ADP Workforce Now Review 51 of 247
Review: "Views of ADP Workforce Now from a new user"
https://www.trustradius.com/hr-managementADP Workforce NowUnspecified7.3539101
Melissa Rauch profile photo
September 07, 2018

Review: "Views of ADP Workforce Now from a new user"

Score 9 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with ADP Workforce Now

Our organization uses Workforce Now for HR, Benefits and Payroll processing. The HR and Benefits capacities are recent additions as we are streamlining processes and looking for accuracy and efficiency. The ability to manage the benefits (enrollment and deductions) through WFN have eliminated human error and saved time in the long run. Next, we will convert the HSA employee and employer contributions to the benefit module.

Having employees in many states and overseas demands a provider that can handle the complex taxation. ADP representatives have been helpful and knowledgeable in supporting our employee base.
  • Highly trained customer service representatives. When calling, wait times are usually short. All representatives have a broad base of training so most questions are resolved right away. There is an extensive 'back office' of more experienced team members to address the more complex issues and anomalies. Recent training updates including the common sharing of representative email address for ongoing follow up access.
  • Learning opportunities are available through videos, webcasts, PDFs , conferences and virtual conferences. I have found the quarter and year end videos to be especially helpful. I am appreciative of emails with links to articles with payroll relevance, saving me the time to research.
  • Reporting capabilities are extensive. There are many standard reports that provide the base report with opportunity to customize fields, sorting, etc. And they can be saved for future use, with additional edit capabilities. Also available are fully custom reports, built by the the user, with the option of guidance from an ADP report writer. My experience includes a completely custom created report that I now use on a regular basis. The personal attention and investment of time to get my report exactly as needed was much appreciated.
  • There are some screen printing issues with relationship to the pay statements. There are great capabilities to compare up to 5 pay statements for an employee. The view of information is both helpful and powerful. However, if a printout is desired, it is impossible! It prints with all the underlying layers of data versus what is seen on the screen. So frustrating to have such a wonderful tool available, but no way to print or pdf to share with an employee.
  • As fantastic as the customer service is, my experience has included some very challenging issues. In these cases, it would be helpful to have a dedicated phone line to reach the manager, team leader, or highly experienced team member that has been involved along the way. I have spent much time being transferred, waiting, explaining and re-explaining only to have to wait for a return call from the person I initially needed to speak with.
  • The benefit and payroll modules are extensive and very well integrated. However, in the set up process, it would be helpful to have someone 'lead' the process from ADP along side the client. In setting up some benefits, we felt stuck in the middle knowing what the outcome should look like, but not how to get there. And the ADP benefit rep didn't understand the payroll side, while the ADP payroll rep didn't understand the benefit side. So we, the employer, had to attempt to understand both and guide the ADP reps in the set up. It felt a little disconnected. Eventually, we worked it out, but it seems a more smooth process from within ADP would provide more customer satisfaction.
  • My experience with ADP is just over a year. In that time I have worked extensively with with our HR team to bring efficiency and accuracy to our departments. We have worked to use the HR fields for improved reporting and tracking. We have added almost all of the benefits into that module to allow for future time savings during open enrollment. In the next year, we will begin to see our efforts pay off in improved accuracy and time savings from manual entries. As we both become more knowledgeable and comfortable with the capabilities in ADP, we look forward to a larger impact.
Our HR team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much. - We are just utilizing the HR features, so this year has been one of time investment for future time savings. Previously there was no tangible data available as HR details were not kept anywhere. ADP housed only the field necessary for processing payroll. As we have worked to populate the fields use the hiring and termination templates, we are systematically collecting data for future reporting. Likely there will be some time savings in the long run, but our biggest win will be to have accurate data in a presentable format with little time invested on the gathering of the data.
For a small employer, with very little turnover and few benefit options, ADP may be too costly for the benefit. There are many affordable payroll providers available for small organizations.

For large employers with many benefits options, employees in multiple locations, multiple tax jurisdictions and varied pay types (salary, hourly, commission, etc), ADP is ideal. The extended customer service hours, extensive resources for international pay, and capability for multi state taxation is crucial for an international employer.

ADP Workforce Now Feature Ratings

Employee demographic data
Employment history
Job profiles and administration
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Organizational charting
Organization and location management
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Pay calculation
Support for external payroll vendors
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
Reimbursement management
Approval workflow
Balance details
Annual carry-forward and encashment
View and generate pay and benefit information
Update personal information
View company policy documentation
Employee recognition
Report builder
Pre-built reports
Ability to combine HR data with external data
Performance plans
Applicant Tracking
Notifications and Alerts

ADP Workforce Now Support

Support

The support from ADP client service is fantastic. Most of the time, one call can resolve my question or issue. On occasion, when I have a more complex issue, there will need to be follow up or even an amendment filed. In those instances, normally ADP sends a follow up email with the case number and details. I can then continue email contact with the representative (versus calling and starting over with someone new).

On occasion I have needed to escalate an issue, either for more immediate resolution or a more experienced team member involvement. However, the CR team appears well trained as to when that level of involvement is appropriate and they will not hesitate to escalate.

ADP Workforce Now Customer Support Pros and Cons

Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
None

Exceptional Examples of ADP Workforce Now Support

There is more than one exceptional support story!

One, more complex, involved reallocation of wages from a previous calendar year. Many emails, phone calls and amendment filings later, we had the proper resolution to reallocate wages among foreign and two states. It was complicated by employee travel, hurricane closing for ADP (Florida), and exemptions from FICA. My rep was very good an researching, reviewing and staying in contact.