Reviews (1-10 of 10)
- Contact syncing
- Real-time syncing
- Integrating sales and marketing
- Contact backup
- Segmentation (via rules-based syncing)
- Syncing deal fields with CRMs
- Syncing leads from chat tools like Intercom
- Syncing based on other fields than email address (such as phone number)
- PieSync is excellent for moving existing data between applications.
- PieSync is good at managing conflicts in data.
- PieSync allows users to control which data should be synched.
- PieSync should continue to add platforms to integrate, some of my apps are not supported.
- PieSync just works. We set it and forget it. It is completely trouble and hassle free.
- The setup process was extremely easy to implement and we got everything right the first time.
- In the plan we have, PieSync does not sync 100% of the fields we might like to sync (although, it syncs 100% of those we need it to sync).
- PieSync runs continually so there is little to no disruption and people always have access to the latest contact information for our clients and prospects.
- PieSync runs efficiently in the background so there is little maintenance or attention that it needs, which is great.
- PieSync does a great job of letting you decide how you want items to sync across platforms so you can customize to how your organization uses a particular software.
- The biggest issue we have had with PieSync is the lack of detail within syncing. Sometimes when there is an issue with a Sync it is hard to determine what went wrong. Even though most of the time it's user error, it's hard to diagnose issues with the current PieSync set-up.
- The pricing of PieSync is a little odd and I think should be based on something other than number of contacts you're syncing.
- Anyone I add to my CRM software is automatically added to my mailing program, and vice versa. Nobody is missed and double entry is avoided.
- All people added to my CRM that meet certain criteria are created as contacts in Outlook. This is important for hands free calling (Georgia is a hands free state now) and having the names come up on my caller ID on my cell phone.
- They are constantly adding new syncs, and continually improving the software.
- More software programs could be added.
- Methodically syncs between MailChimp and CRM platforms, in our case, ProsperWorks.
- Organized interface, easy to understand directions and protocols.
- Great support staff. If we ever had any questions, they got back to us right away.
- It would be nice if the synchronization could go a little faster, but admittedly, with a large database, it's understandable that it takes time.
- It would be nice if PieSync could provide monthly reports emailed to us directly of what was synced and what wasn't
- It seems like in the beginning we had duplicates, but I think that's since been resolved.
- Easy to Set Up - setting up PieSync to sync data is really simple and easy. Just select the 2 apps and the types of data/custom fields that you want to be synced.
- Easy to Modify - after you setup the sync, you can easily modify or turn it off (if you want to).
- Visual Editor - there's no coding required and no need to get a developer to help you setup or do any modification.
- More supported apps
- Include custom mapping on the Starter Plan
- More powerful rules
In the case of the iPhone, any record that I add to my Contacts is automatically added and tagged in my CRM and, the other way round, any record in my CRM that I tag for the purpose, is automatically added to my iPhone Contacts. That means that I have them even if I don't have a data signal at the time, so I can still call or text them if I have a phone signal.
In the case of MailChimp, any Contact that subscribes is added to my CRM; any Contact that unsubscribes is tagged in my CRM; and any Contact that is tagged by me in my CRM is automatically added to my MailChimp newsletter list.
In this way, my CRM keeps a handle on everything going on in my business to do with Contacts whether it was initiated on my iPhone or in MailChimp. That keeps me compliant with the main thrust of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- It can perform 2-way synchronisation between databases so that changes in one are reflected in the other and vice versa. This differs from systems that rely on triggers which are 1-way actions and therefore are likely to get out of sync over time.
- It can place tags into databases as it updates them so that an audit trail is created and tracking is enabled.
- If businesses use data silos (Google Contacts for example) it is possible to pull them all together into a single database with no duplications.
- The only area for improvement that I can think of is adding more systems to the list of supported applications. This is a one time exercise per application and new applications are being added all the time - but if you have an unsupported application it is annoying!
- Pie sync offers a 2 way sync between Nimble and MailChimp for us. Subscription status and other conditional logic can be applied to make sure that sales knows that marketing status of a client.
- Because the syncs are 2 way with the conditional logic, we can make sure to revisit past marketing leads by using sales once a list is scrubbed or an unsubscribe occurs.
- Piesync isn't limited to Nimble and MailChimp. For reps that want to keep their gSuite email contacts up to date, it's possible to sync all of these contacts with very little effort.
- It would be nice to have some structured "recipes" similar to IFTTT that allow someone to setup specific functions between apps. This feature is there but not as built out as IFTTT.
- Keeps data in sync quite quickly.
- Has possibilities of custom field mapping making it quite useful for the investment.
- Allows for setting custom rules for who should be synced and any steps on data changes once the contact is synced.
- The only thing I see is offering more options for which data objects to retrieve data from as well as being able to create actions via POST instead of only syncing data, but for the cost options of Piesync, they are great at what they do!
PieSync Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
PieSync works in the background and syncs a company's contacts two-way and in real time between cloud apps, so that each app has access to the most up to date customer information.
The vendor promises:
1. 3 Minute Setup: Users can take a free trial (no credit card required) by selecting the apps they want to connect, setting up the connection, then hitting “Start syncing”.
2. Ability to customize: Users can change the sync direction, create filters to manage subsets of contacts, sync deletions or unsubscribes, and select one of the apps to be the central database. Syncs can also be paused at any time.
3. Reporting: This is a "Set it and forget it" tool. The tool offers a dashboard to show how many contacts PieSync has added or updated.
Integrations offered are listed on the company's website.
PieSync Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
PieSync Technical Details