer service & increase sales.

Not sure how to grow your business ? We are here to help . This is the go-to place to find the right resources to grow your business.

There is a lot to take and you can't find the solution if you don't understand all it can do.
Read Jan Rock's full review
March 29, 2021
It keeps us organized so that everyone knows where each contact is in our customer journey process.
  • Automates communications.
  • Allows you to create systems to keep things organized.
  • Allows E-Commerce to be part of the automation.
  • Landing page builder could be more flexible.
  • Ecom order forms could be more flexible.
  • Legacy tools could be hidden better.
It’s great for saving time on repetitive tasks. Any email you’ve ever written more than a few times can be automated.

When situations change, automation can change with it, for example, if you have automated emails going to a contact that ask them to purchase, once the purchase happens, the automation stops those emails and starts the on boarding emails without you having to do a thing. You just set up a notification for yourself.

If you have a lot of complex relationships between contacts, like parent and multiple children that you are trying to track together, but they all need their own record, this gets difficult.
March 25, 2021
I use Keap to communicate with clients, fulfill orders, offer support and to process sales. It keeps track of everything I do and makes my work possible. I set up numerous linked campaigns and move clients from entry level free products up to higher priced products.
  • I like the email sequences, it's easy to see what I've set up and what response I'm getting.
  • I like the dashboard to see at a glance what's happening.
  • I think the technical support for phone help is excellent most of the time.
  • The trainings do not match the updated product.
  • The tech support kept offering me different answers and it took a month to find the best solution for a payment plan.
  • I want to be able to Google something I want to accomplish in Keap and to find the answer right away.
  • There are problems with the application that cannot be dealt with through chat. There should be phone support on evenings and weekends..
Keap is a workhorse, and you can automate so much of your business. The drawback is finding out how to implement that automation in the best way possible. Keap needs more phone support and better training. The video trainings they produce are excellent, they need more of these videos for more in depth topics.
March 24, 2021
We use Keap for broadcasts to past and present clients. I also get leads and promoters through Keap. It gives me an easy way to get the information through my email and contact them easily. I can access patient information efficiently. Automations are easy and help with our workshops. The support of a Keap Help/Tech Support is amazing. Grady has had wonderful zooms on Keap trainings
  • Patient info and contact info in one easy location
  • Broadcasts
  • Support and training
  • Automations
  • Leads and promoter comes through my email
  • Easy links for automation
  • The headings on my broadcasts need to be BioSport so that customers will see that and open it
Well suited for broadcasts and automations. Automations are not for beginners.
March 24, 2021
Our company has used Keap (formerly Infusionsoft) for about the last decade as our CRM and main follow up hub for all lead, customer and employee communications. We absolutely love that Keap offers an array of 3rd party integrations, handles all of our tracking needs via tags, talks to our membership website with Memberium integration, and allows for completely customizable campaign buildouts for all of our lead strategies and follow up needs that ultimately help build our business. Can't say enough great things about this platform.
  • Database.
  • Communications.
  • Tracking.
  • Reporting, duplicate check for other phone fields...
  • None, just excited to see what other integrations come out to make Keap even better!
This platform would be well-suited for someone who is looking to up their CRM game to the next several levels.

This platform might not be appropriate for someone who is looking for a simple database (as storage, for example), as Keap lets you dive pretty deep into the customer's journey.
March 24, 2021
I use Keap for my email and online marketing both in my work as a songwriting consultant and recording studio owner as well as to support my consulting business. It helps me stay in touch with current and potential clients.
  • The campaigns are very well thought out.
  • Keap allows me to stay in touch with my clients via my blog.
  • Keap allows me to drip marketing messages to support my various products.
  • The campaign landing pages aren’t quite as user-friendly as they could be.
  • The graphics are a bit rudimentary.
  • Sometimes campaigns are unnecessarily complex.
It’s great for marketing if you’re willing to do the work up front. It’s less appropriate if you’re not computer savvy.
December 04, 2020
We are currently using Infusionsoft to track sales leads as they move through the sales process as well as current clients. Infusionsoft has helped us house everything in one place that we rely on every day to bring on new clients as well as support existing clients. We use it for sales and support as our main hub of information.
  • Infusionsoft is a one stop show for managing your clients from a prospective client through being able to support them along the way as they become your client.
  • Infusionsoft automates recurring monthly payments from clients.
  • Infusionsoft alows you to keep in contact with prospective and current clients through the ability to automate emails.
  • Having everything in one place is good but it is also too cumbersome. Some things such as searching for clients could be simplified.
  • Support is helpful but there needs to be more help for clients wanting to use the API functionality. Support agents are not very helpful when it comes to API setup.
  • Support is helpful but could be more knowledgeable about the system. Sometimes feels like you know more about it than support.
I would look at the software as a whole to see if it met all of my needs before making the decision to use Infusionsoft. If you need to use it with multiple tools to complete the job then it may not be for you as it is somewhat cumbersome to use and can be confusing. I rated the system a 7 because it is able to fulfill our needs and more but can use some improvements such as support and ease of use.
Scaling is cumbersome and support is lacking to assist in being able to scale.
December 01, 2020
  • Infusionsoft is highly effective for small business growth because it automates many of the processes that would have to be manually repeated with traditional software.
  • Infusionsoft will assist you in following up with your leads and customers via a string of automated emails. Email deliverability is excellent compared to other providers.
  • You can segment your database in a highly effective manner so that prospects, leads and customers only receive the information that they are looking for.
  • If you have companies that are interested in selling your products/services for a commission, Infusionsfot provides a highly organized process for accomplishing this. Your affiliates will be able to track their leads, sales, and the amount of traffic they are sending to your website.
  • They provide a simplistic method of creating a shopping cart on your site so you can begin to offer online products/services.
  • Lead management is handled efficiently via online reminders, the ability to score leads, the ability for management to monitor and track the lead through the pipeline (i.e. from when it first comes in to when the sale is consummated or there is no sale).
  • You have the ability to perform most basic accounting functions within your Infusionsoft account, and the rest can be linked to your account through one of their add-on services.
  • The email builder is an absolute disaster and no signs of improvement are on the horizon. Be prepared for numerous bugs if you use it. Although it's a pain I would recommend working with one of their partners who focus solely on email templates. The cost will be worth forgoing the pain you experience in trying to deal with the problems that arise.
If you are looking to invest in a software system that is going to do everything for you and involves no thought, setup or follow through then Infusionsoft is not the right fit for you. But if you are serious about growing your business and willing to put forth the time and effort to get the most out of Infusionsoft then I would highly recommend it as an all-in-one marketing software.
I regularly attend the free webinars which offer useful sales, marketing, management and general direction both for Keap and for running our business. I find these webinars to be highly informational and not extremely commercial which leads me to keep coming back.

The help center is also highly useful when I run into an issue with an update or new offering from Keap.
  • Online training
  • In-person training
  • Self-taught
Most of the support staff is friendly and knowledgeable about Infusionsoft. Every once in awhile you may encounter as unpleasant situation, but if you stick with it (i.e. follow up) it will be resolved.
It is easier to use (and implement) than when we first signed on four years ago; however, there is still a learning curve, particularly for those who are inexperienced with database marketing.

Don't buy into it expecting someone to hold your hand, but they will guide and support you to where you need to go.
December 01, 2020
We use Keap (formerly Infusionsoft) throughout our departments: marketing, design, and sales. We have also partnered with them so we can sell it to our clients, hoping it will be the CRM solution we all need. However, my honest feedback is that it's overly complicated and not very user friendly. Although we still use it for some of our clients, we're slowly transitioning everyone to different CRM solutions.
  • Tagging system is done well
  • Visual campaign creating is convenient and works well for people who like to visualise and see the bigger picture
  • Email editor is nice
  • Editing scheduled emails is not easy and quick
  • Form styling could be much better
  • Integrations with other tools are glitchy; we always set Zapier back up just in case
Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with the tool. All other CRMs have come such a long way when it comes to being user friendly and including a plethora of features. We stopped recommending it as a tool to use, and suggest other options instead, based on the industry (e.g., e-commerce clients are seeing great success with Klaviyo, Hubspot has been phenomenal for corporate clients, ActiveCampaign is a good solution for small businesses, etc.).
Overall, I'd give Keap (formerly Infusionsoft) a five. It has a pretty large learning curve and it's not designed to be user friendly. The interface looks pretty outdated and the features could use some improvement as well.
They have a fairly large collection of tutorial videos and articles. I haven't engaged with their support, so I'm unsure of how that works, but their resources were always helpful.
December 11, 2020
We use Infusionsoft for our email marketing, as well as automating some advertising campaigns and order fulfillment processes. It is used by our administrative staff and marketing department.
  • Automation
  • Email marketing
  • Huge learning curve
  • Nothing is intuitive
It's good for taking inputs from various sources and creating automations. You don't need to be a programmer or understand APIs to do a lot of very impressive and helpful things.
The Facebook group can be helpful to keep abreast of what is happening. The help center sometimes answers questions, and when it doesn't I am always able to connect to their chat support quickly. The quality of the support I receive via chat is inconsistent, with problems sometimes resolved immediately and sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a moron.

WYSIWYG email editor (50)
Dynamic content (47)
6.7
Ability to test dynamic content (15)
5.0
Landing pages (55)
A/B testing (10)
Mobile optimization (50)
6.6
Email deliverability reporting (68)
List management (64)
Triggered drip sequences (49)
Lead nurturing (62)
Lead scoring and grading (56)
Data quality management (55)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (59)
Calendaring (23)
Event/webinar marketing (14)
Social sharing and campaigns (15)
5.7
Social profile integration (15)
5.0
Dashboards (55)
Standard reports (63)
Custom reports (59)
API (56)
Role-based workflow & approvals (47)
Customizability (61)
Integration with Salesforce.com (5)
6.0
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (6)
6.5
Integration with SugarCRM (5)
6.0

What is Keap?

Keap is focused on helping entrepreneurs succeed. With sales and marketing automation, in concert with its CRM, users can create repeatable processes designed for growth while making the most of work hours. The vendor stastes users can take control of the chaos in their businesses with:
  • Sales & marketing automation: Emails and other marketing actions are triggered by client action
  • Sales Pipeline: Visual dashboard to track the sales process
  • Payments and e-commerce: Send invoices clients can pay in one click
  • Reporting & analytics: Know what’s working and where to focus time

Has featureEmail deliverability reporting
Has featureList management

Lead Management Features

Has featureLead nurturing
Has featureLead scoring and grading
Has featureData quality management
Has featureAutomated sales alerts and tasks

Campaign Management Features

Has featureRole-based workflow & approvals
Has featureCustomizability

Keap Screenshots

Keap Video

Though Milkhouse Candles has grown into a successful local business, they faced problems following up with leads and left thousands of dollars on the table. Infusionsoft helped them communicate with leads to grow their business and craft an effective customer relationship management system.

Keap Downloadables

• Entry-level set up fee?Required
Grow$79per month
Pro$149per month
Max$199per month

Pricing starts as low as $79. Get started growing your business and learn more about our pricing and features at https://keap.com/pricing.

Keap Support Options