Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Marketo Engage
Marketo is the center of LeanData's MarTech Stack. It acts as the central hub of all of our Marketing Programs. We use Marketo to track the effectiveness of our marketing and use the data created to determine how we run our business. Without Marketo there would be no marketing. Marketo touches all aspects of our organization. Primarily it informs sales when their hot prospects are engaged with the brand, because they are more likely at that moment willing to have a personal interaction. LeanData's inbound/outbound hybrid model is enabled by Marketo informing the sales & sales development teams when their prospects have meaningful interactions. Marketo additionally supports the Product & Customer Success team in communicating with our customers to inform them of new feature releases & updates. Marketo is core to the operations of LeanData's revenue organization.
- The ability to scale programs is the greatest benefit Marketo has over their competition. Once you have a well built program, consolidated all in one place, you can easily replicate it by cloning a copy. This makes it really easy to scale operations.
- But that's only the tip of the iceberg, a well implemented series of tokens adds speed & accuracy to your perfect programs. A particular program could include 8 emails, 6 landing pages, and a bunch of campaigns to move people through the process. By adding "placeholder values" or tokens to a program, you can update a value once & ensure that the same data is updated in all 14 emails + landing pages at once. This dramatically cuts down on the time it takes to implement a campaign over other systems.
- Third, Marketo listens to the voice of their customer, internalizes their needs, and continually innovates to meet the demands of the marketing teams they enhance.
- Overall it is hard to find talent who know how to utilize the full strength of Marketo. I see people with very rudimentary setups that don't take advantage of all of the power that comes in a system like Marketo.
- Universities aren't equipping our next generation of marketing employees to meet the needs we currently have in digital marketing skills. There is a real lack of awareness of the importance of understanding the how along with the why. That lack of naturally producing talent has left companies like Marketo with having to create university course materials themselves to help students keep up.
- With public & private companies there is a constant need to show increasing profits.
For me it came down to the features that scale my team's efforts. Anything that makes work repeatable & effortless is a win to me & thats where Marketo strives to achieve gains for their customers. If you're used to looking in 5 different places for all of the pieces of a campaign so you can make a new one, you're wasting time & effort you could be applying to other projects.