https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/CL/F9/0WC182HI2JFT.JPEGPieSync is as easy to use as pie.We use PieSync to sync contacts between Microsoft Exchange and Insightly (our contact management software). This allows us to enter contact information into cell phones, sync over old contacts from Outlook, and continually be up-to-date with current contact information easily. The sync happens pretty seamlessly and most people in the organization don't realize how we are able to sync all the contacts between devices and systems.,PieSync runs continually so there is little to no disruption and people always have access to the latest contact information for our clients and prospects. PieSync runs efficiently in the background so there is little maintenance or attention that it needs, which is great. PieSync does a great job of letting you decide how you want items to sync across platforms so you can customize to how your organization uses a particular software.,The biggest issue we have had with PieSync is the lack of detail within syncing. Sometimes when there is an issue with a Sync it is hard to determine what went wrong. Even though most of the time it's user error, it's hard to diagnose issues with the current PieSync set-up. The pricing of PieSync is a little odd and I think should be based on something other than number of contacts you're syncing.,8,PieSync probably saved us 100 hours of time transferring contacts from an old contact management system to a new one.,Insightly, SlackSales and marketing in sync--at last!We use PieSync to stitch our many marketing and sales tools together, and it works SEAMLESSLY. Our CRM is synced to marketing automation, which is synced to LiveChat. It reconciles contacts between all our tools. We also like that it is a real-time sync, not a one-time info sync.,Contact syncing Real-time syncing Integrating sales and marketing Contact backup Segmentation (via rules-based syncing),Syncing deal fields with CRMs Syncing leads from chat tools like Intercom Syncing based on other fields than email address (such as phone number),10,It has helped us to get to deep segmentation,Zapier,BirdEye, Magento, InfusionsoftPiesync Makes My Life EasierPieSync is used to keep all of our contact and mailing software up to date, and to create profiles for the people we need to have in our contacts. It has been tremendously valuable in helping us to avoid extra work and to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.,Anyone I add to my CRM software is automatically added to my mailing program, and vice versa. Nobody is missed and double entry is avoided. All people added to my CRM that meet certain criteria are created as contacts in Outlook. This is important for hands free calling (Georgia is a hands free state now) and having the names come up on my caller ID on my cell phone. They are constantly adding new syncs, and continually improving the software.,More software programs could be added.,10,It has cut my workload, and time is money!!,HubSpot CRM, HubSpot Sales, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office 365PieSync Has Saved Us a Ton of Time - Can't Recommend This Highly EnoughOur department uses PieSync to synchronize contacts between MailChimp and ProsperWorks. We used to have a problem segmenting contact groups and sending targeted campaigns while synchronizing with ProsperWorks, but with PieSync, we can now accomplish this between the two platforms automatically. The key is to sync MailChimp with tags in ProsperWorks, so that if someone is tagged with the name of the segment, they will be added automatically to the MailChimp segment, behind the scenes.,Methodically syncs between MailChimp and CRM platforms, in our case, ProsperWorks. Organized interface, easy to understand directions and protocols. Great support staff. If we ever had any questions, they got back to us right away.,It would be nice if the synchronization could go a little faster, but admittedly, with a large database, it's understandable that it takes time. It would be nice if PieSync could provide monthly reports emailed to us directly of what was synced and what wasn't It seems like in the beginning we had duplicates, but I think that's since been resolved.,10,Definitely a positive ROI. Being able to synchronize segments has allowed us to monitor how many people respond to our email campaigns, and the response has been much higher after the implementation of PieSync. PieSync has also saved us a ton of time by automating synchronization. PieSync is also easy to teach others, so we are able to train our employees with regard to how to use it.,MailChimp, ProsperWorks CRM, SquarespaceA great solution to help with GDPR compliance.I use PieSync for two purposes in my own business. I have a CRM system which is my central data storage system (important with GDPR looming) but I use other systems for specific purposes. One is my iPhone which I use day to day for communications generally. The other is MailChimp, an email newsletter system with good connectivity with such things as sign up forms on websites or social media. In the case of the iPhone, any record that I add to my Contacts is automatically added and tagged in my CRM and, the other way round, any record in my CRM that I tag for the purpose, is automatically added to my iPhone Contacts. That means that I have them even if I don't have a data signal at the time, so I can still call or text them if I have a phone signal. In the case of MailChimp, any Contact that subscribes is added to my CRM; any Contact that unsubscribes is tagged in my CRM; and any Contact that is tagged by me in my CRM is automatically added to my MailChimp newsletter list. In this way, my CRM keeps a handle on everything going on in my business to do with Contacts whether it was initiated on my iPhone or in MailChimp. That keeps me compliant with the main thrust of the General Data Protection Regulation.,It can perform 2-way synchronisation between databases so that changes in one are reflected in the other and vice versa. This differs from systems that rely on triggers which are 1-way actions and therefore are likely to get out of sync over time. It can place tags into databases as it updates them so that an audit trail is created and tracking is enabled. If businesses use data silos (Google Contacts for example) it is possible to pull them all together into a single database with no duplications.,The only area for improvement that I can think of is adding more systems to the list of supported applications. This is a one time exercise per application and new applications are being added all the time - but if you have an unsupported application it is annoying!,10,PieSync has saved me a lot of time. It is straightforward to learn and use and therefore the initial set up time is not great, but once set up you can more or less forget that it is there working away in the background. My business is small and was already pretty streamlined with a CRM system etc. PieSync is likely to have a much greater ROI for a business that is less streamlined or is more complex to start with.,Zapier,Nimble, eClincher, Vtiger,No,Price Product Features,Connecting to each system was almost unbelievably easy The ability to select 1-way or 2-way sync The ability to add tags or make selections based on tags contained within the data,Nothing is cumbersome provided that the system is supported,No,10
PieSync

PieSync Reviews

PieSync
Filter 11 vetted PieSync reviews and ratings
Patrick Breslin profile photo
August 08, 2018

User Review: "PieSync is as easy to use as pie."

• PieSync runs continually so there is little to no disruption and people always have access to the latest contact information for our clients and prospects.
  • PieSync runs efficiently in the background so there is little maintenance or attention that it needs, which is great.
  • PieSync does a great job of letting you decide how you want items to sync across platforms so you can customize to how your organization uses a particular software.
  • The biggest issue we have had with PieSync is the lack of detail within syncing. Sometimes when there is an issue with a Sync it is hard to determine what went wrong. Even though most of the time it's user error, it's hard to diagnose issues with the current PieSync set-up.
  • The pricing of PieSync is a little odd and I think should be based on something other than number of contacts you're syncing.
PieSync is great. It really fit a specific need we had and helped us seamlessly move our entire contact system from an old platform to a new one. It also helps us solve problems seamlessly.
Read Patrick Breslin's full review
Tim Berman profile photo
September 05, 2018

PieSync Review: "Sales and marketing in sync--at last!"

• Contact syncing
  • Real-time syncing
  • Integrating sales and marketing
  • Contact backup
  • Segmentation (via rules-based syncing)
  • Syncing deal fields with CRMs
  • Syncing leads from chat tools like Intercom
  • Syncing based on other fields than email address (such as phone number)
PieSync connects several of my cloud apps that do not integrate at all or have weak integrations, like Pipedrive and Drip, Intercom, Front, and so forth. PieSync cannot yet sync Intercom Leads, though. That's being released soon!

Read Tim Berman's full review
David Wiener profile photo
August 17, 2018

User Review: "Piesync Makes My Life Easier"

• Anyone I add to my CRM software is automatically added to my mailing program, and vice versa. Nobody is missed and double entry is avoided.
  • All people added to my CRM that meet certain criteria are created as contacts in Outlook. This is important for hands free calling (Georgia is a hands free state now) and having the names come up on my caller ID on my cell phone.
  • They are constantly adding new syncs, and continually improving the software.
  • More software programs could be added.
Anyone who uses multiple software programs to keep track of prospect, clients, and contacts will have a need to keep them updated and synced. In some cases, there will be criteria that determines which are synced with which, or codes that will determine how they are added to certain programs. This happens instantaneously in the background. If you are busy, this will help!!
Read David Wiener's full review
Robert Paterson profile photo
August 14, 2018

Review: "PieSync Has Saved Us a Ton of Time - Can't Recommend This Highly Enough"

• Methodically syncs between MailChimp and CRM platforms, in our case, ProsperWorks.
  • Organized interface, easy to understand directions and protocols.
  • Great support staff. If we ever had any questions, they got back to us right away.
  • It would be nice if the synchronization could go a little faster, but admittedly, with a large database, it's understandable that it takes time.
  • It would be nice if PieSync could provide monthly reports emailed to us directly of what was synced and what wasn't
  • It seems like in the beginning we had duplicates, but I think that's since been resolved.
Definitely well-suited for synchronizing MailChimp with a CRM, such as ProsperWorks. It's very useful for companies that have a large amount of contacts, and where you need to separate out groups within your database, and synchronize the segmented groups between MailChimp and a CRM. it might not be suitable if you only have a few contacts, or very few groups. This app allows you to really target audiences in a more specific way, which is more effective when promoting, and makes your customers feel like they are received a more targeted message.
Read Robert Paterson's full review
Thomas Olesen profile photo
January 31, 2018

PieSync Review: "A great solution to help with GDPR compliance."

• It can perform 2-way synchronisation between databases so that changes in one are reflected in the other and vice versa. This differs from systems that rely on triggers which are 1-way actions and therefore are likely to get out of sync over time.
  • It can place tags into databases as it updates them so that an audit trail is created and tracking is enabled.
  • If businesses use data silos (Google Contacts for example) it is possible to pull them all together into a single database with no duplications.
  • The only area for improvement that I can think of is adding more systems to the list of supported applications. This is a one time exercise per application and new applications are being added all the time - but if you have an unsupported application it is annoying!
Many small businesses use free software which is quite understandable but it can create a data headache because there are not many free systems that allow sophisticated data management in a multi-user environment. That leads to huge inefficiencies in both time and data. A classic example might be the preparation of a mailshot (email or paper) which may need to come from multiple sources and will contain duplicates. It is so much easier if the data is automatically deduplicated in the background and is always as up to date as the last change, wherever that change originated. The cost of product like PieSync is nothing compared with the time wasted trying to perform these functions manually.
Read Thomas Olesen's full review
Shirin Elkoshairi profile photo
December 19, 2017

Review: "Created an Inbound Marketing + CRM System that is quite impressive with PieSync"

PieSync is being used to support our sales and marketing efforts. We had an issue where our marketing database was in one place and sales had a completely different database. For years the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. The business problem solved is that for the first time, it appears that our marketing and sales qualified leads are all in the same database (Nimble) with 2 way replication of the data and subscribe/unsubscribe status. We've experimented with other sync options but Piesync is natively integrated into Nimble which gives us some added confidence that it's well supported and not a "hack".
  • Pie sync offers a 2 way sync between Nimble and MailChimp for us. Subscription status and other conditional logic can be applied to make sure that sales knows that marketing status of a client.
  • Because the syncs are 2 way with the conditional logic, we can make sure to revisit past marketing leads by using sales once a list is scrubbed or an unsubscribe occurs.
  • Piesync isn't limited to Nimble and MailChimp. For reps that want to keep their gSuite email contacts up to date, it's possible to sync all of these contacts with very little effort.
  • It would be nice to have some structured "recipes" similar to IFTTT that allow someone to setup specific functions between apps. This feature is there but not as built out as IFTTT.
We'd love to have a full blown inbound marketing system that is perfectly integrated with our CRM. The trick is, the systems that "do it all" seem to let us known in specific areas. For instance, the best CRM systems tend to have poor inbound marketing automation. The best marketing automation tend to have so-so CRM capabilities. PieSync allowed us to choose what we felt was best in category in each area and combine them.

While we don't have a perfect single pane of glass or a comprehensive dashboard, it's pretty robust and helpful. We tend to default to using our CRM database as the authoritative source of information.
Read Shirin Elkoshairi's full review
Erik Heldebro profile photo
December 20, 2017

PieSync Review: "Intuitive interface and does what it promises"

We're using it for syncing between our marketing automation platform and CRM. It helps keep data in sync between the systems as it should, we recently got started with it though.
  • Keeps data in sync quite quickly.
  • Has possibilities of custom field mapping making it quite useful for the investment.
  • Allows for setting custom rules for who should be synced and any steps on data changes once the contact is synced.
  • The only thing I see is offering more options for which data objects to retrieve data from as well as being able to create actions via POST instead of only syncing data, but for the cost options of Piesync, they are great at what they do!
If someone is looking to keep data in sync automatically when their two systems don't offer this feature I would recommend they check out Piesync. If however they are looking for API posts, I would check the use case before being able to recommend it.
Read Erik Heldebro's full review

Pre-built connectors (7)
Connector modification (7)
9.7
Support for real-time and batch integration (6)
Monitoring console (6)

About PieSync

PieSync works in the background and syncs a company's contacts two-way and in real time between cloud apps, so that each app has access to the most up to date customer information.

The vendor promises:

1. 3 Minute Setup: Users can take a free trial (no credit card required) by selecting the apps they want to connect, setting up the connection, then hitting “Start syncing”.

2. Ability to customize: Users can change the sync direction, create filters to manage subsets of contacts, sync deletions or unsubscribes, and select one of the apps to be the central database. Syncs can also be paused at any time.

3. Reporting: This is a "Set it and forget it" tool. The tool offers a dashboard to show how many contacts PieSync has added or updated.

Integrations offered are listed on the company's website.

PieSync Features

Cloud Data Integration Features
Has featurePre-built connectors
Has featureConnector modification
Has featureSupport for real-time and batch integration
Does not have featureData quality services
Does not have featureData security features
Has featureMonitoring console
Has featureSync contacts across cloud apps
Has featureReal time and two-way snyc
Has featureShare contacts with your team
Has featureNo more import/export
Has featureHave all your contacts on your smartphone
Has featureNo data entry errors

PieSync Screenshots