Overall Satisfaction with Xactly Incent
We use Xactly to calculate commissions and provide sales visibility into their commissions. Finance is the admin and the entire sales function is the end-user. It automates the majority of our commission calculations.
- Provide Sales visibility into their commission.
- Provides reporting on expense by product/segment/geo/etc.
- Allows versioning to track plan changes while keeping audit trail of historical data.
- Reporting and analytics function isn't the most intuitive.
- When downloading data can only download a month a time.
- Increased efficiency of monthly and quarterly close.
- Improved sales visibility of their commissions.
- Improved ease of pulling support for audit requests.
Using the Xactly outputs to look at commissions expense by different product lines/segments/geographies. Allows easy analysis of discounting data in these different cuts as well. Most of our analysis is still being done outside of the system in Excel using the Xactly dataset as our source data due to the difficulty of reporting in Xactly.
No, outside of having the underlying commission data in a central place, all of our strategic planning still happens in Excel/Google sheets.
Wide use across the SaaS industry makes it ideal in terms of familiarity on both the admin and end user side.
Xactly is great for commission plans where the calculations are relatively straightforward and the source data is clean and requires minimal mapping. It gets less useful if underlying data isn't clean or requires a high level of manipulation before commission calculation.