Overall Satisfaction with Ensighten Manage
Ensighten is being used to mange around 500 tags across 6 Websites. We have it deployed to Dev, QA and Prod environments. It enables our non technical users to create tags and deploy them in a few minutes instead of waiting on a development cycle which could be anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months. It enables tag delivery for different campaigns and take down after the campaign is done.
- Provides around 578 Apps, which are templates for various advertisement tags. Non technical business users can use a form based UI to enter values which are used by the App to create the tag code.
- Provides the concept of Spaces which can be used for access restriction, manage tag development and QA process.
- Provides tag firing timing control. Tags can fire immediately, after DOM has loaded, or after page has loaded.
- Provides helper frameworks that enable features such as event triggering, DOM changes etc.
- Manage 2.0 UI is slow to load.
- Manage UI view tag feature is not very useful.
- Tag enabling and disabling cannot be automated. We have requested this feature.
- We have been able to deploy campaign based tags very easily due to Ensighten.
- There have been many occasions when an error was made either in a Tag, or in code during production code changes, that we were able to fix through Ensighten very quickly.
- Pre-Ensighten the tag management and campaign management function was not well defined in the company and spread out in different groups. Due to ensighten we were forced to think through the process and have a central group managing tagging request.
We were asked to evaluate Ensighten against GTM and have determined that GTM does not provide the required features that we currently use with Ensighten. Specifically things like vanity URL redirects, tag sequencing, helper frameworks. GTM also does not provide as extensive vendor support as Ensighten. The concept of spaces is not as robust.