Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Multiple question types (124)9.191%
- Data export (121)8.686%
- Response tracking (121)8.686%
- Survey logic flexibility (124)7.777%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Qualtrics, and make your voice heard!
Research Core 1
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Qualtrics CoreXM offers a survey platform for actionable customer, market, and employee insights.
The software allows companies to collect and analyze data, with the goal of gathering insights that drive better decision-making and better customer experiences. Use cases include market research, voice of the customer programs, or employee engagement.
Customers include Nike, Netflix, American Airlines, American Express, Marriott, Microsoft, GE, P&G, Nasdaq, Ferrari, Porsche, Tesla, Boeing, Royal Caribbean, Stanford, Harvard, and MIT. The vendor says the product offers its customers speed, power, agility, ease of use, and value.
The Qualtrics platform underwent a rebrand and came to be known as Qualtrics CoreXM.
Qualtrics is backed by three venture capital firms: Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Insight Venture Partners. The company has 3,000 employees, 10,000+ clients, and millions of users.
- Supported: Customer Experience Management
- Supported: Customer and Market Research
- Supported: Employee Insights
- Supported: Digital Experience Management
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
- One of the greatest strengths of Qualtrics is its customer service. I created a complex survey tool that required some functionality outside my knowledge base. Qualtrics support saved the day and made it easy.
- The front facing user interface of surveys is professional, crisp and easy to use.
- [I'm] still adjusting to the transition from the old version. It's a pretty radical change to the back end interface, so it's been challenging becoming familiar with the new version. New users I think will find it easier overall than the old version. It's just an adjustment period for older users.
- I could not be doing the research I'm doing without the help of Qualtrics.
- 24 hour support
- They seem invested in the success of my project
- Patience in walking me through tricky issues
- Extremely knowledgeable about the product
- They have helped me resolve issues 100% of the time
- First and foremost, the ability to program the survey myself reduces costs significantly compared to what we would pay a programmer. It also allows us to edit and make the inevitable last minute changes that always tend to occur.
- The ability to tailor the survey to meet our or our clients' specifications leads to better responses. To illustrate, I am able to incorporate my clients color schemes and logos for their customer database surveys which leads to greater trust in the survey and incrementally more completed surveys. When it comes to new development ideas, Qualtrics allows me to use video and graphics to best describe and portray a potential development idea thereby resulting in better, more educated responses. This ability allowed me to run a college survey for a $450 million stadium redevelopment that was sent to over 250,000 alumni and resulted in 25,000 completed responses.
- The previous point leads to my greatest point which is the ability to generate easy reports and disseminate the data through cross tabs. In the past I had used SPSS, which I found less than user friendly. Being able to cross tabulate and create instant visuals through Qualtrics reporting not only saves me an astounding amount of time, but also eliminates the stress that other programs have caused in the past.
- I use their panels quite often when running our national and regional surveys for random samples of people. Their panels team is always very helpful, knowledgeable and efficient. After I program my surveys, they take over and run the survey to achieve the appropriate amount of responses based on my quotas. The process is effortless and much easier than when we hired another company to run our regional and national surveys. Additionally they have several panel houses from which they can get a random sample which reduces the cost considerably.
- The only weakness I can think of was the reporting in Beta mode. However since then there have been significant improvements and the reporting element runs beautifully.
- Not sure if this is an issue anymore, however in the beginning they gave quicker support to their larger clients. That being said, today when I had a questions for support they got back to me within the hour.
- The greatest impact Qualtrics has had on me is on my time. I am so much more efficient with this platform. The ease of programming and simple abilities to program skip or display logic has even helped me become better at writing because it opened up so many new survey design possibilities.
- In terms of our business, the ease of programming cut the project timeline in half. No longer do we have to send drafts back and forth with the programmer at a cost every time. The platform has streamlined our process and allowed us to complete more projects in a year and increase our revenues.
- In terms of cost, this platform is just a fraction of what we used to pay to run national and regional surveys.
- Our national and regional surveys of random samples of people in the United States to help us keep up on gaming and hospitality trends, habits and preferences.
- To help our clients understand what their customers want in a casino development and their habits and preferences so that they can better serve their customers.
- Internally this has allowed us to survey our clients to improve on our services as well as review each other for personal growth.
- We are still learning them, but the internal review process is brand new.
- Getting feedback from our customers.
- Comparing old surveys pre-Qualtrics to new surveys that we used Qualtrics for.
- Still learning that one. But we are using it now to judge our webinars to understand topics that we might want to cover and hear feedback on our past webinars.
We sent out the survey link in hopes of receiving 2000 completed responses. We ended up reaching that within the hour and we had to work quickly to broaden our license. We ended up with nearly 25,000 completed responses.
- Viewing Results
- Creating Reports
- Working with Panels.
- It took me a day or so to learn how to program the survey flow. Once I learned the basics it opened up a whole new level of survey programming that I had previously not even considered.
- Learning about the various survey questions was interesting but not cumbersome. It allowed me to think about how I want the data reported which in turn improved the quality of my survey.
- It has inspired me to learn coding which I have not found to be easy. At least not yet.
- Quantifying, analyzing, and reporting on the data gathered is something Qualtrics does very well.
- Ability to create targeted surveys.
- Customizable presentation of surveys.
- Ability to share surveys with other members of my team is a big plus.
- I'd like to see the ability to connect and return survey results to an external database.
- Better customer service.
- New customer development.
- Increased employee satisfaction.
- Qualtrics is user friendly, anyone can start using this tool without prior training
- Survey Flow helps us managing the overall flow of the survey
- Sending Invites to participants is quite easy and simple in Qualtrics
- Some of the basic question set ups are missing, especially matrix/grid questions are very limited. Placing validations in those questions is again a BIG task, it is super tedious to handle matrix questions in Qualtrics
- Translations: - Translating/Overlaying your surveys is going to be BIG task, their translator module is terrible
- Reporting again is limited
- Better Service
- Employee Satisfaction Survey which is review by our management to bring improvement in tools, process and resorces
- Concept testing for new products and solutions
- Ad-hoc/Pulse survey to record the pulse of the participants for any changes in the organization
- I don't see Qualtrics as a tool to be used in the future by our organization
- Vendor implemented
- Panel Management
- Sending Emails to the participants/panel
- Creating various questions
- Skip logic
- Conditional flow
When I contacted support if they have any information on who made the change on the survey, they mentioned they don't keep this information on their server. I was Shocked, one can go and change anything in the active survey and no information is recorded who made that change on the server.
God Save our Active surveys on Qualtrics :(
- Web intercept studies related to ad sales, consumer marketing and strategic planning
- Qualitative research recruitment for our user experience team
- Customer support - I like being able to talk to someone on the phone who can help me with technical issues related to complex programming issues. Although the support line is sometimes busy, the majority of the time I am able to talk to someone live who can fix my issue in a timely manner.
- Intuitive programming - Coming from a basic background of survey programming, Qualtrics is the best I've used to date (compared to Survey Builder, Instant.ly, Key Survey and of course Survey Monkey). I like being able to seamlessly copy and paste text into Qualtrics very easily, use display logic appropriately and capture embedded data when needed
- Top line reporting - I've had success working directly in the Results feature as well as exporting to Excel. Running filters is quite easy before exporting to Excel so that you can analyze various subgroups. I've even pulled in a vendor to run traditional tables using Qualtrics' SPSS file.
- Cross Tabs - I like that Qualtrics offers the feature, but one of my biggest complaints is that it takes quite a long time to load responses when you need to merge columns or stubs together. Also, you have to merge two columns/stubs one at a time instead of doing all of your merging and running it at the very end. It is very time consumer and inefficient when doing simple things like age breaks, top 2 box, etc.
- Email response times - While phone support is strong, I recall email support taking more than one business day to get a response for some simple/standard questions. I would like to see Qualtrics invest in online chatting windows similar to retailers to talk through issues.
- Randomization - Currently you cannot nest response options together and randomize them.
- Cost per complete - Sometimes we have niche targets that are more difficult to reach. My team has had to purchase additional batches of survey completions. Given that the sample is solely ours and not from a gen pop panel, I think Qualtrics' costs could be a little more client-friendly when it comes to those who terminate vs. actual qualified respondents.
- Ability to recruit highly qualified individuals for qualitative research
- Conducting research for ad sales projects that require very short turnaround times
- Tracking attitudinal behavior over time
- Web intercept
- Qualitative recruitment
- Being able to save money by programming ourselves but having a vendor do cross tabbing by exporting the data file to SPSS
- Transitioning a proprietary panel to Qualtrics for more of a do it yourself approach
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
- Implemented in-house
- Survey look and feel options/design
- Creating basic questions, but having the option to use grids, sliding scales, etc to change it up
- Top line reporting
- Cross tabulation