Nextiva Business Phone Service Reviews

May 27, 2021
Scott Scanlon | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used across the entire organization. It is used heavily by our Customer Service department. They are using the call center functionality and it has been a smooth transition. They also use the call recording and that has worked wonders for them. Everyone in the organization has a softphone and this is a big help compared to our last phone system in where only managers had softphones. With the pandemic, Nextiva has let us use our business phone numbers from wherever and we have been able to stay productive just as being in the office. Being able to make and take calls from anywhere has made it easy to stay productive, and everyone is easily accessible. The extra features like voicemail to email have been a bonus. People like that they no longer have to call into their voice mail and put a password in.
  • Customer Service: By far one of the best in the industry, always can get a hold of a rep and they take care of any issues very quickly.
  • Ease of use: The softphone for desktop and for mobile devices is intuitive and easy to use.
  • Offer multiple products depending on your needs: Not everyone needs a call center or full-out conferencing solution. Nextiva has several plans to give business owners just what they need.
  • Reliability: I have used Nextiva for over 6 years and I have never experienced a full outage. I think maybe once or twice in that 6-year span they had some issues with softphones logging in, but outside of that, call quality and dependability have been great.
  • Integration: Although they do integrate with Outlook and a few other third-party services, compared to some other VOIP vendors they don't integrate as deeply and their integrations are somewhat basic.
  • Update their documentation on the website: Although they have a lot of documentation, sometimes they still have older screen shots and could try and update some of that material.
  • Adding Contacts: The way you add contacts and request each other is kind of weird. You need to do this in order to see their status. You can see everyone in the global address book but without adding a person as a contact you cannot see if they are on a call or not. I think out of the box the address book (or at least the directory) should already be able to see the status and you should not have to request them as a contact.
It is well suited for anyone who wants an easy to use very reliable VOIP service. If you have call center agents, it works very well for that situation as well. If you have people in multiple offices or work from home/remote it is a great solution. If you want everyone to be able to receive and make business calls from business numbers anywhere, this is your solution.

If you are looking for a service that will integrate with many other third-party products you may use already, you may want to look at another VOIP vendor that has deeper integrations with third-party applications. If you are looking for the lowest price VOIP system, although Nextiva is not the most expensive, it is still in the middle of the pack when it comes to pricing. If you are looking for just cheap simple VOIP you may be able to find some vendors that are a little bit more affordable.
Read Scott Scanlon's full review
March 04, 2020
Nextiva is our company's phone system and is being used across the whole organization. We use their desktop phones, conference phones, as well as the Nextiva app on our smart devices. We had previously used a different VOIP phone system that was not incredibly reliable, and this system has dramatically stabilized our phones and provided much-needed tools that we did not previously have.
  • Clear phone calls
  • Stable service
  • Feature rich phone interface
  • Handy mobile companion app
  • Easy to manage
  • While phones are feature rich, they can still be confusing for some of our users.
  • Mobile app can be glitchy at times.
  • Would love to see more touch screen options.
Nextiva is a solid performer with reliable service, good features, and a flexible and scalable framework. It is ideal for small to mid-size businesses and may even work for larger enterprises, depending on your needs. It performs well for mobile, desk and conference and offers a lot of options for growing.
Support is great. We usually get someone on the phone; they answer our questions and help us with our issues. They are responsive when we call, and there is also a wealth of information on their online help center, which will typically answer our question or send us in the right direction.
January 30, 2020
Josh Musson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Nextiva is being used by our organization as the main way that we keep track of talk time and phone calls. It is being used by each department individually and across the whole organization. The problem it addresses is keeping track of phone calls and talk time and engagement that we've had with each prospect. It is actually shown on the Big Screen TV's that we have in the office what everybody is at for the day with talk time and phone calls. We can see how each person is doing in the office and if they have really been working hard that day.
  • Tracking.
  • Phone Calls.
  • Integration.
  • Texting.
I think Nextiva is well suited for what it is used for. It is a great tracking tool to see what each person within the company is doing each day when it comes to making phone calls and the time that they have talked on the phone each day. I don't know in what scenario it isn't really appropriate. I think it is great at what it is used for. I haven't even seen a competitor that is close to doing what Nextiva does for our company.
I think Nextiva is a great tool for what we use it for. It is used for tracking time and used also in our bonus structure to make sure we have the specified amount of talk time. I really enjoy this application and everything that it is used for within our company. There's not a whole lot I can say about it other than it is a really neat tool.
Read Josh Musson's full review
August 03, 2019
Hunter Clayton | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is our primary phone provider throughout the organization. It is used to send and receive phone calls. It addresses business problems such as identifying caller ID and tracking calls.
  • Makes calls
  • App works
  • Caller ID
  • Can't use Bluetooth headsets.
It is well suited in sending and receiving phone calls as well as identifying who is calling. It is less suited for using Bluetooth headphones to make calls. I would really like to use my wireless headphones to make calls so that I don't have to wear a bulky headset or hold a phone. This is a huge pain point for me.
Support has been good so far. You can find information on the web fairly easily, but it could be better.
Read Hunter Clayton's full review
May 15, 2019
Jose Luis Reyes Graterol | TrustRadius Reviewer
Nextiva is used across my whole organization for those workers based in the Americas. Being a multinational corporation, we have workers all over the globe. My team includes people in 5 states in North America, plus Colombia and Brazil. All of us are connected via Nextiva with a working "internal" phone extension.
  • Our teams are located in three different countries. This includes Administration, Customers Support, Technical Support, and Sales. All of us have an internal number reachable from any mobile or laptop.
  • Looking for the internal directory and dialing a three digit number is very easy. We communicate with workers in different countries as we where in the same building
  • User-friendly application with availability indicator, call settings, and personal preferences.
  • Being a top VOIP provider with plenty of capabilities, it is difficult to show missing functionalities or fault. This, like a better call log with the customizable report, is desirable but is based on personal taste more than a lack of performance.
  • More packages including the conference bridge.
  • GUI could be customizable with corporate branding.
Nextiva is perfectly suited for businesses functioning in different countries, especially when a large number of person-to-person calls are needed. Not well suitable for small, single location firms, or when large conference calls are only needed.
Read Jose Luis Reyes Graterol's full review
September 18, 2017
Heather Neisen | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a small consulting firm who used the phone services provided by a co-working office. When we stopped using that office, we needed to have our own dedicated phone provider. We all work remotely and travel frequently, so we needed a reliable solution that worked on-the-go.
  • Allows you to personalize your auto-attendant.
  • Allows call-forwarding to personal cell phones if desired.
  • Great customer service for any hiccups encountered.
  • I would love to see more analytics about how I am using the tool delivered to my inbox weekly. Currently, I have to log in to see stats and dig through links to find what I am looking for. Not a dire necessity, but would like to see that.
  • Sometimes where to upload audio files (like for the call attendant) are confusing - I had to contact customer support each time I wanted to do this and it's still something I'd have to call them about again.
It's been a great tool at a good price for our small team. We do not need many features and we really do not have any complex situations to navigate. Never have had any technical issues, pleased with the service. Always get a quick answer from their support team if I have a question, which I appreciate.
Read Heather Neisen's full review
July 25, 2014
Nextiva was used across the whole organization as a VOIP provider. The phone was accessible by external and internal constituents. We had issues of connectivity and the quality of sound from a previous provider was horrible. We researched and found Nextiva as a new alternative.
  • I remember Nextiva having a very detailed and supportive staff over the phone to address any questions or comments. We would call and ask to do trials and the staff was always willing to help.
  • Easy transfer - we did not need to purchase new phones to have Nextiva as a VoIP provider.
  • The online site to manage the phone systems were very easy to use and had user friendly interfaces.
  • I recently went on the website and need clearer directions to what solutions I need from Nextiva.
Questions to be asked during the selection procress: How helpful is Nextiva's support staff? Are they accessible 24 hours a day if the VoIP system goes down? Is there an alternative site to manage the phone lines, voice messages, and greeting systems?

I would recommend Nextiva as an alternative. We rarely came upon issues, and if we did, our VP of Operations was able to connect with the right people to fix the issues.

Hosted PBX (5)
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (5)
User templates (4)
Call reports (4)
Directory of employee names (5)
Answering rules (6)
Audio conferencing (5)
Video screen sharing (3)
Instant messaging (3)
Mobile app for iOS (5)
Mobile app for Android (3)
6.5

What is Nextiva Business Phone Service?

Nextiva is a business communications platform that includes a VoIP solution, CRM software, BI software, cloud storage, phone and device rentals, email marketing automation software, and a contact center solution. These products can be purchased individually or together. Nextiva's main capabilities center around centralized communications management, data analytics, and automated tasks. Its main offerings can be partitioned into three separate products outlined below.

Business Communication Suite
Includes: Customer Relationship Suite, Phone Service, Sales & Service CRM, Team Collaboration, Business Analytics, Surveys, and Live Chat Software

Customer Relationship Suite
Includes: Sales & Service CRM, Business Analytics, Surveys, and Live Chat Software

Team Collaboration Suite (which is currently in Beta)
Includes: Team Collaboration features