https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/CL/F9/0WC182HI2JFT.JPEGSales and marketing in sync--at last!We use PieSync to stitch our many marketing and sales tools together, and it works SEAMLESSLY. Our CRM is synced to marketing automation, which is synced to LiveChat. It reconciles contacts between all our tools. We also like that it is a real-time sync, not a one-time info sync.,Contact syncing Real-time syncing Integrating sales and marketing Contact backup Segmentation (via rules-based syncing),Syncing deal fields with CRMs Syncing leads from chat tools like Intercom Syncing based on other fields than email address (such as phone number),10,It has helped us to get to deep segmentation,Zapier,BirdEye, Magento, Infusionsoft,1,1,Integrations Data mining Syncing Segmentation,Integrating marketing automation with CRM Integrating chat with CRM,Integrating point of sale with marketing automation Integrating point of sale with CRM,10,No,Product Features Product Usability,I wouldn't change anything. There wasn't much to evaluate. I simply plugged in my application API keys and mapped a few fields. It doesn't get any easier than that!,9,No,PieSync personally took app requests from me and delivered them within a few months. That was amazing!,Field mapping Integrations Historical syncing,No,10Cut down your admin time.We are using PieSync throughout the organization to normalize client databases between our cloud based applications. Our intent for the application is to reduce the amount of data that has to be entered individually into different applications, which would increase the need for headcount and reduce the amount of time spent on productivity.,PieSync is excellent for moving existing data between applications. PieSync is good at managing conflicts in data. PieSync allows users to control which data should be synched.,PieSync should continue to add platforms to integrate, some of my apps are not supported.,10,PieSync has allowed us to connect data from two of our locations in one database. We reduced admin time by 10%. Has allowed us to trial applications with our own data imported.,IFTTT and Zapier,Zapier, Freshdesk, Xero, Freshsales CRM, QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Todoist, MailChimpPieSync Just WorksWe use PieSync to sync our Google contacts to our CRM (Copper). We have used it in the past to sync between different Google contact databases as well. So, we only have to enter contact info once and it populates to our other database. Updates to a contact's data also sync seamlessly.,PieSync just works. We set it and forget it. It is completely trouble and hassle free. The setup process was extremely easy to implement and we got everything right the first time.,In the plan we have, PieSync does not sync 100% of the fields we might like to sync (although, it syncs 100% of those we need it to sync).,10,We have made no effort to calculate an ROI for PieSync. ROI is great if you need to prove something has value to yourself or to others. We don't need to do that. PieSync works great and easily pays for itself.,,Copper (formerly ProsperWorks), AutoCAD, Slack, Microsoft Office 2016PieSync is as easy to use as pie.We use PieSync to sync contacts between Microsoft Exchange and Insightly (our contact management software). This allows us to enter contact information into cell phones, sync over old contacts from Outlook, and continually be up-to-date with current contact information easily. The sync happens pretty seamlessly and most people in the organization don't realize how we are able to sync all the contacts between devices and systems.,PieSync runs continually so there is little to no disruption and people always have access to the latest contact information for our clients and prospects. PieSync runs efficiently in the background so there is little maintenance or attention that it needs, which is great. PieSync does a great job of letting you decide how you want items to sync across platforms so you can customize to how your organization uses a particular software.,The biggest issue we have had with PieSync is the lack of detail within syncing. Sometimes when there is an issue with a Sync it is hard to determine what went wrong. Even though most of the time it's user error, it's hard to diagnose issues with the current PieSync set-up. The pricing of PieSync is a little odd and I think should be based on something other than number of contacts you're syncing.,8,PieSync probably saved us 100 hours of time transferring contacts from an old contact management system to a new one.,Insightly, SlackPiesync Makes My Life EasierPieSync is used to keep all of our contact and mailing software up to date, and to create profiles for the people we need to have in our contacts. It has been tremendously valuable in helping us to avoid extra work and to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.,Anyone I add to my CRM software is automatically added to my mailing program, and vice versa. Nobody is missed and double entry is avoided. All people added to my CRM that meet certain criteria are created as contacts in Outlook. This is important for hands free calling (Georgia is a hands free state now) and having the names come up on my caller ID on my cell phone. They are constantly adding new syncs, and continually improving the software.,More software programs could be added.,10,It has cut my workload, and time is money!!,HubSpot CRM, HubSpot Sales, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office 365
PieSync

PieSync Reviews

PieSync
Filter 15 vetted PieSync reviews and ratings

Tim Berman profile photo
December 10, 2018

PieSync Review: "Sales and marketing in sync--at last!"

• Contact syncing
  • Real-time syncing
  • Integrating sales and marketing
  • Contact backup
  • Segmentation (via rules-based syncing)
  • Syncing deal fields with CRMs
  • Syncing leads from chat tools like Intercom
  • Syncing based on other fields than email address (such as phone number)
PieSync connects several of my cloud apps that do not integrate at all or have weak integrations, like Pipedrive and Drip, Intercom, Front, and so forth. PieSync cannot yet sync Intercom Leads, though. That's being released soon!

Read Tim Berman's full review
James E. Heyward CPA profile photo
December 09, 2018

PieSync Review: "Cut down your admin time."

• PieSync is excellent for moving existing data between applications.
  • PieSync is good at managing conflicts in data.
  • PieSync allows users to control which data should be synched.
  • PieSync should continue to add platforms to integrate, some of my apps are not supported.
PieSync is excellent for managing CRM and marketing data between applications. If the organization is cloud-base PieSync will help you optimize existing apps and make it easy to migrate to a different application if necessary.
Read James E. Heyward CPA's full review
Greg Hayne profile photo
December 03, 2018

User Review: "PieSync Just Works"

• PieSync just works. We set it and forget it. It is completely trouble and hassle free.
  • The setup process was extremely easy to implement and we got everything right the first time.
  • In the plan we have, PieSync does not sync 100% of the fields we might like to sync (although, it syncs 100% of those we need it to sync).
One of the strengths of PieSync is that it allows so many different software databases to sync. If we were to switch our CRM, almost certainly PieSync would work with whatever else we would pick.
Read Greg Hayne's full review
Patrick Breslin profile photo
August 08, 2018

User Review: "PieSync is as easy to use as pie."

• PieSync runs continually so there is little to no disruption and people always have access to the latest contact information for our clients and prospects.
  • PieSync runs efficiently in the background so there is little maintenance or attention that it needs, which is great.
  • PieSync does a great job of letting you decide how you want items to sync across platforms so you can customize to how your organization uses a particular software.
  • The biggest issue we have had with PieSync is the lack of detail within syncing. Sometimes when there is an issue with a Sync it is hard to determine what went wrong. Even though most of the time it's user error, it's hard to diagnose issues with the current PieSync set-up.
  • The pricing of PieSync is a little odd and I think should be based on something other than number of contacts you're syncing.
PieSync is great. It really fit a specific need we had and helped us seamlessly move our entire contact system from an old platform to a new one. It also helps us solve problems seamlessly.
Read Patrick Breslin's full review
David Wiener profile photo
August 17, 2018

User Review: "Piesync Makes My Life Easier"

• Anyone I add to my CRM software is automatically added to my mailing program, and vice versa. Nobody is missed and double entry is avoided.
  • All people added to my CRM that meet certain criteria are created as contacts in Outlook. This is important for hands free calling (Georgia is a hands free state now) and having the names come up on my caller ID on my cell phone.
  • They are constantly adding new syncs, and continually improving the software.
  • More software programs could be added.
Anyone who uses multiple software programs to keep track of prospect, clients, and contacts will have a need to keep them updated and synced. In some cases, there will be criteria that determines which are synced with which, or codes that will determine how they are added to certain programs. This happens instantaneously in the background. If you are busy, this will help!!
Read David Wiener's full review
Robert Paterson profile photo
August 14, 2018

Review: "PieSync Has Saved Us a Ton of Time - Can't Recommend This Highly Enough"

Our department uses PieSync to synchronize contacts between MailChimp and ProsperWorks. We used to have a problem segmenting contact groups and sending targeted campaigns while synchronizing with ProsperWorks, but with PieSync, we can now accomplish this between the two platforms automatically. The key is to sync MailChimp with tags in ProsperWorks, so that if someone is tagged with the name of the segment, they will be added automatically to the MailChimp segment, behind the scenes.
  • Methodically syncs between MailChimp and CRM platforms, in our case, ProsperWorks.
  • Organized interface, easy to understand directions and protocols.
  • Great support staff. If we ever had any questions, they got back to us right away.
  • It would be nice if the synchronization could go a little faster, but admittedly, with a large database, it's understandable that it takes time.
  • It would be nice if PieSync could provide monthly reports emailed to us directly of what was synced and what wasn't
  • It seems like in the beginning we had duplicates, but I think that's since been resolved.
Definitely well-suited for synchronizing MailChimp with a CRM, such as ProsperWorks. It's very useful for companies that have a large amount of contacts, and where you need to separate out groups within your database, and synchronize the segmented groups between MailChimp and a CRM. it might not be suitable if you only have a few contacts, or very few groups. This app allows you to really target audiences in a more specific way, which is more effective when promoting, and makes your customers feel like they are received a more targeted message.
Read Robert Paterson's full review
November 23, 2018

Review: "PieSync - A wonderful tool to keep everything in sync!"

PieSync is an easy to use software that allows you to sync data across your multiple different tools. It's unique because other automation tools are simply send data one-way. It's potentially possible to make these other tools sync, but it isn't as effective or simple to set up. PieSync helps you stay organized by ensuring that your data is all up to date, no matter what tool you're logging into.
  • Easy to Set Up - setting up PieSync to sync data is really simple and easy. Just select the 2 apps and the types of data/custom fields that you want to be synced.
  • Easy to Modify - after you setup the sync, you can easily modify or turn it off (if you want to).
  • Visual Editor - there's no coding required and no need to get a developer to help you setup or do any modification.
  • More supported apps
  • Include custom mapping on the Starter Plan
  • More powerful rules
PieSync is a wonderful tool if two-way sync is important to you. Do not use it if you're looking for an automation software like Zapier. If you're comparing PieSync to Zapier, you should also know that the cost for syncing data using PieSync is much more affordable in comparison to Zapier!
Thomas Olesen profile photo
January 31, 2018

PieSync Review: "A great solution to help with GDPR compliance."

I use PieSync for two purposes in my own business. I have a CRM system which is my central data storage system (important with GDPR looming) but I use other systems for specific purposes. One is my iPhone which I use day to day for communications generally. The other is MailChimp, an email newsletter system with good connectivity with such things as sign up forms on websites or social media.

In the case of the iPhone, any record that I add to my Contacts is automatically added and tagged in my CRM and, the other way round, any record in my CRM that I tag for the purpose, is automatically added to my iPhone Contacts. That means that I have them even if I don't have a data signal at the time, so I can still call or text them if I have a phone signal.

In the case of MailChimp, any Contact that subscribes is added to my CRM; any Contact that unsubscribes is tagged in my CRM; and any Contact that is tagged by me in my CRM is automatically added to my MailChimp newsletter list.

In this way, my CRM keeps a handle on everything going on in my business to do with Contacts whether it was initiated on my iPhone or in MailChimp. That keeps me compliant with the main thrust of the General Data Protection Regulation.
  • It can perform 2-way synchronisation between databases so that changes in one are reflected in the other and vice versa. This differs from systems that rely on triggers which are 1-way actions and therefore are likely to get out of sync over time.
  • It can place tags into databases as it updates them so that an audit trail is created and tracking is enabled.
  • If businesses use data silos (Google Contacts for example) it is possible to pull them all together into a single database with no duplications.
  • The only area for improvement that I can think of is adding more systems to the list of supported applications. This is a one time exercise per application and new applications are being added all the time - but if you have an unsupported application it is annoying!
Many small businesses use free software which is quite understandable but it can create a data headache because there are not many free systems that allow sophisticated data management in a multi-user environment. That leads to huge inefficiencies in both time and data. A classic example might be the preparation of a mailshot (email or paper) which may need to come from multiple sources and will contain duplicates. It is so much easier if the data is automatically deduplicated in the background and is always as up to date as the last change, wherever that change originated. The cost of product like PieSync is nothing compared with the time wasted trying to perform these functions manually.
Read Thomas Olesen's full review
Shirin Elkoshairi profile photo
December 19, 2017

Review: "Created an Inbound Marketing + CRM System that is quite impressive with PieSync"

PieSync is being used to support our sales and marketing efforts. We had an issue where our marketing database was in one place and sales had a completely different database. For years the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. The business problem solved is that for the first time, it appears that our marketing and sales qualified leads are all in the same database (Nimble) with 2 way replication of the data and subscribe/unsubscribe status. We've experimented with other sync options but Piesync is natively integrated into Nimble which gives us some added confidence that it's well supported and not a "hack".
  • Pie sync offers a 2 way sync between Nimble and MailChimp for us. Subscription status and other conditional logic can be applied to make sure that sales knows that marketing status of a client.
  • Because the syncs are 2 way with the conditional logic, we can make sure to revisit past marketing leads by using sales once a list is scrubbed or an unsubscribe occurs.
  • Piesync isn't limited to Nimble and MailChimp. For reps that want to keep their gSuite email contacts up to date, it's possible to sync all of these contacts with very little effort.
  • It would be nice to have some structured "recipes" similar to IFTTT that allow someone to setup specific functions between apps. This feature is there but not as built out as IFTTT.
We'd love to have a full blown inbound marketing system that is perfectly integrated with our CRM. The trick is, the systems that "do it all" seem to let us known in specific areas. For instance, the best CRM systems tend to have poor inbound marketing automation. The best marketing automation tend to have so-so CRM capabilities. PieSync allowed us to choose what we felt was best in category in each area and combine them.

While we don't have a perfect single pane of glass or a comprehensive dashboard, it's pretty robust and helpful. We tend to default to using our CRM database as the authoritative source of information.
Read Shirin Elkoshairi's full review
Erik Heldebro profile photo
December 20, 2017

PieSync Review: "Intuitive interface and does what it promises"

We're using it for syncing between our marketing automation platform and CRM. It helps keep data in sync between the systems as it should, we recently got started with it though.
  • Keeps data in sync quite quickly.
  • Has possibilities of custom field mapping making it quite useful for the investment.
  • Allows for setting custom rules for who should be synced and any steps on data changes once the contact is synced.
  • The only thing I see is offering more options for which data objects to retrieve data from as well as being able to create actions via POST instead of only syncing data, but for the cost options of Piesync, they are great at what they do!
If someone is looking to keep data in sync automatically when their two systems don't offer this feature I would recommend they check out Piesync. If however they are looking for API posts, I would check the use case before being able to recommend it.
Read Erik Heldebro's full review

Pre-built connectors (10)
Connector modification (9)
Support for real-time and batch integration (8)
Monitoring console (8)

About PieSync

PieSync works in the background and syncs a company's contacts two-way and in real time between cloud apps, so that each app has access to the most up to date customer information.

The vendor promises:

1. 3 Minute Setup: Users can take a free trial (no credit card required) by selecting the apps they want to connect, setting up the connection, then hitting “Start syncing”.

2. Ability to customize: Users can change the sync direction, create filters to manage subsets of contacts, sync deletions or unsubscribes, and select one of the apps to be the central database. Syncs can also be paused at any time.

3. Reporting: This is a "Set it and forget it" tool. The tool offers a dashboard to show how many contacts PieSync has added or updated.

Integrations offered are listed on the company's website.

PieSync Features

Cloud Data Integration Features
Has featurePre-built connectors
Has featureConnector modification
Has featureSupport for real-time and batch integration
Does not have featureData quality services
Does not have featureData security features
Has featureMonitoring console
Has featureSync contacts across cloud apps
Has featureReal time and two-way snyc
Has featureShare contacts with your team
Has featureNo more import/export
Has featureHave all your contacts on your smartphone
Has featureNo data entry errors

PieSync Screenshots