Overall Satisfaction with Viber
Viber is used in my organization widely. Each department creates a viber group and every member of the department can exchange information and communicate much faster than before. Viber resolves the communication issue that arose before. There are too many people that need to have access to information (for example - meeting details, design preview, marketing material preview) and a text message just could not do enough when you have to text each of the members in a department. Also, there is a limitation in term of photos. In addition, Viber is well-known internationally so it is very much likely that our customers and partners do use it as well. If that is the case, the communication barrier is further erased and effective communication is easily established to prevent unwanted issues.
- Communication on the go: most mobile operating systems (iOS/Android) do offer the Viber app so you can access the conversation with your teammate anytime, anywhere.
- Ease of use: there is not much technical knowledge required to use Viber, you just have to download and install it, either it is on a smartphone or on a computer. The interface is easy to learn and you can use all of the features within a few minutes.
- Ability to call a normal mobile number: Viber allows you to top up your account and use that account to call a real mobile number, anywhere in the world. This further enhances the ability to connect, especially to the ones who are on a lot of business trips.
- Syncing between mobile app & desktop app is not so great. If you set up Viber on the new computer, it is very likely that you will lose the previous conversation on the mobile app.
- There is no way to organize the photos sent through the app. This is very inconvenient because you cannot search for the things you sent (for example: searching for a previous marketing material layout that was sent last month to the marketing group). On viber, this is nearly impossible and cost lots of time to look for the thing you have sent earlier.
- Contacts cannot be added through the desktop app which creates inconvenience for the user. For example: If you want to add a business partner contact and you are using the desktop app, you cannot. You have to turn on your phone and do it through your phone.
- Communication across department is much easier and faster.
- It is now easier to reach staff that are on an overseas business trip, even if that one is on the go (ex: in the car, at the airport).
- Most of our customers use Viber, therefore, it is not only convenient to reach people inside the company, it is also used for external communication as well.
Skype offers similar communication features as Viber, but Viber is more convenient as it uses the phone number as contact details. So instead of having to remember the user id, you just need to add your business partner's contact number and you have their viber already. Al, o the Skype app on mobile is too slow and a hassle to use if you are on the go.
Viber is well suited for managing communication across the department. For example: if a manager wants to get the message out to the team, or any instruction to the team. Instead of a lengthy formal email or having to message each of the individuals in the team, he or she can just send a message on the viber group that is created for the team members only. The communication process is much faster and therefore, actions are taken promptly without delay.