July 18, 2020
Constant Contact cancelled my account without warning after significant investment into their platform
Score 1 out of 10
Read Stephen Sokolowski's full review
Pros and Cons
- The customer service team is friendly (but often unable to help).
- The customers who received the E-Mail saw the intended design.
- Their compliance department said my industry sends spam and closed my account, even though I only sent one message in 7 days.
- I waited on hold for 2 hours and 47 minutes over six calls and still couldn't get a technical issue resolved.
- Because they suddenly closed the account without contacting me first, I lost hundreds of dollars in salaries put into researching their API and setting up templates.
- They do not offer true two-factor authentication using the TOTP algorithm, a must for any account with thousands of subscribers. Constant Contact's authentication method is vulnerable to an attack known as a "SIM swap."