Our use of Constant …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Email deliverability reporting (136)8.686%
- List management (92)8.181%
- Dashboards (88)7.777%
- Standard reports (89)7.676%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Constant Contact, and make your voice heard!
CRM Platform by SharpSpring
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $9.99 per month
Constant Contact aims to help users:
- Grow their audiences
Build your list fast with landing pages, social media lead ads, and more.
- Deepen customer relationships
Connect with people where they are—via text, email, or social—all from one platform, to drive more engagement and results for your business.
- Simplify social media
Create and manage social posts and ads to generate awareness, drive leads and promote growth.
- Sync with the apps already in use
Connect with digital tools already in use to grow and sell more online, faster.
- Supported: WYSIWYG email editor
- Supported: A/B testing
- Supported: List management
- Supported: Standard reports
- Supported: Spelling and Grammar Check
- Supported: Email Previews
- Supported: SMS Marketing
- Getting started with SMS text message marketing? Use this checklist to see if your SMS campaign is the best it can be, and soon these best practices will be second nature.
- The Download - Making Sense of Online Marketing
- Online Marketing Checklist
- Designing the Perfect Email Newsletter
- How to Put Your Marketing on Autopilot with Email Automation
- The Power of Relationships
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- They've been around a while
- Their interface is ok
- Easy to sign up and enter your payment information
- Impossible to cancel. You have to call a number and wait on hold FOR A LONG TIME.
- Archaic compared to newer tools.
- Bad support.
- Frustrate Customers
- Customer Service
- Tracks contacts who were sent, clicked, and opened each email.
- Allows our teams to create lists and tags to keep constituents organized.
- Provides colorful and attractive email templates.
- It would be nice if we had more customizable options for emails - like moving around pictures and text boxes, rather than a set spot for everything to go.
- I would like it if multiple people could work on a document at one time. So if I'm in charge of graphics, I can get those updated while someone else is entering content, etc.
- Constant Contact's email-creation UI is easy and powerful. This makes creating new emails and newsletters fast for even non-technical users. The user has many options to customize the email with images, buttons, links, and more.
- Constant Contact is more than just a email sending service. Their other campaign types include event registration, surveys, and A/B tests. Each of these campaigns can add value to your company beyond just email.
- Constant Contact offers many email templates to choose from. Whether you are looking to send a bulk newsletter or a more personal note, there will be template for you to work off of and further customize.
- Constant Contact's list management UI is not the best. Selecting a list on the Contacts home page does not link you directly to the list, so refreshing the page means you have to re-select the list, which is a couple clicks away. This becomes troublesome when updating contacts in a separate tab and hoping to refresh the list page to see the results.
- The UI of the Contact page is also not great. There is a confusion between lists and tags, and the data fields are not organized well.
- The reporting features, while useful, lack customizability. More than surface level data analysis needs done with an import into Excel.
- Rather easy to use
- Simple instructions for using
- Very responsive in its use
- Customer service
- "Free trials" that are actually free
- options for designing emails
- variety of programs like event registrations and polls
- Database management is really good
- email templates need more in the wide format
- pricing levels based on database numbers is not good.
- customer service was a bit slow
- Market segmentation is great: my main segmentation is by region because that's how our sales team is divided.
- Lists: making customized email lists is easy and intuitive; the custom fields allow some flexibility in case our fields don't exactly line up with Constant Contact's.
- Campaigns: creating campaigns is quick and simple. I especially appreciate the 'resend to non-openers' option. I am constantly using this feature.
- Subject line generator: I like using the recommended subject lines. I'm able to plug in their recommended ideas, or sometimes, this feature helps me generate my own ideas.
- Reporting: sometimes, IT departments automatically open and click on all the links in emails, and those are sometimes reported as real opens and clicks. It's hard to tell.
- Email builder: we use different software for creating emails, and then export them over to Constant Contact. There isn't a plethora of options and flexibility within their email builder.
- Importing lists: it would be beneficial to us if we could somehow export from our Salesforce lists directly to Constant Contact. Instead, we need to export from Salesforce to Excel, and then import to Constant Contact.
- You can accomplish quite a bit using the drag and drop interface, so there is less custom HTML required.
- Easy to use for folks who are not tech savvy.
- Very quick upload speed for contact lists when compared with other email marketing vendors.
- Easy to customize contact lists.
- Displays much more consistently across different email clients when compared with other email marketing vendors.
- Drag and drop interface can be buggy. For example, when you drag in a component, sometimes the email template keeps scrolling, so you're not able to actually drop in the component.
- Reporting is a bit confusing. There are 2 different ways to access reporting and I believe only one of them allowed you to view click rates for embedded links.
- Limitations on the drag and drop interface. For example, you're not able to create a sidebar that spans the entire length of the email, which was a request from a client.
- Mass email
- CRM utilization
- Customer service
- Allows you to send out mass emails.
- Allows you to customize templates.
- Allows you to send out surveys.
- I have no suggestions.
- Easily Design and create emails to send
- Integrate with many different tools and systems
- Easy to use interface and reporting
- A/B testing
- They are not a CRM but their contact management could use some improvements
- Pricing could be more affordable
- Would love to see better support when needed
- Cazoomi Salesforce integration is great.
- Being able to have buckets of different contacts is appreciated.
- The ability to easily edit the newsletter template is awesome.
- Sometimes the UI isn't sticky and changes don't get saved.
- Ease of use
- Customer Service
- Customization features
- Value for money
- Embedding videos needs updating
- Frequent glitches within building designs
- Drag and drop email editor.
- Contact list management
- Email Automation
- User interface should be more intuitive. As an example, it took me a while to figure out the social media posting widget.
- The need for better integration with 3rd party software tools.
- Constant Contact allows the users to send unlimited emails and just pay per list size.
- The software does welcome emails pretty well and allows you to set up all sorts of automation.
- The branded templates and starter templates are very useful and look good.
- The interface is definitely a bit difficult to use and it takes some getting used to.
- More customization and exporting of html would be awesome.
- They could expand on features that other email marketing software has such as tying in with social media, more flows, etc.
- Contact metrics are very easy to manage
- I can handle a large number of contacts
- It is an excellent alternative for database administration
- Sometimes the monitoring parameters are not the simplest
- Contact Database Management
- Large Group and Sub-Group Email Messaging
- Email Results and Metrics
- Glitch in the email builder resets font to default if you backspace after a return
- Certain functions (like RSVP) can be capture for free on other platforms, but not Constant Contact
- Somewhat limited background selection options (but is improving)
- Customer lists management
- Scheduling email blasts with ease
- Templating emails
- I was pretty happy with it the way it is.
- Cost Effective
- User Friendly
- Less learning curve
- User management
- Easy to use
- Great for using a consistent template
- Good reporting
- The integration with Facebook could be better. The thumbnail that's autogenerated doesn't always look great.
- Polished Look
- Streamlined Functionality
- Consistent Look across Users
- Design elements
- Drag and Drop
- Learning curve
- I didn't really think it was very user friendly
- I prefer HubSpot
- User experience needs some work
- It doesn't have the same user friendly features that HubSpot has
- I'd like to see a major update
- Easily email to different groups
- Strong data management
- Pretty straight forward user interface
- Some spacing issues on actual emails compared to on the preview screens
- Runs slow compared to other services I've used for this
- Not always as intuitive as it comes across from the beginning
- Ease of start up
- Ease of transfer of contacts
- The ability to track who opens the messages
- We have had no issues within the way we use it
- Automation of email campaigns
- Ability for quick analysis of emails
- Keep tailored templates that hold to the brand guidelines
- Easy to use for the lower end user
- Logs out frequently
- Still seems to go to spam folder
- Training options