Buddy Media Survey
January 18, 2014
Buddy Media Survey
Score 7 out of 10
Buddy Media was used on two teams; Social Media team and Campus Recruiting team. I managed and used the tool for the campus recruiting team while I worked at my previous company. The goal of the tool was to increase our candidate engagement from a campus perspective. We utilized the tool to showcase employee profiles, business articles, book reviews, pictures, and engagement questions. It was a way for our candidates to see current Alumni, view pictures from their campuses, and view upcoming campus events. Based on this, I utilized the tool to develop metrics for the business on our weekly calls with our vendor and meetings with the business.
- Able to modify and create a page that caters to the company.
- Develop metrics to the business for weekly, monthly, and YOY comparisons.
- Review the metrics to see what works and what does not.
- Building a better relationship with the company. Response time was slow.
- Provide training on the tool for the team.
- The data was not always clear/cut, needed a better understanding of the terms.
The biggest challenge is how to brand our "tab" and drive traffic to our candidates. Since we are a tab, they are unable to search for us, they would need to search for the company page and then click on the tab which is ultimately 2 clicks. The second part is our audience, college candidates do not always like a company page until they get hired. It was hard to cater specific update to a demographic age when the candidates possibly did not like our page.
I think it is well suited for a candidate engagement piece however, the challenge was branding it to college campuses since we are a "tab" from the main FB page opposed to a true page to search for. Some key questions are: "How can we brand our page as a tab?" How can we drive more traffic to our tab?" "How can utilize this page while we are on campus?"