Buddy Media Survey
https://www.trustradius.com/social-media-publishingBuddy MediaUnspecified4.917101
January 18, 2014

Buddy Media Survey

Score 7 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction

Buddy Media was used on two teams; Social Media team and Campus Recruiting team. I managed and used the tool for the campus recruiting team while I worked at my previous company. The goal of the tool was to increase our candidate engagement from a campus perspective. We utilized the tool to showcase employee profiles, business articles, book reviews, pictures, and engagement questions. It was a way for our candidates to see current Alumni, view pictures from their campuses, and view upcoming campus events. Based on this, I utilized the tool to develop metrics for the business on our weekly calls with our vendor and meetings with the business.
  • Able to modify and create a page that caters to the company.
  • Develop metrics to the business for weekly, monthly, and YOY comparisons.
  • Review the metrics to see what works and what does not.
  • Building a better relationship with the company. Response time was slow.
  • Provide training on the tool for the team.
  • The data was not always clear/cut, needed a better understanding of the terms.
  • Customer service.
  • Need to increase traffic to the page.
  • Branding.
The biggest challenge is how to brand our "tab" and drive traffic to our candidates. Since we are a tab, they are unable to search for us, they would need to search for the company page and then click on the tab which is ultimately 2 clicks. The second part is our audience, college candidates do not always like a company page until they get hired. It was hard to cater specific update to a demographic age when the candidates possibly did not like our page.
I think it is well suited for a candidate engagement piece however, the challenge was branding it to college campuses since we are a "tab" from the main FB page opposed to a true page to search for. Some key questions are: "How can we brand our page as a tab?" How can we drive more traffic to our tab?" "How can utilize this page while we are on campus?"