ADP Workforce Now Meets our Business Needs
August 07, 2020
ADP Workforce Now Meets our Business Needs
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ADP Workforce Now
We use ADP Workforce Now for our payroll, timekeeping, benefits, and recruiting solutions. It is mainly used by our Payroll and Human Resources Departments, but we do allow access to our managers and employees. ADP Workforce Now helps us manage our weekly payroll schedule, employee enrollments, and the tracking of important data within the system that needs our attention. The recruitment module gives us a one-stop location to manage our prospective new hires.
- We enjoy the fact that ADP puts a lot of control in the client's hand. It can be overwhelming to have a lot of options, but we like that ADP empowers us to organize the system to our preferences, like adding our own deduction and pay codes, importing in data to the Validation tables, etc. They have enough support documentation to really help us understand the best choices to make.
- Our ADP team definitely is one big reason we stay with ADP. From our Sales Representative, our Payroll Manager, to our Executive Relationship Manager we have a support team that makes sure any issues we experience are dealt with in a timely manner. The experience and knowledge that they have with ADP and our organization helps to ensure that the best decisions are made from the beginning, and if we run into any issues they move mountains to be sure it is corrected.
- We are big Custom Reporting users, and we get a lot of requests for custom reports from Payroll, Employee, Benefit, and Analytical data. I find it very easy to create reports with the steps that ADP provides, and we have such in depth knowledge of how the system works and what fields are in each area that we can quickly turn around reports for our Executive team.
- As a system user and administrator, you have to have your wits about you to ensure that everything is going according to plan. Even with the best intentions, system and field setup can occur incorrectly. If you do not understand the system and process very well, users might run into a lot more issues. We regularly have to check up to ensure that new items that have been updated (by us or ADP) are correct to avoid processing errors.
- It it nice that ADP tries to update the system regularly, but we have experienced a lot of moments when the updates have unintended consequences. In the latest round of upgrades, we had a field in a Standard Report that was no longer populating, and it was mentioned by other companies as an issue. After over a month of errors and technical cases, ADP is finally working on it. The lag in recognizing such big issues is disappointing. When a system is updated, ADP should try to test and review the upgrade to make sure they do not break reports or fields that were working previously.
- We are not big fans of the new Support feature, Service Connect. It is a nice thought, but administrators are unable to see service requests across the company, so if someone is on Vacation we cannot keep their requests moving or check in on the status. It also makes it hard for the team leads to check that a fellow employee submitted a request.
- ADP Workforce Now provides our company with peace of mind that our products will be taken care of. We use them for our tax filing services and this saves us time and money from doing it in house. We also have experienced very few errors.
- Another module that saves us on time and money is the WGPS for wage garnishments and child support. We rarely experience any issues and it is helpful to know that is it being taken care of quickly and efficiently.
- Even though we enjoy the freedom of setting up in our system, it does take a lot of time to research and verify that the setup is correct.
Over the years, ADP has added many features as Workforce Now has evolved that have increased our productivity and the ease of use in the system. From eight years ago when we first implemented the system, to current day we are able to process more tasks quicker than when the first version came out.
- Carrier Connection
We do not have a lot of system integrations, but we have tried to sync up our benefits data in ADP WFN with Carrier Connection. We have been unsuccessful each time due to our specific challenges that are unable to be accommodated.
We had a Ceridian demo and decided to stay with ADP because we felt like the customer/client support we would receive from ADP was better, and is probably the best in the business. At the end of the day your Human Capital Management system is only has good as the administrators that are utilizing its tools, and we felt ADP was still the best fit for our organization.
ADP makes a great Human Capital Management tool with Workforce Now. We are able to run our weekly payroll with greater ease with their features and dashboards that keep us on track. We would recommend ADP to organizations that have the a solid staff of critical thinkers that can review the system and data for errors.