VWO: Easy to realize big improvements on your website
November 17, 2018

VWO: Easy to realize big improvements on your website

Score 8 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with VWO

VWO is being used by our marketing department for optimizing our website. We will have a look at the heat maps to see what people click on and think is most useful. And we use A/B tests for continuous optimization of our homepage and landing pages. We try to answer questions like: how can we best serve our (potential) customers on our website?
  • Heat maps
  • Easy set up of A/B tests
  • Easy implementation of the tool
  • Last time I wanted to add a B-variant in a A/B-test on our homepage. I changed the existing content (that was separated in two columns), but in the preview it kept showing elements I already deleted. In the end I decided to skip this test, because I couldn't find a solution.
  • Integration of Google Analytics can be more easy, so I can easily use my existing measurement goals for example.
  • Exporting of the made heat maps into images.
  • I don't have hard figures, but we measure the conversion rate on our lead page. We continuously have an A/B test running and after a winner can be decided we test something new. I am sure the use of VWO will contribute positively to our amount of leads.
  • By using VWO, we are triggered to think of new experiences all the time. It will help us improving our way of doing business and because we can visualize it, other colleagues will get excited about it as well.
My organization has benefit of the use of A/B testing. We have a special landing page for lead generation. We often have a B-variant live. In this variant we make one change. We tried to vary with images, or images versus video, with the colours of our page, with adding call-to-action-buttons and by the size and location of our lead form. We optimize it all the time. The variant with the best conversion rate is the winner.
I have to say we have used the targeting option yet. As our company has specific target groups this can be a good feature to use in the coming months. I would like to test if the target group would like to see specific content for their group, or more general content. And if we can see differences between the target groups: like use specific terms or not.
The WYSIWYG editor is very easy. I can easily click on the part of the website I would like change. So I just click on the text and can change the text for example. Without the help of the, always busy, IT-department. As an online marketeer the editor gives me freedom and speed. And the improvements can be easily done by other colleagues at my team as well, so we as a team feel very concerned with testing.
I wanted to select Google Optimize. I used Analytics, Ads and Tag Manager, but they are different from VWO. Google Optimize is quite comparable. As you can do A/B-tests as well. You are only limited to a few test at the same time. And it is not possible to make heat maps. That is why I selected VWO.
VWO can be used well if you want to see how your website is used. Where do people click on the page? How can we optimize our conversion path? And you can easily test your improvements on part of the visitors, so it won't have too much impact on your running business.

If you use an iframe, in our case it will not be tracked. Probably if you add the VWO code in the iframe, but it is something you should be aware of.