Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Call recording (6)9.595%
- Answering rules (7)9.191%
- Directory of employee names (6)9.191%
- Message alerts (7)8.181%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Nextiva Business Phone Service, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $18.95 per month
Business Communication Suite
Includes: Customer Relationship Suite, Phone Service, Sales & Service CRM, Team Collaboration, Business Analytics, Surveys, and Live Chat Software
Customer Relationship Suite
Includes: Sales & Service CRM, Business Analytics, Surveys, and Live Chat Software
Team Collaboration Suite (which is currently in Beta)
Includes: Team Collaboration features
- Support can take a while to get a hold of
- Customer Service: By far one of the best in the industry, always can get a hold of a rep and they take care of any issues very quickly.
- Ease of use: The softphone for desktop and for mobile devices is intuitive and easy to use.
- Offer multiple products depending on your needs: Not everyone needs a call center or full-out conferencing solution. Nextiva has several plans to give business owners just what they need.
- Reliability: I have used Nextiva for over 6 years and I have never experienced a full outage. I think maybe once or twice in that 6-year span they had some issues with softphones logging in, but outside of that, call quality and dependability have been great.
- Integration: Although they do integrate with Outlook and a few other third-party services, compared to some other VOIP vendors they don't integrate as deeply and their integrations are somewhat basic.
- Update their documentation on the website: Although they have a lot of documentation, sometimes they still have older screen shots and could try and update some of that material.
- Adding Contacts: The way you add contacts and request each other is kind of weird. You need to do this in order to see their status. You can see everyone in the global address book but without adding a person as a contact you cannot see if they are on a call or not. I think out of the box the address book (or at least the directory) should already be able to see the status and you should not have to request them as a contact.
If you are looking for a service that will integrate with many other third-party products you may use already, you may want to look at another VOIP vendor that has deeper integrations with third-party applications. If you are looking for the lowest price VOIP system, although Nextiva is not the most expensive, it is still in the middle of the pack when it comes to pricing. If you are looking for just cheap simple VOIP you may be able to find some vendors that are a little bit more affordable.
- Clear phone calls
- Stable service
- Feature rich phone interface
- Handy mobile companion app
- Easy to manage
- While phones are feature rich, they can still be confusing for some of our users.
- Mobile app can be glitchy at times.
- Would love to see more touch screen options.
- Phone Calls.
- Makes calls
- App works
- Caller ID
- Can't use Bluetooth headsets.
- Our teams are located in three different countries. This includes Administration, Customers Support, Technical Support, and Sales. All of us have an internal number reachable from any mobile or laptop.
- Looking for the internal directory and dialing a three digit number is very easy. We communicate with workers in different countries as we where in the same building
- User-friendly application with availability indicator, call settings, and personal preferences.
- Being a top VOIP provider with plenty of capabilities, it is difficult to show missing functionalities or fault. This, like a better call log with the customizable report, is desirable but is based on personal taste more than a lack of performance.
- More packages including the conference bridge.
- GUI could be customizable with corporate branding.
- Allows you to personalize your auto-attendant.
- Allows call-forwarding to personal cell phones if desired.
- Great customer service for any hiccups encountered.
- I would love to see more analytics about how I am using the tool delivered to my inbox weekly. Currently, I have to log in to see stats and dig through links to find what I am looking for. Not a dire necessity, but would like to see that.
- Sometimes where to upload audio files (like for the call attendant) are confusing - I had to contact customer support each time I wanted to do this and it's still something I'd have to call them about again.
- I remember Nextiva having a very detailed and supportive staff over the phone to address any questions or comments. We would call and ask to do trials and the staff was always willing to help.
- Easy transfer - we did not need to purchase new phones to have Nextiva as a VoIP provider.
- The online site to manage the phone systems were very easy to use and had user friendly interfaces.
- I recently went on the website and need clearer directions to what solutions I need from Nextiva.
I would recommend Nextiva as an alternative. We rarely came upon issues, and if we did, our VP of Operations was able to connect with the right people to fix the issues.